Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 08:55 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Thanx, Nancy and Bibit! Passing the good wishes on to the happy couple! No wedding dates! Plenty of time to decide about that - they are perpetual students . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Oh Ani how cool! You'll be a Granny soon !!!
LOL! No, gonna have to enjoy everyone else's little bundles of joy for a while. They are saying this is a decision to be made about 10 years from now - and we think that is smart. They have a lot of living to do and foundations to lay b/f deciding on a family.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
With the online announcement made in my thread!

Awesome news!!! I was gonna post Social Distortion's "Ball and Chain" but I'll leave that for some other wedding announcement.
LOL! The kids would love that! Yeah, those wedding invites won't be going out for quite a while . . . but I told DIL-to-be - doesn't mean we can't start celebrating! I say - lots of engagement parties and pre-wedding events for the next year or two!!! LOL!!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
My wife's sister-in-law and her three beautiful children spent the night with us last night.
Her husband is 'retired' from the Air Force, but is still active flying every few months, not exactly sure of the details, and neither is she.
On his last stint he flew equipment to Afghanistan, several runs in two weeks - back and forth.

She was on her way from OH to her mother's house in Pensacola FL for a few weeks.
We only see them a few times a year, so always great to see the cousins play together.

Since we missed church I need something constructive to do, planning on doing a full mini-van (Odyssey) detail.
I only do this twice a year, but a wash/clay/polish/wax on a mini-van is a herculean effort no matter how you look at it...
5-6 hrs.
Thanks for the good wishes, Mullman! And I hope you enjoy detaiing the mini-van. That DOES sound like a laborious task!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:43 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,659 times
Great news ani. Congratulations to both of them. My own sister announced her engagement this week (she has been a widow for 8 years - her husband was killed in a boating accident) and she is getting married next year. DH and I want her to get married in South Africa since the world cup in soccer is on there next year and then we can all go - I know a little bit selfish on our part but it will save us two trips to the other side of the world next year since we are definately going to SA

Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
Great news ani. Congratulations to both of them. My own sister announced her engagement this week (she has been a widow for 8 years - her husband was killed in a boating accident) and she is getting married next year. DH and I want her to get married in South Africa since the world cup in soccer is on there next year and then we can all go - I know a little bit selfish on our part but it will save us two trips to the other side of the world next year since we are definately going to SA
No, I don't think that is selfish at all - makes sense to at least suggest the dates and see if that works out. It is an expensive trip - and even if you get great prices on the tickets - a long and tiring trip. That is wonderful that your sis has found someone to share her life with. My best wishes!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
With the online announcement made in my thread!

Awesome news!!! I was gonna post Social Distortion's "Ball and Chain" but I'll leave that for some other wedding announcement.
Remember I was telling you my BIL used to play in a band. Well they used to play with Social D all the time. So he knows all those guys.

I actually have a personalized autographed photo of Mike Ness. Sent his kids a bunch of (Tony) Hawk Clothing and he sent the photo as a thank you. I have it framed.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:55 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Congrats Anni!

Suggestion: Maybe you should change your screen name now to "Granny Anni" just so people can get accoustomed to it (?).

Naw, let's wait out the rest of the developing story.
je

Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Remember I was telling you my BIL used to play in a band. Well they used to play with Social D all the time. So he knows all those guys.
One of the best moments I've heard from this latest Springsteen tour was when Mike Ness got up onstage with Bruce and the E Street Band for Social Distortion's "Bad Luck".

Raging doesn't describe what happened on that stage during that song....

Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Congrats Anni!

Suggestion: Maybe you should change your screen name now to "Granny Anni" just so people can get accoustomed to it (?).

Naw, let's wait out the rest of the developing story.
je
That's about the last thing these two have on their minds, LOL. They are sitting here reading this right now and saying "no babies for ten years." They have a lot of living b/f they get tied down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte