Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,209,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyonthelake View Post
So, maybe you should take your own advice? Or, do you not have anything better to do?
Luv, I'm not lamenting the fact that I don't fit in. You started this topic and asked for opinions so I gave you one. If you are not prepared for the answer then don't ask the question. Oh BTW, I didn't mention any names.

Your attempts to blame your social issues on the cretins who live in Charlotte because they lack the ability to appreciate someone with your talents simply doesn't make any sense. You jumped to the conclusion that because the the few people you have interacted with, don't like you, that something wrong the the entire city. i.e. Charlotte is too conformist. It's a laughable statement at best. It's also a very sad statement on the delusions that people carry around in their minds.

It's your point to make the people of Charlotte are defective in this manner, yet you have not offered up anything plausible that would prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM

299 posts, read 589,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Luv, I'm not lamenting the fact that I don't fit in. You started this topic and asked for opinions so I gave you one. If you are not prepared for the answer then don't ask the question. Oh BTW, I didn't mention any names.

Your attempts to blame your social issues on the cretins who live in Charlotte because they lack the ability to appreciate someone with your talents simply doesn't make any sense. You jumped to the conclusion that because the the few people you have interacted with, don't like you, that something wrong the the entire city. i.e. Charlotte is too conformist. It's a laughable statement at best. It's also a very sad statement on the delusions that people carry around in their minds.

It's your point to make the people of Charlotte are defective in this manner, yet you have not offered up anything plausible that would prove it.
That's funny...from the amount of pms I've received lamenting the fact that you're still here maybe you should take a look at whether you fit in....luv.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,056 times
Quote:
Let your freak flag fly
That is a lyric from a Crosby, Stills and Nash tune from the 70s.

New Orleans or Austin, without a doubt has more of that than anywhere I've lived in the past decades...

Onward through the fog.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,056 times
Quote:
That's funny...from the amount of pms I've received lamenting the fact that you're still here maybe you should take a look at whether you fit in....luv.

Lets see some of those PMs.

Prove it.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM

81 posts, read 177,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I was stating my opinion on the whole idea and not singling anyone out. I don't know why that's "inappropriate and offensive".

You taking your small anecdotal evidence based on a handful of people in an MSA of MILLIONS and applying it to ALL OF US is offensive to me...
Well in general that was my experience there so i'm not going to apologize for my opinion. However, as I stated in my post, I am not saying that everyone in the Charlotte area is/was like that so you twisting my words and saying that I applied my experience to EVERYONE in the Charlotte area is in fact not correct. I still have family and some great friends in Charlotte so obviously I am not dissing everyone but in general my opinion still stands.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
That is a lyric from a Crosby, Stills and Nash tune from the 70s.

New Orleans or Austin, without a doubt has more of that than anywhere I've lived in the past decades...

Onward through the fog.

20 points for being the first one to get the reference
Love New Orleans....love to go to Austin, I've heard great things.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
The irony is you're proving the point that it's not a Charlotte issue with this statement... People tied to the Charlotte metro are sending you empathy which goes completely against all the whining you're doing about the handful of people you met IRL in Charlotte that "don't get you".

Since the "lumbollo attitude" is dwarfed by the response against him, the issue isn't the area... Your judgment and blame are obviously misplaced.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Lets see some of those PMs.

Prove it.

And the P in the PM stands for....?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
The irony is you're proving the point that it's not a Charlotte issue with this statement... People tied to the Charlotte metro are sending you empathy which goes completely against all the whining you're doing about the handful of people you met IRL in Charlotte that "don't get you".

Since the "lumbollo attitude" is dwarfed by the response against him, the issue isn't the area... Your judgment and blame are obviously misplaced.

And I've thanked them for their empathy both on here and in their pms.
There is no irony. Lumbollo just doesn't like my take and is reacting against it. I just won't sit down and take it. I'm sorry if that offends you.
I'm new to this forum so don't know all the relationships that have been developed. I didn't come here to complain, as I've stated over and over...I came here to hear other people's stories. I've gotten some stories (THANK YOU to those who've responded) but I've also gotten static and been attacked for not drinking the koolaid. That kinds makes me feel like my original point has been proven

Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,133,288 times
Quote:
And I've thanked them for their empathy both on here and in their pms.
There is no irony. Lumbollo just doesn't like my take and is reacting against it. I just won't sit down and take it. I'm sorry if that offends you.
I'm new to this forum so don't know all the relationships that have been developed. I didn't come here to complain, as I've stated over and over...I came here to hear other people's stories. I've gotten some stories (THANK YOU to those who've responded) but I've also gotten static and been attacked for not drinking the koolaid. That kinds makes me feel like my original point has been proven
lol! I JUST sent you a PM with almost the same sentence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte