Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 AM

8 posts, read 29,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I have never heard of pet data?

eta:

Have you gotten your pet its rabies vaccine? Did you send in the certificate and get your pets tag?
Yes, she gets vaccinated on schedule with the local vet [Animal Hospital on Monroe]. The first year the vet gave us the tag, and charged for the license, saying they were required to do so. The 2nd year they did not.

We have not responded to Pet Data.
Licensing

PetData - Animal Licensing Made Easy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike View Post
Yes, she gets vaccinated on schedule with the local vet [Animal Hospital on Monroe]. The first year the vet gave us the tag, and charged for the license, saying they were required to do so. The 2nd year they did not.

We have not responded to Pet Data.
Licensing

PetData - Animal Licensing Made Easy

If she is up to date on shots, then why not send in the certificate and get the tag? It looks as though Pet Data is the acting agent for animal control
(they have outsourced this function) so I would suggest replying to them.

I just don't understand why someone wouldn't follow through with this?

Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
5 1/2 years here and I've still not sent the thing in. Nothing has ever happened. My vet doesn't charge me for it, they just give me the form. Since you already paid, why not just send the thing in?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM

8 posts, read 29,386 times
point is Charmeck outsourced all this, originally all that was sent was a postcard to send $$ to some PO Box in Texas....now they have a site up

i don't really have a problem paying a license fee, but why are we paying to support some out of state company, with nothing more than a PO Box, for local pet licenses? it can't be that expensive to keep the mgmt of this with CharMeck Animal Control and/or local vets, and like I said, originally it was handled at the vet's office after vaccination

if it were still handled at the Vet, no issue...but getting a follow-up very generic post card, after the vaccination at the vet, with little info on it requesting I send money to a PO Box, or now use my credit card with some company I have no experience with, I don't find the best use of our tax dollars, or very confidence inspiring....then getting another one stating I may be issued a "citation" and now have a late fee doubling the license is FUD and bs in my opinion

Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Oh I totally understand with the whole outsourcing thing.....
I wonder what would happen if you went to animal control to get the tag, if they would give it to you?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:50 PM

769 posts, read 2,220,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Oh I totally understand with the whole outsourcing thing.....
I wonder what would happen if you went to animal control to get the tag, if they would give it to you?
Yeah, just do this - I did, and they didn't even mention Pet Data at all, just took my money and gave me the license.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:46 PM

98 posts, read 341,961 times
I've lived in Meck Co for 3 years and I had never heard of a license fee until recently...I just got a postcard and phone message. What I don't understand is paying a tax just to have a pet. Honestly, it seems like the county needs money and this is another way to find it. All the Charlotte/Meck Co taxes make me seriously consider moving to Union Co when my lease is up!

Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
If you do not pay the annual license fee you will be given a 50 dollar fine without warning...It happened to me.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:21 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
If you do not pay the annual license fee you will be given a 50 dollar fine without warning...It happened to me.
6 years now and still nothing for me. It would be a waste of their time anyway, because I wouldn't pay the fine either.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:24 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
6 years now and still nothing for me. It would be a waste of their time anyway, because I wouldn't pay the fine either.
Evidently your pet isnt in the system. The animal control cops DO have the power to arrest people and will if you refuse to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte