Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 06:34 PM

65 posts, read 189,506 times

Advertisements

He didn't say how many had been hired. Not sure if he knows the exact numbers. He just told me that a core group had been hired and more hiring is expected in the new year. Not sure if they are in Germany or not. I will ask. Yes, it sounds like things are moving right along. I will be glad when they do start installation and he won't be traveling as much!

Happy Holidays and good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 AM

323 posts, read 1,159,510 times
Thank you so much Hawkeye75 for the awesome information.Please don't hesitate with more news from your husband.Trust me I am very appreiciative of any news as things progress over at the plant.Happy Holidays to you and your family too!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:53 PM

98 posts, read 253,557 times
Has anyone heard anything about the production new hires. I know VW is swamped with apps. I hope to hear somthing.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Happy New years everybody!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:01 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,240,785 times
Since this thread got revived, there is news on access to the plant. You know that "intersection to no where" between exits 7 and 11 on I-75? The one where they built the intersection but "forgot" to build a road connecting to it? They're finally building the road, 4 years later. The section from the intersection to the VW plant is expected to open this summer, then they'll hopefully continue building to finish the link with Hwy 58.

More details in yesterday's CTFP.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:16 AM

28 posts, read 71,279 times
Default Glad I found this site...

Hawkeye, RNKaren, congrats on the VW job, and Hawkeye, selling your house..

DantaAutoGuy, my hubby was at Moraine Assembly as a toolmaker for over 20 years before the rug was hanked out from under us.. Like you, we were a huge GM family too, my dad, 3 uncles and brother-in-law all were at Moarine Assembly.. My husband applied for the VW facility maintenaince jobs too.. Like CMM1959 (assuming your a toolmaker/machinist, too).. waiting with hope that we hear something soon, on the facility maintenance positions.

Beth21, would you happen to be from the Springhill plant?

Long story short, we relocated to Oak Ridge, TN after Moraine Assembly was shut down. We've been here for almost two years now. Shortly after medical insurance ran out, I found out I had breast cancer. I have a lot of family in Oak Ridge, and cancer kind of makes you want your family. I am almost through all the surgeries and cancer treatment, had 5 surgeries in 6 months, and only one more procedure left for final reconstruction of both breasts.. I'm doing great now, and looking forward to our lives getting much better. If only we could get a call from VW..

One thing both hubby and I both love about VW.. no unions.. The unions sold us out and in our opinion, the main reason why the plant closed.

Please let us know any news on the facility maintenance positions, I'm with CMM1959, hoping everyday that the phone will ring..

Old 01-26-2010, 04:17 PM

Toolmaker wife, I'm maintenance mechanic/millwright/machinist. I've done a little die work, but my passion is keeping the equipment running. It sounds like your husband is very qualified too. So, hopefuly we both get the call! Wish you the best of health and a great future.
cmm1959

Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 AM

28 posts, read 71,279 times
Thank you CMM1959, sounds like you and hubby have the same background. He was basically responsible for keeping the line running.. he was part of the maintenance team.

Thank you too for the well wishes, I'm doing great. After all the surgeries, my oncologist tells me I have less of a chance of cancer returning then a 25 year old. Now that is GREAT news.

For all those relocating to this area, I have to say that my care throughout the cancer was outstanding! I tell everyone, if your going to get cancer, this is the town to get it in. From the oncologist, breast surgeon, plastic surgeon, and Thompson Cancer center, the care I received was outstanding. It is a honor to live around the Chattanooga area, with such compassionate, and thorough docs.

Best of luck to you CMM, prayers that we both get that call.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:14 AM

13 posts, read 47,251 times
toolmakerwife, sorry to hear about all your difficulties. Glad that everything is looking up for you now. Hopefully you and CMM1959 will get that call. Sounds like you both are very qualified (from what I know). Wishing you both all the luck in the world. Its been a pretty good transfer for us. We love the area of Ooltewah and have been pleased with all Chatt has to offer. AGain, best of luck to ya'll and hope everything works out for the best.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 AM

13 posts, read 47,251 times
Beth, where are ya'll relocating to? Me and Hawkeye are in the same neighborhood. The nashville are is a great area too, but i think you will be happy with all Chatt has to offer. Congrats on the new job and move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga