Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:40 AM

255 posts, read 885,744 times

Advertisements

In a nutshell 485. Everyone on the planet is going SE it seems at 5PM. 77/485/Pineville is the bottleneck (as we all know).

You can access Fort Mill/Tega straight down 77, don't even have to mess with the belt. Yeah you might slow here and there leaving town, but at least your moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 4,248 times
Tega Cay is a GREAT family town, everybody seems to know everybody, lots of community events especially 4th of July, Fort Mill schools are great, which is where Tega Cay residents are yielded, houses are very modest in Tega Cay as well. Lots of little parks all over and lake access! Also Lake Wylie is a very nice community...

Old 10-25-2008, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,423 times
I have read what everyone has told you and all are good advise. But remember you ask for what I can see work in a bank and by your req you might be in middle to upper management. Take advantage of the resources at hand within your bank mortgage dept and study their market evaluation for that area. That will give you a better idea on were to start.

But I don't think that you will get the 6% a yr for a while yet. I would consider iether a longer time or lower your expectation on the market.

Good Luck

Ralphi

Old 10-25-2008, 06:38 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,759 times
28277 has really great schools and great resale and is closer in. If you go with Waxhaw, you are going further out which means longer commute. You still have good schools but you are further away from all the "activity" (restaurants etc in ballantyne). Resale is not as good as there are mostly new houses out there so there is a lot of competition.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 PM

168 posts, read 481,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl34 View Post
I'm not good with directions so not surprisingly this one confuses me. How is SE Charlotte a tougher commute than Fort Mill?
I might be opening a "can of worms" but what about discussing or considering the cultural differences, everyone is concerned about the house/land they will purchase and $$$. That is not the whole picture.
Relocating is a long hard emotional journey.
I love living here, and I am happy. But it is an adjustment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte