Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:32 PM

446 posts, read 830,842 times

Advertisements

I have new neighbors in my neighborhood and at first I thought they were ok....they had parties, like 4 in a two month period, loud, outdoor parties where they were seen carrying around bottles of Yager....ok...LOL They hog up the street so nobody can park, etc....

BUT that isn't the real issue now. They have decided they will leave their huge doberman looking thing outside as long as they deem fit, no matter what. I went over at 1140 pm one night because my 16 yr old had to get up in the morning and her window is the lucky one that looks over their back yard. They would NOT answer the door....I heard them in there, even heard them eventually DRAGGING that dog in the house and telling it to ""sssssssssh" -- yeah, right...shhh

So I called animal control at 330 that morning because I was DONE with it. They work rounds from 6 am to 2 am, so they showed up about 7. They wouldn't answer their door then either.

I was SO Mad by like 5 am I put a note on their door telling them that I had wanted to do this neighborly but since they are so RUDE letting their dog bark NONSTOP ALL night long they I would continue to call animal control each and every time I even get a HINT it's going to bark past it's 10 minute allotment it gets past midnight.....then, the dog barks all day too, and THAT is a nuisance as well, ya know?

So, I called them again tonight....just told them I'd already reported these people once, now the dog is barking nonstop again and I'd like them to help stop it.

Where can I find the rules and regs about dogs and noise for Char-Meck? Anyone leads me there I'd be thrilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
ARTICLE III. - NOISE

ARTICLE III. - NOISE

Here's a link to everything...
http://library.municode.com/index.as...rth%20Carolina

Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
I am going to wish you good luck with getting Charlotte animal control to do
anything about it.
My son has for 2 years now endured a neighbor with several small dogs [ jack russel ]
living in a pen outside year round, barking , mostly they actually cry like
little babies , escpecially now when it is cold.
they truly sound like little babies or cats crying in pain out there.
I shutter to think how they are faring in this cold weather , since all they have is a bare wooden box for a shelter, the neighbor is legal as far as laws go.
my son and all his neighbors have tried to get something done about this
and so far no luck.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:20 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
That's true about animal control... Getting them to do their jobs can be completely frustrating.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
I feel your pain. I too have new neighbors with a small yappy dog. Right now its not too bad since my windows are closed and heat is on. In the spring/fall when I have my windows open it will be a HUGE problem. I am an animal lover and I have a dog but I cannot understand people who allow their dogs to bark! If a dog barks more than a few times it should be put inside and all dogs should be inside at night so as not to wake the neighbors.

I would continue to call animal control and I would also call 311 and ask what else can be done if the dog continues to bark. According to the laws that Barkingowl supplied, there should be a remedy to this - If animal control is not doing anything what else can be done?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM

197 posts, read 479,279 times
Pellet gun comes in handy!

Okay, I'm teasing. You have exhausted all means of trying to work this out with your neighbor? If so you could call CMPD and try that route as well.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:23 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I am going to wish you good luck with getting Charlotte animal control to do
anything about it.
My son has for 2 years now endured a neighbor with several small dogs [ jack russel ]
living in a pen outside year round, barking , mostly they actually cry like
little babies , escpecially now when it is cold.
they truly sound like little babies or cats crying in pain out there.
I shutter to think how they are faring in this cold weather , since all they have is a bare wooden box for a shelter, the neighbor is legal as far as laws go.
my son and all his neighbors have tried to get something done about this
and so far no luck.
JACK RUSSELLS ARE THE WORST

God, I feel for anyone having neighbors with one (or in my case one time, TWO). They will drive you to the brink of insanity!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaunders View Post
Pellet gun comes in handy!

Okay, I'm teasing. You have exhausted all means of trying to work this out with your neighbor? If so you could call CMPD and try that route as well.
What are the police going to do?

Do you have an HOA? We have a few items in our bylaws that allow us to take measures against barking and nusisance animals.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:30 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
Well, I was going to suggest talking to your neighbors.. not at 330 AM, but during normal hours. But it sounds like you already jumped that ship. So now.. um.. your stuck with the laws and not many laws to support you. Well, they may be there but enforcement is weak, as others have said.

You may want to try the neighbor thing again. Remember this could be a long term neighbor.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:19 AM

595 posts, read 1,622,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Well, I was going to suggest talking to your neighbors.. not at 330 AM, but during normal hours. But it sounds like you already jumped that ship. So now.. um.. your stuck with the laws and not many laws to support you. Well, they may be there but enforcement is weak, as others have said.

You may want to try the neighbor thing again. Remember this could be a long term neighbor.
Ticking off your neighbors is usually a bad idea because they live beside you and will be living beside you for awhile.

If your neighbors are willing to let their dog bark all night long, I doubt they really care about the problems it is causing you.

Maybe you can make friends with the dog and ask it politely not to bark all night long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte