Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:10 PM

29 posts, read 85,088 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new here (my first post) . I currently live on the South Coast of Massachusetts and my fiance and I (and our two kids) are looking into moving to South Carolina (Cane Bay in particular) hopefully within the next 1 to 2 years.

We're trying to gather as much information on the area as we can and try to answer most of the questions we have before time gets closer to buying and we actually get to sit down with home builder or real estate agent. I was hoping that maybe from this fourm I could get some of our questions answered and maybe get to know some of our future neighbors.

We both would be leaving behind all our friends and family to move south but feel its the best thing we can do for our lives and most importantly our children's lives. I have 1 friend who lives in the Goose Creek area and he's been helping me out but dosen't have a lot of info on the Cane Bay Plantation. I tried to contact Centex homes for more information but was sent an email in reply to mine stating they are unable to provide me any information my email, phone, or postal may due to some law in affect in Mass (never heard of it, not sure if they are for real or just blowing me off since I did make it clear I wasn't in the market for atleast a year). But anyway, thats not turning me off to Centex as I like there homes, prices, and the nieghborhood, it's just not helping me answer my many questions lol.

So to the questions.. In particualar we were wondering about the acutally lot Sizes (we saw some homes we liked in Marsh Grove and Tidal Creek at Old Rice Retreat). How close are the homes to there neighbors? Is there any kind of buffer between your yard and your side and rear neighbor's yards? Are these neighborhoods devloped now or future devlopments? I see only drawings of the homes on the Centex site, no actual pictures.

I'm sure there are more questions but that's all I have for now. I want to thank you for your time to read this and hopefully answer.

Look forward to being a part of this community.

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
Good luck Bill, there are few regular posters on here that live in Cane Bay, they will help you out...

Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,831 times
Another Mass person to Cane Bay! LOL ... First off welcome! I know how that email thing works, so please call Sarah Murray (843) 761-4410. Tell her that her FAVORITE NY Yankee Fan resident sent you this info, she'll know who it is She sold us our house and is awesome!

Tidal Creek homes are more of what you would see in DT Charleston, they are 3 story very nice homes. As far as the lot sizes, they are tight together. I would say though this area probably has the largest lots of all 3 communities. The community is only 2 years old and is growing rapidly, even in the tough economic times that we all see.

Marsh grove and Sweetwater again the lots are small in relation to the size of the homes. We are in the sweetwater side and are very close to neighbors. I really dont mind, especially since they are both very good!

All the homes work like this, either you have a lake/pond view or a wooded lot. Either way you will NOT have neighbors behind you. Close to you, yes! ...

Sorry if this is vague, i'm at work and can't think of everything at the moment. If you have more questions, I'm sure i can answer them for you!

Last edited by pokrplr; 03-17-2009 at 02:59 PM..

Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
I know how that email thing works, so please call Sarah Murray (843) 761-4410. Tell her that her FAVORITE NY Yankee Fan resident sent you this info, she'll know who it is She sold us our house and is awesome!
Be careful Bill, she may charge you double for a home. lol

Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 AM

LOL.. Guess I shouldn't tell her we're Red Sox fans..

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiam85 View Post
LOL.. Guess I shouldn't tell her we're Red Sox fans..

Thanks for the info.
That would be in your best interest, she's a sox fan

Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 PM

547 posts, read 1,196,610 times
Firstcoast has some nice homes in there as well...

Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 PM

Firstcoast is nice, no ammenities yet though. Think it may be a while

Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 AM

From their site, it seems like the houses are more expensive then Centex's homes.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Different prices -- probably different product. You have to see a finished home of a builder to be able to understand what their product is in that price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area