Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 08:16 PM

314 posts, read 1,136,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwally View Post
Again, I'm not worried. I've lived here for 3 years and they have never sold houses as fast as they have been in these past few months. Even today, more Sold Sold Sold. I think that is a good thing! All I want is for ALL neighbors to treat each other kindly..... I have tried to make that point over and over, but in turn I've gotten snippy remarks about why I am "on that side". I'm not on anyone's side. I just want everyone to be respectable and respected.
I've mostly abstained from getting into any dialog about this issue because it gets me very angry, and I'm afraid that I'll say something I might regret later. I also don't have anything constructive to say, so anything I did say probably wouldn't help the situation.

Here's the problem with your wanting everyone to be respectful and why you're getting an ear full because of it. One side is doing something that they feel is right, however misguided that is, and the other side feels they are being hurt by those actions. The actions don't hurt them right now at this moment perhaps, but they feel that there is a very good chance it will hurt them in the future.
To use an analogy (admittedly one of the weakest forms of argument) it would be like someone tossing lit cigarettes on their lawn and playing with fire on their lawn on a really dry day. They're on their property and within their rights to do so, but by doing so, you know that one day the grass is going to catch fire and burn into your yard. That fire could damage your lawn a little bit or it could spread and take your whole house down. You try telling them to stop playing with fire on the dry grass by your yard (or at all) and they keep saying that they can do it and there's nothing you can do about it. That keeps going and escalates, then someone comes along and says "Hey, be respectful of your neighbors, he hasn't burned your lawn or house down yet, you should be nice to him." Don't you think you might be a little defensive to that person? Perhaps even think they're taking the side of the neighbors playing with fire?

I know you are just voicing your opinion that everyone should be cool and play nice, but when one side holds all the power, that's probably not going to happen. Unfortunately, the sign people think Centex holds the power and they're throwing their little tantrum, the rest of the people voicing against them think that the sign people have all the power, so they're throwing their own little tantrum. By getting in the middle of that in any way, you can't be surprised by some backlash.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:53 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl116 View Post
Ask Kim at Centex about the pool or HOA. They don't know if they are going to open it up next summer or not. Centex can do whatever they want and they have even said if they don't sell enough homes and decided to pull out the HOA goes to the homeowners which means we won't have enough funding to open the pool, maintain the neighborhood etc. The reason for lifeguards as it lowers the insurance cost which is why they have them. SOOOO for those with signs calling the news, drawing negative attention to sales, it affects us all if homes don't sell....... THOSE SIGNS NEED TO COME DOWN PERIOD
This is true. If the builder feels they are loosing money on the development, they can pull out, at which time the HOA is handed over to the homeowners. The builder stops contributing to the HOA budget and the homeowners have to make up the difference or cut expenses (pool maintenance, landscaping, etc..) since the current HOA dues are fighured on a set out with each home contributing. So either dues go up or ammenities go away.

Also, you are correct about the insurance and lifeguards. You may not even be able to get insurance with out them. In which case, if someone gets hurt, they sue the HOA (also known as all of the homeowners).

Old 10-04-2010, 04:42 PM

20 posts, read 30,567 times
What is going to be hilarious is when centex makes you pay for your for sale sign that must be purchased through the HOA soon to be required by the HOA requiring a realtor and actual phone number listed on the sign. (thanks to all you protestors) So for 100.00 you get to have a stupid sign in your yard....Centex is going to win at this game...keep testing them it only hurts our whole neighborhood.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM

539 posts, read 1,498,123 times
Quote:
What is going to be hilarious is when centex makes you pay for your for sale sign that must be purchased through the HOA soon to be required by the HOA requiring a realtor and actual phone number listed on the sign. (thanks to all you protestors) So for 100.00 you get to have a stupid sign in your yard....Centex is going to win at this game...keep testing them it only hurts our whole neighborhood.

Not saying I agree with the folks putting up all the FSBO signs but an HOA can't force you to purchase a sign from them let alone tell you that you have to use a realtor to sell your home.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:29 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Not saying I agree with the folks putting up all the FSBO signs but an HOA can't force you to purchase a sign from them let alone tell you that you have to use a realtor to sell your home.
How do you figure? The CCR for all intents and purposes are the laws for the development.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:

You are wrong, they are going to since Centex is the HOA. They can make any rule they want. They want the signs to look uniform and are going to require you to purchase one from the HOA. It will have to have your phone number and realtor or FSBO on it. Either way you will have to buy it now thanks to those protesting. They are currently working to get this passed.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 PM

539 posts, read 1,498,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
How do you figure? The CCR for all intents and purposes are the laws for the development.
Then this would have to be in the current CCR's. And going by the next post it sounds like it isn't.

Quote:
You are wrong, they are going to since Centex is the HOA. They can make any rule they want. They want the signs to look uniform and are going to require you to purchase one from the HOA. It will have to have your phone number and realtor or FSBO on it. Either way you will have to buy it now thanks to those protesting. They are currently working to get this passed.
Just because Centex is the HOA they can not just change the CCR's top their liking and have to abide by them themselves. If they are looking to change the CCR's they have to get a 75% yes vote by all the homeowners. But Centex as the developer does get 1 vote for each lot they own.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:38 PM

Where are you getting this information? They can pass any regulation they want. Example they just passed allowance of red lava rock in the landscaping. There was no "vote" on this.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM

Another example is the no parking on this side of the street signs that were recently posted...again no vote. Those signs were posted because of that green car that was parking in front of the sales office saying 10 homes for sale. They can change and create any rule until the HOA gets turned over to the homeowners then a "vote" will be necessary.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Then this would have to be in the current CCR's. And going by the next post it sounds like it isn't.

Just because Centex is the HOA they can not just change the CCR's top their liking and have to abide by them themselves. If they are looking to change the CCR's they have to get a 75% yes vote by all the homeowners. But Centex as the developer does get 1 vote for each lot they own.
So they add it... thus making it part of the CCRs. Maybe these sign clowns can whiz them off even more and they'll require lavender siding and hot pink roofs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte