Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 AM

27 posts, read 97,691 times

Advertisements

Putting your complaint in writing (certified mail) may get their attention or send one to their landlord if they rent.
Perhaps, citing city codes or your legal rights. You have the right to live in peace. If all else fails, call the police EVERY time the barking gets ridiculous - if the talks fail

There are products like the Viatek BC16G Super Bark Stop...

try Amazon.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Again, what are the police going to do about a barking dog?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I believe they can issue a disturbing the peace or nuisance ticket after a certain time at night. We do have noise ordinances here you know!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Fine the owner...

Old 01-06-2010, 08:45 PM

197 posts, read 479,279 times
Quote:

It's breaking the law. They can fine the owner. Sorry i couldn't respond sooner been busy between work and the fire house. Haven't had time to check the forums.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
Does anyone know if the police in Charlotte will fine an owner? Will the police respond to a call about a barking dog? I hope they will but some of the other responses would leave me to believe the police will not respond. Just curious. Thanks!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:30 PM

197 posts, read 479,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Does anyone know if the police in Charlotte will fine an owner? Will the police respond to a call about a barking dog? I hope they will but some of the other responses would leave me to believe the police will not respond. Just curious. Thanks!

Yes, they will respond to all calls. If the owner has a barking dog usually they will warn the owner first. Any other infractions can lead to fines.. etc.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I'd call 311 and ask - they can tell you

Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM

446 posts, read 830,842 times
Actually, the police DO NOT come for a barking dog. I was transferred to 311 the first time I called on the people the night in December their dog barked the ENTIRE Night, and I do mean the ENTIRE night. Animal control patrols from 6 am to 2 am...so if you call at 4 am and a dog is keeping you awake, too bad for you. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I called AGAIN yesterday, this is my 3rd, or maybe my 4th time calling on them. I am 99% certain they've been fined by the way the 311 operator talked to me. She said that they were past the warning stage, so I can only hope that meant they got fined.

These people absolutely do not give a rat's a$$ about their neighbors. I TRIED to be neighborly about it, but they wouldn't open their door, and I KNOW they were home.

I have 2 dogs and I FREAK when they bark for more than 2-3 minutes. I'm out the door calling them back in the house. I care about my neighbors, and I won't let my dogs disrupt them. I don't know when they sleep, or what hours they keep....I don't want my dogs disrupting someone's Sunday nap or Saturday morning sleep-in. I just can't UNDERSTAND why others don't feel the same. To me it's simple...it's just the RIGHT thing to do.

If ya can't tell I'm pissed....just plain old fed UP with these people. I don't want to be one of "THOSE" neighbors that b*tches about every little thing....but I don't do that. I only complain when someone's dog barks til it's literally hoarse! NO lie...hoarse, from barking.

Now I am just not gonna hesitate to call 311 and complain. I'll do it in a heartbeat if they dare to let that dog bark for an extended period again, and by that I mean like an hour. To me that's absurd to let a dog bark for an hour, but I'm trying to be generous. It bothers my daughter who takes AP classes in high school...she tries to do her homework in her bedroom and can't concentrate because of the dog.

So far animal control seems to be trying. They're working with me and they do show up...so far anyway. I hope it continues that way.

I don't want these people fined, I don't want them to give up their dog, I don't even wanna complain. I just want them to do the right thing. WHY is that so freaking hard?

Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 AM

446 posts, read 830,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Well, I was going to suggest talking to your neighbors.. not at 330 AM, but during normal hours. But it sounds like you already jumped that ship. So now.. um.. your stuck with the laws and not many laws to support you. Well, they may be there but enforcement is weak, as others have said.

You may want to try the neighbor thing again. Remember this could be a long term neighbor.

I didn't go and knock on their door at 3:30 in the morning. I went over at like 11:30 pm when my daughter was trying to go to sleep so she could get up for school at 5:30 the next morning. I guess I didn't write that I DID go over there another time, during the day, at like 5 pm, both cars there, heard the TV on...they didn't answer. So...screw em. I'm done being neighborly. I don't care how long they live there. If they are so rude they don't care about their neighbors, I don't care what they think of me at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte