Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM

254 posts, read 328,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You owe me an apology for going pretty easy on my mother.
that was right after u called ignorant, uneducated, and do not know how to spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM

841 posts, read 1,431,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
and it is "germane" to the topic for u all to hurl all these insults at me. all of u owe me an apology. "fani"
Being called ignorant isn't an insult because it simply means a lack of knowledge, not an inability to learn it. Several times today I intentionally used "ignorant" and not the abusive "stupid" or "idiot" for that very reason. The latter would be abusive and insulting, but I chose otherwise intentionally.

You instead attack people's mothers and call them racists.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
So, where's the money coming from?

didnt you say we pay too much in taxes. we pay taxes and that money is used to make the wheels turn

Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
that was right after u called ignorant, uneducated, and do not know how to spell

Boy did that one go over your head.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
didnt you say we pay too much in taxes. we pay taxes and that money is used to make the wheels turn

Okay, so you're saying that since there is no money we need to raise everyone's property taxes. Is that what you're getting at?

Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
loves...it's "heavEn", okay? Ain't no "a" after the "v".
that's what I get for trying to type here and work at the same time

Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Being called ignorant isn't an insult because it simply means a lack of knowledge, not an inability to learn it. Several times today I intentionally used "ignorant" and not the abusive "stupid" or "idiot" for that very reason. The latter would be abusive and insulting, but I chose otherwise intentionally.

You instead attack people's mothers and call them racists.
"ignorant" is an insult, u r implying that i havent learned, therefore suggesting that i am stupid

Old 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
WOW!! my thread has been hijacked!!

started this awhile ago to help with a paper that I was writing. It kept a life, and, although I was following it, I did not reply anywhere until now.

I was writing about how I disagree with the presumption that the budget is able to be balanced by laying off teachers. I still stand on that. Unions might be a good thing (in moderation), but, it's a little late now. And, the unions did get greedy in the Detroit area and now two of our major automakers are bankrupt.

However, none of that was addressed in my paper nor in the initial thread.

People, first, you need to understand that this is a written medium where texting abbreviations simply don't work. Secondly, hurling insults around...and, now racial slurs...good grief!!!...there is no reason for it. r-rated, you seriously need to go back to your NYC forum and chat about the Mets or the Yankees, but, please don't come on the Charlotte, NC website and insult us. I will agree that there are issues here regarding our state budgets...but, there are issues across the country concerning pretty much the same thing. So, no need to throw stones.

Let's stop this thread hijack now and, if someone has an intelligent post regarding the actual issue at hand, well, we can keep it going. If not, I will ask the mod to close it.

thanks

Old 07-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
that's what I get for trying to type here and work at the same time
excuses, excuses, excuses. on the keyboard the "a" is not next to the "e".
what about the word "enough", its not "enuff". you made that mistake more than once

Old 07-08-2009, 03:13 PM

841 posts, read 1,431,454 times
Quote:
"ignorant" is an insult, u r implying that i havent learned, therefore suggesting that i am stupid
If you don't know the difference between ignorant and stupid... well then you choose the proper adjective.

Children, for example, are ignorant (not stupid) about ways of the world because they have yet to learn them due a variety of reasons, including inexperience. You are classically ignorant of how the public school system works. You alone can either choose to learn more about it (either through study or experience) or not.

Its only an insult for those with a chip on their collective shoulders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte