Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 PM

365 posts, read 499,162 times

Advertisements

I think Carolina should bring in another pass catching tight end next season. In 2011 Carolina had Jeremy Shockey along with Greg Olsen and the offense was by far more explosive then than now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 05:44 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Balance is the reason the Panthers are the #2 seed. Its not how many points you score..its when you score them and this team is scoring when they need it. Best thing you can have is a great D.

I will take a suspect offense and a great D over the opposite every time... that gets you 12-4.

...and 5 INT's is called choking.
I hear watch you're saying, but consider this. What if San Fran is the Panther's first game (which is extremely likely). Do you really expect the Panthers to beat San Fran again with a 10 point effort? What if New Orleans returns to Charlotte for the NFC Championship game (another possible scenario if NO wins twice and the Panthers win their first). I don't think the Panthers can expect another "rain bowl" to hold back Drew Brees.

All I'm saying is that there are some high-power offenses in the NFC this year (and the AFC as well). The Panthers (at some point) will need to survive a shootout. I don't expect the Panthers to hold every playoff opponent to 20 points or less.

Then again, this is where Cam can be the difference maker. When Cam is excited, he tends to over-throw the ball. We saw this a lot during the Atl game. However, Cam can keep a drive alive with his feet. IMO, Cam will need to balance his throws and runs well in the playoffs. Also, I'd like to see the Panthers control the tempo of the game by using Tolbert more from start to finish. In the playoffs, you can't go wrong with time-consuming run-based drives and a killer defense.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
I expect the Panthers to score more than their opponent. Saints aren't a highpowered team on the road. They will probably lose next week.

San Fran isnt a high scoring team when you get pressure on Kap...

This Carolina D is the truth.... I have more faith in this D than I do in the otherteams offenses.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:26 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
What do we think of the Panthers chances Sunday? All the lines have the game within a field goal. If Cam stays clean, the D will keep them in the game.

Props to the NFL for last weekend - they put good product out there. Hope this weekend is as entertaining.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:49 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
What do we think of the Panthers chances Sunday? All the lines have the game within a field goal. If Cam stays clean, the D will keep them in the game.

Props to the NFL for last weekend - they put good product out there. Hope this weekend is as entertaining.
It will be within a score. Carolina's defense will keep it close. Carolina wins if they run the ball.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:05 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It will be within a score. Carolina's defense will keep it close. Carolina wins if they run the ball.
That's what they drafted for but not sure the D can keep it close for 4 quarters with Crabtree, Davis and Boldin in the mix and the secondary being the weakest link. It'll take a solid pass rush to thwart SF's much more skilled and adept receiving corps.

Hopefully Steve Smith is healthy enough to play and can get separation since he's the most reliable receiver other than the tight end Olson. QB play will determine the winner of this game, both teams have solid defenses so there will be tremendous pressure from the front lines. Cam has a tendency to be excitable during the early parts of the game (high throws) and plays better as the game progresses once he calms down. Cam will be key to victory if the Panthers do indeed win the game (legs and arm). Don't think I didn't note the "run the ball" slight at QB play or Cam, you should give it a break and give credit where credit is due...it's been 3 years, give it up.

Basically I think the Panthers need 20+ points to win this game and not sure if the offense gets there with the aged and unreliable receiving corps (inability to get separation). Gonna need the D to create 1-2 turnovers with short field (7-10 pts). However JStew is scheduled to play so look for screen plays to be key and a major role.

Congrats to FSU by the way.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 01-11-2014 at 06:13 AM..

Old 01-11-2014, 07:47 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
That's what they drafted for but not sure the D can keep it close for 4 quarters with Crabtree, Davis and Boldin in the mix and the secondary being the weakest link. It'll take a solid pass rush to thwart SF's much more skilled and adept receiving corps.

Hopefully Steve Smith is healthy enough to play and can get separation since he's the most reliable receiver other than the tight end Olson. QB play will determine the winner of this game, both teams have solid defenses so there will be tremendous pressure from the front lines. Cam has a tendency to be excitable during the early parts of the game (high throws) and plays better as the game progresses once he calms down. Cam will be key to victory if the Panthers do indeed win the game (legs and arm). Don't think I didn't note the "run the ball" slight at QB play or Cam, you should give it a break and give credit where credit is due...it's been 3 years, give it up.

Basically I think the Panthers need 20+ points to win this game and not sure if the offense gets there with the aged and unreliable receiving corps (inability to get separation). Gonna need the D to create 1-2 turnovers with short field (7-10 pts). However JStew is scheduled to play so look for screen plays to be key and a major role.

Congrats to FSU by the way.
Good luck today Carolina! Worst possible matchup you could have gotten of the four teams. But two good defenses ...classic playoff football game..should be a good one.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
If I'm the OC I call a few designed QB runs early on just to settle Cam down a bit but to also slow down their pass rush defense some. Our offense is substantially better when the threat of the QB run exists (because he actually ran a few times). If Cam rushes less than 8 times in the game we are in serious trouble.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
If I'm the OC I call a few designed QB runs early on just to settle Cam down a bit but to also slow down their pass rush defense some. Our offense is substantially better when the threat of the QB run exists (because he actually ran a few times). If Cam rushes less than 8 times in the game we are in serious trouble.
Cam needs 8 to 10 rushes but they dont have to be designed runs... Cam has been slow to run from the pocket on pass plays when protection breaks down. He needs to to tuck and run to extend drives.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Good luck today Carolina! Worst possible matchup you could have gotten of the four teams. But two good defenses ...classic playoff football game..should be a good one.
I think San Fran is over hyped... this Carolina team is going to put on a show tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte