Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 04:14 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,438,836 times

Advertisements

How do you force integration? People often choose to live in places with high concentrations of their ethnic group. We have plenty of threads saying I am a [pick a group] moving to this area and am looking for a place with a vibrant [same group] community.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:16 PM

58 posts, read 38,624 times
I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are about everything you just posted. First of all, you cannot legislate prosperity. Everyone has the same rights in this country. Equal rights, however, don't guarantee equal results. WE CANNOT LIFT ANYONE INTO PROSPERITY!!! Even if you decide to give someone money, unless they learn how to be responsible with finances, they will continue to be poor. The problem in the poor communities are 1. Gang culture 2. Teen pregnancy 3. School drop out. If people stopped the violence, stopped getting pregnant before being married and finished school- they would already be successful.

Additionally, you're very wrong about Europe being more even. Where did you get that statistic from? I'm from Europe and I go back and forth- trust me, there are very poor people in Europe and that disproves your theory that poverty is race related. In my home country, we ALL have the same skin color so it's fair to say no one can claim racism is to blame for poverty. Everyone has the same rights, everyone can go to school and get an education but still people live in homes without electricity and water. I know because I see it! It's lives circumstances sometimes. You can make the same comparison here- are ALL white people successful? No. Are all blacks poor? No. If racism was an issue, all whites would be succesfull and all blacks would be poor.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:39 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,763,810 times
Yeah it's NOT realistic to think you can take people who are NOT accustomed to having a nice clean new place to live and keep it that way. It's never happened and won't likely ever be that way. Take people out of slums placing them in beautiful new well equipped housing and expect it to remain clean and well maintained.........yeah keep dreaming

Old 08-04-2020, 05:20 PM

Poverty doesn't equal violence. Look at the Appalachian people- they always were and still are the poorest in the country but they live peacefully. Connecting gang violence to poverty once again is flawed. Poverty was only linked to crime when people were starving and they would steal bread or any food to feed their family (or would rob someone of money)- they committed crime to survive. Those times are long gone- people welfare, food stamps and free housing- definitely no one here is starving.

Look at the cartel, the leaders are filthy rich but they commit crime. There are poor people living in shacks in 3rd world countries but they're not criminals- they make it with what they have. Crime is nothing else but a culture and not having parents at home to raise them properly to set an example.

Appalachians: https://flashbak.com/faces-of-appala...century-33577/

Old 08-04-2020, 05:42 PM

I'm right off of Diversey and Sheridan as well. I follow the Chicago scanner and yes, a lot more muggings. Couple weeks ago, on the Belmont El, a woman was attacked during the day. I always thought our area was safe until my sister talked to a cop (she's a cop as well) who's district this is and he said this area isn't as safe as people believe.

Just to give you an example what's going on in Chicago: AN HOUR AGO:
Gold Coast: shooting 79 E Oak (Rush) 3 people shot per dispatch. CPD looking for suspect vehicle on Lake Shore Drive. Oak St shut down State St to Inner LSD. One died.
Btw: That's a very expensive and touristy area.

You might want to read about all the crime in Lincoln Park and Lakeview here: https://cwbchicago.com/category/lincoln-park

Old 08-04-2020, 06:24 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigal777 View Post
I'm right off of Diversey and Sheridan as well. I follow the Chicago scanner and yes, a lot more muggings. Couple weeks ago, on the Belmont El, a woman was attacked during the day. I always thought our area was safe until my sister talked to a cop (she's a cop as well) who's district this is and he said this area isn't as safe as people believe.

Just to give you an example what's going on in Chicago: AN HOUR AGO:
Gold Coast: shooting 79 E Oak (Rush) 3 people shot per dispatch. CPD looking for suspect vehicle on Lake Shore Drive. Oak St shut down State St to Inner LSD. One died.
Btw: That's a very expensive and touristy area.

You might want to read about all the crime in Lincoln Park and Lakeview here: https://cwbchicago.com/category/lincoln-park
Scary stuff going on in the city now under lori lighthead

Old 08-04-2020, 06:32 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigal777 View Post
While she has the whole district protecting her block so she can sleep peacefully. I can't stand that creepy looking mayor. Who the hell voted for her?? I swear, Chicagoans are dumb. Smh.
Voters here have never been any good which is why this city and whole state for that matter are in such bad shape!

Old 08-05-2020, 05:57 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,703,551 times
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...oly-story.html

Looks like federal agents are now working directly in Chicago and taking the County out of prosecutions. Anything to keep Kim Foxx away from the process is a good thing to me.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:04 AM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times
Vlajos, thanks for that article.

YES! You guys need someone to get the job done that won't be interfered with by "higher ups."

And as I say that, I mean NO disrespect to those great Officers in the Chicago Police Department who are doing their job appropriately. I feel for them, however, because it seems they are not always backed up by certain "other figures", and certainly have not been supported by the "protestors"/looters.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:11 AM

148 posts, read 122,275 times
Less safe than it was in 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago