Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
I am in the same boat as you. I burn up and the other 1/2 freezes.

We are constantly going behind each other and adjusting the thermostat.

Thank GOD for equal payment plan at Duke Energy...right?
You need a MAN ROOM. Put a window A/C in the MAN ROOM. Then let her turn off the central A/C - just stay chilled out in your MAN ROOM!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You need a MAN ROOM. Put a window A/C in the MAN ROOM. Then let her turn off the central A/C - just stay chilled out in your MAN ROOM!!!!!!
Yes, a "man room" is all the rage now I would definitely look into having one of those and buying a little window unit!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
isn't the man room the garage? Or have y'all taken over that now too

Old 02-12-2008, 01:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
I live in a Loft Uptown...there is NO room for a man room, woman room, cat room, party room...or any other type of room...but would have it any other way!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
isn't the man room the garage? Or have y'all taken over that now too
HEE HEE. Well some men make the garage into a man room, but lately, I have been seeing guest rooms being made into the MAN ROOM.

Take out the bed (or use a futon or day bed if the room will still be a sometimes guest room) set up TV/VCR/STEREO, put a little dorm size fridge in there . . . nice comfy chair. . . and voila!!! MAN ROOM

Women like it cause it gets the Barca Lounger out of the family room.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I live in a Loft Uptown...there is NO room for a man room, woman room, cat room, party room...or any other type of room...but would have it any other way!
Well then you are just stuck w/ a block of ice in the bathtub, 7 oh 4.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,489,417 times
Quote:
Oh - I love Ginkgos!!!! They were very prevalent in Kansas City (one variety). You are gonna be busy, Em. This clay is - well - clay and sometimes like a brick.

And no . . . I don't fan myself. When I get hot, I take a sheet, soak it in the bathtub and wrap up in it in front of a fan. (But dear lord - don't make me live w/o the A/C!!!!)

And that would be Sweetened Ice Tea in my hand b/f 5 pm and a G&T w/ a twist after 5 pm, Hee Hee.
I had a sneeking suspicion that you'd go for the tea rather than the lemonade. One of the great things about this area is how much more "gardening season" you have. More is always better! I have all my seed catalogs to peruse with dreams of a new spring paradise. A couple of years before I moved here, I planted Castor Oil plants in my backyard and they gave it such a "tropical look". I'm going to try them down here after more soil preparation. The nice thing is that they are so toxic that the aphids and Japanese beetles would take a "bite" and end up in bug heaven. Too bad roses didn't contain the ricin like them. I planted "Profusion" Zinnias last year that bloomed till early November. I also am going to try the "Dreamland" series. Marigolds didn't turn out all well and it will be some time before my soil prep is complete enough to duplicate my juicy "Jersey Tomatoes" success. I'm glad you like Ginkgos, they pre-date Tyrannosauruses . I also grew Cannas from seed and am hoping they will come up again when the weather gets warmer. The Easter freeze did a job on my Crape Myrtles and I'm hoping for a better year for them. If I knew what was going to happen to them last year, I would have stayed up all night with a blanket and hair dryer for them. Live and Learn!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
Well then you are just stuck w/ a block of ice in the bathtub, 7 oh 4.
The good thing about living Uptown...there always seems to be a breeze. They say the buildings create it...what do you think?

A block of ice in the bath tub doesn't sound to bad on a HOT July/August day...have a big Garden jacuzzi tub for -2-

Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,489,417 times
Quote:
The solution is to win the PowerBall Lottery so you can get a house with a "man" wing and a "woman" wing!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
The good thing about living Uptown...there always seems to be a breeze. They say the buildings create it...what do you think?

A block of ice in the bath tub doesn't sound to bad on a HOT July/August day...have a big Garden jacuzzi tub for -2-
Shoot, 7 oh 4 . . . you had us feeling sorry for you and sounds like to me - you and the missus have got things figured out pretty darn well . . . ya'll can just have a garden party in that jacuzzi, ice float and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte