Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM

809 posts, read 2,410,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Notice your focus was on pro sports. There's also a lot more enthusiasm for college sports than there is in the East Coast cities. All over this city you can find bars with themes oriented around college sports -- Iowa, Michigan, Kansas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue, etc. How many New York or Boston bars fill up with, say, Penn State fans during football games?

You're forgetting Penn State is a BIG10 school
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
i hear it is and house prices tanking
Lol, why do they even leave posts like this open initially? It's just a random comment, and there isn't even any reason really except "I hear it is....".

This is either just some uneducated kid, or someone who just likes to be a smartass....or most likely both.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Lol, why do they even leave posts like this open initially? It's just a random comment, and there isn't even any reason really except "I hear it is....".

This is either just some uneducated kid, or someone who just likes to be a smartass....or most likely both.
Nah, he's a grumpy old Northwoods curmudgeon who resents the fact that we Chicagoans can afford all the prime real estate up there and he can't.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Valley View Post
It sounds like it is all your opinion.

Best sports town: that would be a hard one to convince east coast cities of where pro sports aren't just sports, but a whole culture and way of life for entire cities.

Great food: no doubt, but not the best

Best skyline: Have you seen New York's?

Raise kids: Is this a joke? !....! I would raise my kids in New York City, San Francisco, LA, or Houston, any day over Chicago. There public schools are ranked some of the worst in the country.
Chicago public school system is corrupt in the administrations, yes, but not ranked worst in the country.

There are great high schools all over Chicago that are ranked highly, and also all over Chicagoland. Chicago also has many safe neighborhoods and clean parks that are good for raising families. Shocking, I know!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Valley View Post
Raise kids: Is this a joke? !....! I would raise my kids in New York City, San Francisco, LA, or Houston, any day over Chicago. There public schools are ranked some of the worst in the country.
Unless you can afford Naperville. To Downstaters, Chicago is the worst place in Illinois. (The reverse is also true.)

Old 02-06-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Unless you can afford Naperville. To Downstaters, Chicago is the worst place in Illinois. (The reverse is also true.)
Then why do so many more of them move up here than the other way around?

Oh yeah, they enjoy having, like, jobs & stuff.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:24 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,953,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
i hear it is and house prices tanking
Oh its horrible here. I bought my house two years ago and its already lost 300% of its value. Gang bangers just killed 100 people on my street yesterday, and today so far, they've killed another 60. There's a big sink hole in my back yard that's full of glowing radioactive waste. Meteor showers hit my house every night (I've had to replace my roof twice already.) Satan has possessed my tv (all 200 channels!)

I gnash my teeth, wear sackcloth, and flagellate myself daily for choosing to move here.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:13 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Mind View Post
meh, i didnt see much of chicago, but what i did see of it was a ghetto dump, though i know thats not all of it. even so, theres waaaaay to many people there for me to consider living there
GHETTO

GHETTO

GHETTO

GHETTO
(this side is the really bad part)

yeah, it really sucks living in the ghetto.

Quote:
Oh its horrible here. I bought my house two years ago and its already lost 300% of its value. Gang bangers just killed 100 people on my street yesterday, and today so far, they've killed another 60. There's a big sink hole in my back yard that's full of glowing radioactive waste. Meteor showers hit my house every night (I've had to replace my roof twice already.) Satan has possessed my tv (all 200 channels!)
I know, right? I've gotten killed at least 12 times in the last month.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,953,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I hate when that happens.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Yeh, but you get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago