Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 04:36 PM

309 posts, read 766,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Town Feel View Post
Some of the WC residents will get to stay if they so choose to. This grandfathering is much more comprehensive than the last one with an added sibling policy. Apparently the WC residents that wanted to go back to Marvin were pretty vocal about it?
I’d love to “choose” grandfathering and keep my child in Weddington, alas we both work so my child will be on a bus to Marvin. If some families can take advantage of grandfathering and minimize the disruption for their children, great. Personally, I call shenanigans on grandfathering. Sounds good in theory, but there are probably not as many who can truly make it work — high schoolers who already drive and have access to a car, families fortunate enough to have a SAH parent who is willing to commit to many years of schlepping their kid(s) to and from school, etc. You know, more of those economically privileged people. Grandfathering is A shiny thing the BOE can dangle in front of the masses to make themselves look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 05:39 PM

43 posts, read 30,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somersmom View Post
I’d love to “choose” grandfathering and keep my child in Weddington, alas we both work so my child will be on a bus to Marvin. If some families can take advantage of grandfathering and minimize the disruption for their children, great. Personally, I call shenanigans on grandfathering. Sounds good in theory, but there are probably not as many who can truly make it work — high schoolers who already drive and have access to a car, families fortunate enough to have a SAH parent who is willing to commit to many years of schlepping their kid(s) to and from school, etc. You know, more of those economically privileged people. Grandfathering is A shiny thing the BOE can dangle in front of the masses to make themselves look good.
Somers, i personally do not want to see kids upset and i am sure its stressful for child and parent that if this redistricting didnt work out for them could cause heartache. I do not know what community you live in, but if it didnt work out for you, my condolences. No redistricting is perfect and there will be people unhappy from the fallout. Every families situation is different. If you go back and read my posts, it was not so much that i was an advocate of this redistricting. As i stated prior, it didnt affect me. This time nor last time. My personal beef if you will is directed to people like Mikey, Bubba, and Logical. 4 years ago, they were basking in their glory. Strutting like peacocks. They actually enjoyed the suffering people were going thru. They would proclaim that groups like CAPS and United to stop whining....get over it....to bad for you. They also proclaimed that the 2014 redistricting was the greatest thing and nothing would change....Now there is egg all over their faces. They present themselves as so called experts, yet basically every one of their predictions turned out WRONG. Instead of admitting they got it wrong, they will explain it away with conspiracy theories and these nefarious secret groups conspiring to brainwash people for their vote.
I hope everything works out for your kids, good luck

Old 03-15-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
The point of your continuous posting that nobody has a right to care or complain because you could "care less". It's like that old saying about arseholes and opinions... everyone has one.

As much as you and the mouth diarrhea from WO have opinions about what Milbridge residents should be able to complain about, it doesn't change their right to do it. Many of us, including those against the redistricting last time, thought CAPS should shut the $#@! up - but they didn't.

In the end, you both just end up sounding petty.
Even tho this wasnt directed at me, i had to at least weigh in. Not cool Mikeyboy, You present as such the intellectual and the self proclaimed voice of everything UC BOE, yet you resort to name calling?
What’s the issue Mikey, somebody disagrees with you, who may have a differing opinion and you try to shut them down with insults. Pretty immature if you ask me

Old 03-15-2018, 06:04 PM

549 posts, read 680,198 times
Quote:
Some of the WC residents will get to stay if they so choose to. This grandfathering is much more comprehensive than the last one with an added sibling policy. Apparently the WC residents that wanted to go back to Marvin were pretty vocal about it. Split neighborhood for MB? So now we take land that has not been touched in 5 yrs, and may not be touched for another 5, 10, 15 yrs, but seats should just be reserved for whenever those houses get built....seriously? Would it have been better to just assign all of MB to Parkwood, is that a better solution?
You do realize only if they can drive themselves? So grandfathering does not make moving kids that shouldn’t be moved ok.

Also, by the time the houses in Millbridge get built, a lot of kids in the earliest phase of Millbridge will be aging out. So, I frankly don’t see the point to Heintel’s splitting Millbridge.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:10 PM

631 posts, read 892,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
I must have struck a nerve........

Weddington Chase is a ping pong ball. Millbridge was split up; so much for the theory neighborhood schools. Highgate was WES, Antioch, and almost Rea View this time. I have no clue what's going on with Providence Road neighborhoods in Waxhaw. Closest school? Not even close. And poor Wesley Oaks. They were ground zero in 2014, so I'm sure they were anxious to get back to their neighborhood school. Isn't that why they all voted and campaigned for Heintel, Maher, and Rape? (I bet they are proud of Denny.) So to "right the wrong" and get them back to their neighborhood school the BOE moved them back to Cutty. I'm sure everyone is now very hap……. Oh wait a minute. They got moved to Weddington. This is so confusing. Where was the outrage this time? They didn't get to go back to their neighborhood school. So the BOE created two wrongs instead of making a right. Strange. Do you suppose property values are higher in the Weddington Cluster than the Cuthbertson Cluster? I don't want to make any more bad predictions.

As I said before, this BOE acted just like the last BOE. They just put prettier bows on their work.
Quote:
As i stated prior, it didnt affect me. This time nor last time. My personal beef if you will is directed to people like Mikey, Bubba, and Logical. 4 years ago, they were basking in their glory. Strutting like peacocks. They actually enjoyed the suffering people were going thru. They would proclaim that groups like CAPS and United to stop whining....get over it....to bad for you. They also proclaimed that the 2014 redistricting was the greatest thing and nothing would change....Now there is egg all over their faces. They present themselves as so called experts, yet basically every one of their predictions turned out WRONG. Instead of admitting they got it wrong, they will explain it away with conspiracy theories and these nefarious secret groups conspiring to brainwash people for their vote.
I hope everything works out for your kids, good luck
I just checked in the mirror - no egg.

You have no clue what you are talking about. We didn't think the last redistricting was the greatest thing. Far from it. Something should have been done, yes, but not as big as they went. I thought for sure they would have adjusted those numbers down. It was crazy. Add in Savage and Hodges dropping the ball by not having any modifications to the plan when the vote came up. Had that BOE moved fewer kids this current fiasco might have been delayed. But you know better, the fix was in after that election come hell or high water, the crisis actors needed to be avenged.

So which one of my facts above are you calling a conspiracy? The BOE violated so many of their criteria, it's a complete joke. Natural Boundaries, Split Neighborhoods, Closest Schools, Least Number of Kids Impacted, and so on. Did you hear Heintel during the meeting say she went and drove the distances for two hoods that morning, one was "only about 4 minutes longer" and she STILL voted to have them drive that extra time. And I'd love an explanation from WO. The only single neighborhood split from Cutty that didn't go to PW. Now they still aren't with their friends. How do any of these things "right a wrong?"

As I said before, this BOE acted just like the last BOE.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
You do realize only if they can drive themselves? So grandfathering does not make moving kids that shouldn’t be moved ok.

Also, by the time the houses in Millbridge get built, a lot of kids in the earliest phase of Millbridge will be aging out. So, I frankly don’t see the point to Heintel’s splitting Millbridge.
Plenty of kids that shouldnt have been moved in 2014, that didnt seem to bother you then Bubba. Now its wrong?

Those “potential” houses in MB may never be built. You cant say the earliest houses in MB will be aged out....what happens when the current owners sell to buyers with young kids? Those kids arent going to Cutty schools? Of course they are. You were whining on here earlier that Parkwood is gutted. You should be happy that you will have a future population base. On one hand you whine and moan when people get moved away from PW, now you seem to be whining and moaning when people are possibly assigned to PW....Which is it Bubba? ...You seem to have lost a bit of hop in that strut of yours, LOL

Old 03-15-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
I just checked in the mirror - no egg.

You have no clue what you are talking about. We didn't think the last redistricting was the greatest thing. Far from it. Something should have been done, yes, but not as big as they went. I thought for sure they would have adjusted those numbers down. It was crazy. Add in Savage and Hodges dropping the ball by not having any modifications to the plan when the vote came up. Had that BOE moved fewer kids this current fiasco might have been delayed. But you know better, the fix was in after that election come hell or high water, the crisis actors needed to be avenged.

So which one of my facts above are you calling a conspiracy? The BOE violated so many of their criteria, it's a complete joke. Natural Boundaries, Split Neighborhoods, Closest Schools, Least Number of Kids Impacted, and so on. Did you hear Heintel during the meeting say she went and drove the distances for two hoods that morning, one was "only about 4 minutes longer" and she STILL voted to have them drive that extra time. And I'd love an explanation from WO. The only single neighborhood split from Cutty that didn't go to PW. Now they still aren't with their friends. How do any of these things "right a wrong?"

As I said before, this BOE acted just like the last BOE.
Right on cue, throw out the conspiracy theories....you are such an easy read Logical
There must have been a “fix” in....one big conspiracy
No joke Logical, no conspiracy....remind me again, what was the vote for this redistricting? Keep me honest, 8-1...You call out Heintel, but what about the other 7 “jokers”, were they in on the “fix” too? What about all the amendments that OBVERWHELMINGLY passed? It wasnt like there were many, if any 5-4 votes now, were there? Most of the amended votes passed 9-0, 8-1, 7-2....Hell of a fix, dont you think?....Better keep wiping Logical, or should i just address you as “Omlettehead” going forward, LOL

Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Plenty of kids that shouldnt have been moved in 2014, that didnt seem to bother you then Bubba. Now its wrong?

Those “potential” houses in MB may never be built. You cant say the earliest houses in MB will be aged out....what happens when the current owners sell to buyers with young kids? Those kids arent going to Cutty schools? Of course they are. You were whining on here earlier that Parkwood is gutted. You should be happy that you will have a future population base. On one hand you whine and moan when people get moved away from PW, now you seem to be whining and moaning when people are possibly assigned to PW....Which is it Bubba? ...You seem to have lost a bit of hop in that strut of yours, LOL
Why don’t you just head on back over to your United? Frankly, the rest of us don’t think moving kids around is a sport. We get that you want to gloat about your neighborhood being a wiinner in the Henitel/May rearrangement of our kids that will resegregate our schools. Frankly, we don’t care.

And I think you might be a little delusional about others people’s views about the last redistricting. We get that you think this is revenge for being moved in the last redistricting. I hope now that you guys got your revenge, our county can move on and focus on educating our children not on Wesley Chapel property values.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Right on cue, throw out the conspiracy theories....you are such an easy read Logical
No joke Logical, no conspiracy....remind me again, what was the vote for this redistricting? Keep me honest, 8-1...You call out Heintel, but what about the other 7 “jokers”, were they in on the “fix” too? What about all the amendments that OBVERWHELMINGLY passed? It wasnt like there were many, if any 5-4 votes now, were there? Most of the amended votes passed 9-0, 8-1, 7-2....Hell of a fix, dont you think?....Better keep wiping Logical, or should i just address you as “Omlettehead” going forward, LOL
The whole thing was the Heintel plan. The members of the majority were all assigned a change to suggest. It was especially obvious when Merrell and Heintel wanted to read back through the changes because Merrell felt like something had been forgotten. I heard Gary is in the dog house for not making his assigned motion to move Weeddington Chase because it forced Heintel to make the motion herself. Good job, Gary!

Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 PM

5,453 posts, read 6,044,216 times
Quote:
The previous redistricting was an 8-1 vote also, and it was labeled a conspiracy then, just ask CAPS members. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte