Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:40 AM

384 posts, read 1,132,519 times

Advertisements

I'm lucky to be with a girl with her priorities straight, but most of the women I know are stuck up snobs who will date you for your money. Plus the liberalism in this area is killing me.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 AM

343 posts, read 1,608,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
How are the women in Chicago Friendly ? approachable ? stuck-up? I know everyones unique but please share experiences
I would say very stuck-up....

Old 11-02-2007, 06:27 AM

343 posts, read 1,608,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_cate View Post
i was just thinking the same thing - many more overweight girls here overall. is that awful to say? it just seems that way. my office is all heavy girls, all into pizza and big sandwiches and eat ice cream EVERY day from the vending machine. i worked at conde nast in nyc, girls there ate egg whites for breakfast (if they ate breakfast) cooked in water, NOT oil. vinegar on salad, NOT oil. black coffee. diet coke. here there are plates of cookies and junk everywhere (at work). totally different. not ugly, he centerbut heavy... at least more so than nyc.
go
Moderator cut: blog removed
Women in Chicago take eating very seriously.....it may be a primal relationship to cold winters, but they will eat a lot at lunch downtown. They keep large portions in the workplace fridges as well. Eating is recreation in the whole midwest, of which chicago is the center of that mentality, and world....

Last edited by Keeper; 11-02-2007 at 01:22 PM..

Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I have to agree with "nanannie", but up to a certain extent that is. Chicago is indeed the 3rd largest city in the U.S. (pop. is close to 2.9 million), with a surrounding metro area that would have 9.5 million (including the city). That is indeed HUGE. Now....we also have to keep in mind that certain ethnic groups are going to be MORE represented in the Chicago area than in other metro areas. And likewise, other metro areas will have certain ethnic groups represented more so than in Chicago. Want a clear example of this? Look at Miami. You're going to meet a LOT more Cuban-American women than you'd ever meet in Chicago. Likewise, you're probably more likely to run into a Puerto Rican woman, Guyanese woman or Israeli woman in New York City than you would over here (not to mention the tons of Italians & Irish folks out there, and just about every nationality in the world). You'll meet a LOT more Asian groups out in California than you would in Chicago. You're gonna meet a LOT more people of Polish descent in Chicago than you will in other parts of the country. Chicago seems to magnify the representation of its old school ethnic groups (ie. Eastern-European stock, African-Americans, Mexicans more recently, decent representation from the Italians, Irish, German, and very recently Indian, Filipino, & other Asian groups (ie. Korean, Chinese, etc.), plus the newcomers (yuppies & college students, etc.) from the greater Midwest (probably people of various European origins that settled in various Midwestern states and became Americans long ago). Of course certain ethnic groups tend to have certain features, and so if you tend to have certain preferences, then you may find your comfort zone a bit easier in metro's where your preferred type is more represented. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but this is my take on things.
Good post !

Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest1230 View Post
go

Women in Chicago take eating very seriously.....it may be a primal relationship to cold winters, but they will eat a lot at lunch downtown. They keep large portions in the workplace fridges as well. Eating is recreation in the whole midwest, of which chicago is the center of that mentality, and world....
Riiiiiiiight.

Go back to bed.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest1230 View Post
I would say very stuck-up....
You seem like such an intelligent, affable dude. I'm shocked that women here aren't falling over themselves to get close to that winning personality.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Ok guys. Say what you will. All I know is that I met my girlfriend here, and she's beautiful, approachable, and hilarious.

She was also a collegiate cheerleader, so there goes your chub chub theory.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 AM

539 posts, read 1,924,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Ok guys. Say what you will. All I know is that I met my girlfriend here, and she's beautiful, approachable, and hilarious.

She was also a collegiate cheerleader, so there goes your chub chub theory.

I could say the same thing about my girl, but you know now that I think about it.................as incredible as she is, she doesn't count as a Chicagoan. She's lived here for a few years, but she's originally from Mississippi. When I lived in Alabama, I met quite a few girls from Mississippi who were just..............sexy. So it only makes sense that I'm dating a girl from there now, I've always loved Mississippi girls.

I just happened to meet her in Chicago, but it's not like she was born and bred here. So Chicago just lost the one point that it had with me when it came to women.

Seriously though man. Chicago's not bad, but damn. A lot of these women here are either too rough or too heavy for me. I like women are who are....................you know, feminine. Southern girls know what I'm talking about, that's why I'm glad to be dating one. Northern girls? I don't know, man..................I like everything else about the North but these damn women. Well, some of them anyway, they're not all bad. But admittedly the most attractive women (personality wise) that I've met seem to be either from the South or someplace that's borderline southern, like St. Louis, Cincinnati, Washington, D.C. New York is the only truly northern city where I could see myself out on the dating scene and actually finding women that I would want to date with relative ease.

_

Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
Seriously though man. Chicago's not bad, but damn. A lot of these women here are either too rough or too heavy for me. I like women are who are....................you know, feminine. Southern girls know what I'm talking about, that's why I'm glad to be dating one. Northern girls? I don't know, man..................I like everything else about the North but these damn women. Well, some of them anyway, they're not all bad. But admittedly the most attractive women (personality wise) that I've met seem to be either from the South or someplace that's borderline southern, like St. Louis, Cincinnati, Washington, D.C. New York is the only truly northern city where I could see myself out on the dating scene and actually finding women that I would want to date with relative ease.
Youre either A) blind B) blind or C) blind. If you cant find a woman up here, youre blind!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
I could say the same thing about my girl, but you know now that I think about it.................as incredible as she is, she doesn't count as a Chicagoan. She's lived here for a few years, but she's originally from Mississippi. When I lived in Alabama, I met quite a few girls from Mississippi who were just..............sexy. So it only makes sense that I'm dating a girl from there now, I've always loved Mississippi girls.

I just happened to meet her in Chicago, but it's not like she was born and bred here. So Chicago just lost the one point that it had with me when it came to women.

_
Hate to call you on it, but this isn't really consistent. You like feminine, Southern girls, but crave the dating scene of.... NYC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago