Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 PM

588 posts, read 1,800,653 times

Advertisements

Somehow people seem to be confused by thinking states that allow CCW means everyone is carrying a gun. Again the logic is flawed to believe that CCW won't work when you give a very small cross section of crime and it would appear those victims did not have a gun. In those states CCW is an option, meaning people have a choice if they want to protect themselves by carrying a gun, many choose not to. These mobs of mutts profile these victims by who is least likely to fight back or be carrying a means of self defense. They'll go after the elderly, small woman, etc. They aren't typically going after the jacked dude with a folding knife clipped to his pocket and with an unknown buldge covered by a T-shirt on his right hip.

Also a total ban is a totally flawed idea. The only people that would turn in their guns are law abiding citizens fearful of the law. There's such a surplus flow of guns already in America it will be impossible to remove all of them from the actual criminal element. Also the last time I checked this is America, and I'm not one to stand behind destroying the 2nd Amendment. Makes no sense to punish 98% of law abiding responsible American gun owners for the ills of irresponsible or criminal gun owners who under the current laws are not entitled to lawfully own the weapons to begin with.

Last edited by ofcjim40; 06-07-2011 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 AM

61 posts, read 72,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Rich people don't clean up their streets. They pay someone to do that.

And the ghetto people don't clean their streets at all.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:32 AM

61 posts, read 72,105 times
Here is another one from last night!

"Three people are in custody after a group of 10 men attacked at least one person Tuesday night in a “flash mob incident” in the River North neighborhood. Police responded about 8 p.m. to a reported battery in progress near East Chicago and North Wabash avenues"

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/...in-mob-attack/

Just wait until the Taste comes along. These animals will be out in full force.

Last edited by northsiderebel; 06-08-2011 at 02:00 AM..

Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,201,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsiderebel View Post
And the ghetto people don't clean their streets at all.
Neither do the rich since I just said they pay.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:32 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
Somehow people seem to be confused by thinking states that allow CCW means everyone is carrying a gun. Again the logic is flawed to believe that CCW won't work when you give a very small cross section of crime and it would appear those victims did not have a gun. In those states CCW is an option, meaning people have a choice if they want to protect themselves by carrying a gun, many choose not to. These mobs of mutts profile these victims by who is least likely to fight back or be carrying a means of self defense. They'll go after the elderly, small woman, etc. They aren't typically going after the jacked dude with a folding knife clipped to his pocket and with an unknown buldge covered by a T-shirt on his right hip.

Also a total ban is a totally flawed idea. The only people that would turn in their guns are law abiding citizens fearful of the law. There's such a surplus flow of guns already in America it will be impossible to remove all of them from the actual criminal element. Also the last time I checked this is America, and I'm not one to stand behind destroying the 2nd Amendment. Makes no sense to punish 98% of law abiding responsible American gun owners for the ills of irresponsible or criminal gun owners who under the current laws are not entitled to lawfully own the weapons to begin with.
I'd be totally for allowing concealed carry to law-abiding, sane, gun owners while closing all the loopholes for gun shows that allow anyone to legally purchase a weapon without any background check.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Really?
I don't think anyone denied that there have been some mob actions. One more action on one of the nicest weekends of the year (nice weather always brings out more problems), where the victim walked away from it without even losing his wallet doesn't really seem like strong evidence that there is an epidemic threatening the health and safety of the general public.
Bury your head in the sand if you'd like but this is obviously becoming a major problem.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 PM

588 posts, read 1,800,653 times
Basically there's about only one way to Police a problem truly effectively such as this. It would involve Police decoys playing the role of victim with heavy plainclothes support in the area to respond when an incident took place. All that marked patrols do is make the problem relocate. Now here's the rub, when the incident does go down, things might get ugly. There will be hands on needed, pepper spraying and Tasing being done. Not easy, neat or clean usually to corral up 15-20 offenders. Now the question will arise, will the residents of Chicago truly support and stand behind their Police? Will the greater Chicago population have the stomach for what needs to be done, or will there be outcries of profiling, racism, excessive force, etc. and other BS?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:05 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Now the question will arise, will the residents of Chicago truly support and stand behind their Police?
Yes

Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
Will the greater Chicago population have the stomach for what needs to be done, or will there be outcries of profiling, racism, excessive force, etc. and other BS?

The people that matter would back the cops. Those who wouldn't seem to be increasingly politically marginalized. Hell, I'm a liberal from way back and I'd back the coppers shooting these punks down like dogs.

And I'd certainly like to see the cops have the power to kick some asses out on the street like they used to do.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 PM

537 posts, read 1,035,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
The people that matter would back the cops. Those who wouldn't seem to be increasingly politically marginalized. Hell, I'm a liberal from way back and I'd back the coppers shooting these punks down like dogs.

And I'd certainly like to see the cops have the power to kick some asses out on the street like they used to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago