Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
Yep. In fact one of the suspects has been arrested as a result of a police chase twice before, in Charlotte, and both were also for stolen vehciles, among other things. Both previous charges were dismissed/dropped by our lovely County Courts.
Help me understand why this stuff gets "dropped." I must be dense, but I don't get it. ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 08:29 PM

373 posts, read 1,472,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Help me understand why this stuff gets "dropped." I must be dense, but I don't get it. ????
I wish I knew. I do agree that it seems to be the court system failing and perhaps not so much the police. Honestly, it must be very frustrating to be a police officer in this town, knowing that any hard work you do to keep the community safe is for nothing because the courts will just let them out. I would think that mentally, after a while, why would you care anymore?

While I don't particularly care for Chief Stevens (sp?) if the judge says "Let 'em go" he doesn't really have a choice.

If you figure it out, please clue us all in, the only one's "getting it right now are the perps".

Old 04-10-2008, 08:30 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
We can buy you a wading pool...
lol.....my dog wold love that. i had to throw his last one away.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Maybe we should take a cue from South Africa...
The Raw Story | South African cops told to shoot to kill (http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/South_African_cops_told_to_shoot_to_04102008.html - broken link)

Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrusselsSprouts View Post
I caught the thief while taking things from the house. He made it clear to me that I had better get out of his way, and that the things he was carrying now belonged to him. He backed out of the driveway (after loading his car) across the lawn. I had a great description of him, his car, the license plate, etc. I spent every day for the next two weeks getting the police to go look for this rat.

My mistake was this: I let him go. If this ever happens again, I will not let the rat go, no matter what it takes. There is no such thing as "just" a robbery, or "just" a car theft. It takes a little of your freedom away, makes you look over your shoulder, makes you spend tons of money on security systems to defeat the rats, etc. whether you want it to or not, whether you admit it or not. One last thing, these are NOT "kids" or "children". They are criminals, and need to be treated as criminals, regardless of age. I see someone wants to spank them...ok by me as long as it's with a two by four. Personally, I regard them as more than criminals--I believe they are Urban and Sub-urban terrorists, and just as with every terrorist, I don't really give a damn what happens to them, or even why they do what they do.

If you don't like this post, or think it's too rough, try sleeping when you wonder if the rat will come back to your house, or makes you a vicitm of ID theft, and all the crap you have to go through to fix or prevent it.

As for whether or not it's right or wrong to take action against a thief, I believe this: Everything on this earth is owned by someone...you can acquire things with the owners permission, often by borrowing or buying. If you attempt to take something without permission, you risk a confrontation with the owner, and if in that confrontation you get hurt, or even worse, it's your own fault.
I tried to give you rep points, but I must have done it too recently. Dirty rats!!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I tried to give you rep points, but I must have done it too recently. Dirty rats!!
I upped your rep points BS.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

You are right. These thugs are terrorists. I think your designation of "suburban terrorist" is quite apt.
Well, technically, they're not terrorists as terrorism is defined, but I certainly think they should be prosecuted by the same standards. This goes for all gang related activities as well.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I upped your rep points BS.
Thank ya kind sir! (or ma'am? )

Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Thank ya kind sir! (or ma'am? )
Let me check, opens zipper... yup still a guy.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Turn on the news...they're announcing an arrest in the 92 year old lady's murder!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte