Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:47 AM

209 posts, read 462,511 times

Advertisements

Southpark continues to be a hot spot for young professionals. According to the following link, more nightlife/entertainment options, apartments/condos and businesses are coming... in even taller buildings.

23,000 sq feet of new retail, and 80,000 square feet of new Class A office space.

SunTrust is relocating the regional headquarters to a new development being constructed in the Whole Foods development, called Shanon Square. The developers also developed the Metropolitan in Midtown Charlotte, Phillips Place, and Burkdale Village.

"Sharon Square

This new community joins the glittering landscape of SouthPark, one of the leading commercial districts in the Carolinas, and the one that is quickly emerging as an equal in purchasing volume and demographics to upscale retail districts in Atlanta & Wash, D.C.

http://www.pappasproperties.com/pdf/SharonSquare.pdf
"

Sounds like a Buckhead being born in Charlotte to me.

Imagining SouthPark area’s future: Taller buildings, more nightlife | CharlotteObserver.com

Last edited by georgia2012; 06-12-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 AM

189 posts, read 334,137 times
I wish the future detailed a spur of light rail or a street car that'd run down Tyvola and connect with the blue line. Having that connectivity would make South Park's future even brighter IMO.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM

533 posts, read 937,187 times
The "builders" aka land developers, which are Pappas Properties, also developed Berewick - which is still missing 90% of the content promised....and this was 7 years ago.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:57 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,403,553 times
No thank you on Highrises in SouthPark & pass on nightlife in SouthPark.

I just wanna throw up at the thought of skyscrapers in SouthPark.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandguy811 View Post
I wish the future detailed a spur of light rail or a street car that'd run down Tyvola and connect with the blue line. Having that connectivity would make South Park's future even brighter IMO.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloante74 View Post
The "builders" aka land developers, which are Pappas Properties, also developed Berewick - which is still missing 90% of the content promised....and this was 7 years ago.
Construction has already started on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
No thank you on Highrises in SouthPark & pass on nightlife in SouthPark.

I just wanna throw up at the thought of skyscrapers in SouthPark.
Grab your trashcan... we all know they're coming soon enough. Why don't you want skyscrapers and nightlife in SouthPark?

Last edited by georgia2012; 06-12-2013 at 07:26 AM..

Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 AM

533 posts, read 937,187 times
I have lived in Berewick for 6 years. Pappas is the same for both. The area is getting outlet malls, but that's a completely different development. Just wanting to keep Pappas accountable. Yes, they "sell" a lot of good stuff on paper, but what takes place is not always the case. In Berewick's case, Pappas simply made a bad investment.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM

Berewick is much larger than Shannon Square.After looking at the master plan for Berewick, it seemed kind of obvious to me all of it wouldn't have gotten built.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:43 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,403,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia2012 View Post
I agree.

Construction has already started on this.

Grab your trashcan... we all know they're coming soon enough. Why don't you want skyscrapers and nightlife in SouthPark?

Yeah, so is light rail to Rock Hill

Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,203,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia2012 View Post
Berewick is much larger than Shannon Square.After looking at the master plan for Berewick, it seemed kind of obvious to me all of it wouldn't have gotten built.
I wouldn't be so sure. Village of Selkirk Is about to start and Inverness will be completed this year too. They are plugging along.

And Pappas absolutely is involved with the Tanger Outlets along with Childress Klein.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 PM

109 posts, read 200,376 times
South Park is destined for my height and density which I'm thrilled about

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandguy811 View Post
Agreed 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte