Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think NW Indiana as part of the Chicagoland area
Yes 97 78.86%
No 19 15.45%
Maybe 7 5.69%
Don't know 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 10:54 PM

694 posts, read 2,017,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Newbie View Post
I was aware of that, but you could argue that the South Shore is "shared" with Chicago in that it is used by Chicago commuters and runs into downtown.

edited to add: I also never said that the South Shore was part of the Metra.

The original claim was that NW Indiana has more in common than Gurnee/Elgin. The NORTHEN INDIANA COMMUTER DISTRICT has zero in common with Chicago-----while Elgin and Gurnee (via Prairie Crossing) ultilize METRA which is in common with Chicago---- By the way welcome to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
The original claim was that NW Indiana has more in common than Gurnee/Elgin. The NORTHEN INDIANA COMMUTER DISTRICT has zero in common with Chicago-----while Elgin and Gurnee (via Prairie Crossing) ultilize METRA---- Got it?
What?

8 out of 20 stops on the South Shore are within city limits.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need glasses? Gurnee has actual horses and a country side for them to roam. The Tempel Lipizzans are right next door.

Doesn't Hammond eat and/or process horse meat in those steel mills? Isn't that the famous NW Indiana smell?
Have you ever heard of a metaphoric analogy? Do you need an education?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need glasses? Gurnee has actual horses and a country side for them to roam...

Yet another reason Hammond and other NW Indiana towns have more in common with Chicago than Gurnee does since Chicago has no such rural area for horses in it.

Doh!

Thanks for your help in proving my point.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Have you ever heard of a metaphoric analogy? Do you need an education?

So you throw up "metaphoric analogy" as your mea culpa for sounding like a jerk and then throw in the education part.... Here is my breakdown of your sophomoric quote:

"passive-------aggressive" with a goal similar to a troll.... I haven't read any of your posts on these boards but from dealing with you over the last hour I can guess your style.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Yet another reason Hammond and other NW Indiana towns have more in common with Chicago than Gurnee does since Chicago has no such rural area for horses in it.

Doh!

Thanks for your help in proving my point.

Noticed the zero response to my point on the public transportation and that you resorted to horses....lol. Whatever.... the point being is that both towns are relational to Chicago----you just dissed Gurnee and Elgin so I gave it right back to you horse-smell guy (notice the passive aggressive nature---feels nice huh?)

Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need glasses?...

Quote:
So you throw up "metaphoric analogy" as your mea culpa for sounding like a jerk and then throw in the education part...

When someone attempts to insult me,underestimate me,belittle me,or just acts plain old ignorant, I will whip back accordingly.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Noticed the zero response to my point on the public transportation and that you resorted to horses...
There was a zero response on your point of public transportation? Maybe you need glasses?

Quote:
I was aware of that, but you could argue that the South Shore is "shared" with Chicago in that it is used by Chicago commuters and runs into downtown.

edited to add: I also never said that the South Shore was part of the Metra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
LOL, I know. Southshore is growing in ridership quite a bit, and the ONLY reason it exists is to transport people from the suburbs into the city for their lives/jobs. Just cause it happens to be Indiana instead of say Lake County or Kane County doesn't really matter. Those areas are the burbs of Chicago.

South Shore isn't part of Metra because it's in a different juristiction. Just go look at the scheudels for Metra and it shows South Shore right along with all the other lines. There are plans to extend the South Shore with more lines jutting south into the suburban areas of Lake County.
Quote:
Right! My point exactly

Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
When someone attempts to insult me,underestimate me,belittle me,or just acts plain old ignorant, I will whip back accordingly.

Same here---- And you those quotes you show are all in response to YOU starting crap with me. So back at ya.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
There was a zero response on your point of pubic transportation? Make you need glasses?

No I'm not an optician I don't make glasses. Maybe you need an EDUCATION?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs