Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am going to sit on my patio and watch the steeplechase traffic go by and listen to the loud speaker. We sometimes go to this, but we have a beach trip planned soon and I just don't want to get tired out. Hope you all have fun there and all the horses remain healthy.

Steeplechase
I don't blame you - a beach trip is a good trade-off for staying at home and just listening from a distance to the Steeplechase!

It should be a gorgeous day tomorrow . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
no brainer......looking for the nearest cornhole tournament!!! (but secretly hoping for an invite to margaritas and bbq at Emma77's!!)
ROFL!!!

I thought the BBQ and Margaritas sounded good, too, LOL!!!

Have a great weekend, Eman!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Heading over to Goldsboro for the Wings Over Wayne Airshow at Seymour-Johnson AFB.

Wings Over Wayne 2009 | Seymour Johnson AFB | April 25-26, 2009
I hope you will remember to take some pix so we can enjoy them! Hope you have a blast!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:51 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,318,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I may not be in the Carolinas, but I will be heading off to vacation in Prague.
That sounds great!
Prague is one of my favorite cities.

I see you are in Munich.
My cousin, a CLT native, graduated 2nd in his class as UNC-CH (90) and took a job with Coke in Vienna Austria right out of college.
He has since moved on to BMW then MINI in Munich (12 yrs) and is now with Tesla Motors Europa.
He married a lovely girl from Vienna and they have two beautiful daughters and live off Leopoldstrasse.
Munich is so beautiful, especially this time of year!

Viel Spass in Prague!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Hauling mulch & logs from the front yard into the back yard. I'll probably visit a friend's gun store in SC tomorrow. Other than that just work.
Barking - hope you make a lot of headway w/ the mulch. It really does look so nice once its done.

PS. Be careful around those 50 mm "cannons" . .

Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
Not a whole lot, Ani. The biggest thing of note would be volunteering tomorrow for Hands on Charlotte. It has been a while and I wanted to keep up on the volunteer front.

Other than that, who knows?
Now, I should not be surprised that you would be working w/ Hands on Charlotte. Great organization!

I hope things unfold in a surprising (but GOOD) way for you this weekend.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,659,477 times
Heading out in a few moments for the Neighborhood Theater (Molly Hatchet tonight).

Tomorrow, don't know yet. I'd like to go to the Double Door for the first time to see Jimmy Thackery. Or go to a race (opening night at Bowman Gray in W-S). I'm tempted to go just to make an excuse to score some BBQ. The lawn's already cut, the housework's already done, so I have some free time, which is nice.

Anyone got anything that's free/minimum cost (< $5.00)?

Old 04-24-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Heading out in a few moments for the Neighborhood Theater (Molly Hatchet tonight).

Tomorrow, don't know yet. I'd like to go to the Double Door for the first time to see Jimmy Thackery. Or go to a race (opening night at Bowman Gray in W-S). I'm tempted to go just to make an excuse to score some BBQ. The lawn's already cut, the housework's already done, so I have some free time, which is nice.

Anyone got anything that's free/minimum cost (< $5.00)?
Here is a list of music events for Sat and Sun. Not sure about cover charges, but you might want to check this list . . .

Also - Davidson is having Art on the Green, w/ stuff going on Sat and Sun.

Charlotte NC Music Events, Band News & More - 4/22/09 - 4/29/09

Old 04-24-2009, 06:38 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,830,691 times
Bought a couple of plants for our island next to the drive way. All it has is 2 large oaks, Dogwood, 2 Crate Myrtles and an I am not sure what the heck it is yet tree, it's a huge island and not one plant. Since the ticks are officially out DH said he would hit the mulch pile out back for me so I can plant.

Need to choose a paint color for the bonus room as it's primered and ready to go (except the ceiling )

Laundry, housework etc.

Just BBQ'd up some bugers and baked some fries, washed it down with a strawberry daqueri, I even sugared the glass, it was good!

Happy weekend everyone!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Bought a couple of plants for our island next to the drive way. All it has is 2 large oaks, Dogwood, 2 Crate Myrtles and an I am not sure what the heck it is yet tree, it's a huge island and not one plant. Since the ticks are officially out DH said he would hit the mulch pile out back for me so I can plant.

Need to choose a paint color for the bonus room as it's primered and ready to go (except the ceiling )

Laundry, housework etc.

Just BBQ'd up some bugers and baked some fries, washed it down with a strawberry daqueri, I even sugared the glass, it was good!

Happy weekend everyone!

Ohhhh . . . that daiquiri sounds good, LOL. I have been wanting a martini all evening and may go break down and fix one. But the daiquiri sounds like more fun!

Take a pic of the tree/leaves and we will try to identify it for you!

Hope things go well w/ the DIY tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte