Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 02:23 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times

Advertisements

Ahhh, I'm safe here in Niles!!

I hope there is little issues. I wish the Chicago Police Department and Sheriff Department much luck and success with the "people" they may have to deal with.

Be safe, city-data.commers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 02:35 PM

84 posts, read 47,156 times
I actually live here unlike 99% of the haters in this forum and went for a drive this morning, saw people dining outside, walking in the sunshine, beautiful architecture, flowers in bloom and thought this ain't bad given the very real crap our Federal "leader" has dealt us all. Look for negativity and ugliness you'll find it everywhere.

I just don't get why the Chicago forum is littered with people (mind you, a group we could count on one hand) who either hate it here or don't even live here who have nothing better to do than race bait, crap and be negative for hours on end. I know let's create the same basic thread over and over disguised with a slightly different title.

If you hate it here, leave, if you don't live here, stay away. What ever your utopia is, spend time in your fourm being positive and promoting it. Easy peasy. My god, what do you people leap out of bed every morning in your self proclaimed paradises where you live, take a crap and think now I can get busy on citydata slamming Chicago with lies and race baiting?

Get a life.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:47 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times
Walkaboutcreek, I support Chicago!

Old 08-14-2020, 02:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
And looting is planned as well.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:04 PM

334 posts, read 170,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
I would rather see them walking a closed down expressway then downtown Chicago even ever again till this current awful era and hopefully just a year is over. Whoever wins this election I do not look forward too. I hope we can overcome our demons of strife and extremism. If not ...... we might see this Nation be its own worst enemy and reach a point of nor return in imploding.

Downtown is basically in lockdown anyway. How busy will the Dan Ryan even be at this point? Better then destroying property despite neither should happen.

I watched the movie yesterday called - Divergent from 2014 that was filmed and took place in Chicago of the future where the world had some disaster with somehow Chicago had some aspects of it survived and is portrayed as the core and some surrounding abodes left with a barbed wall around what is left of the city and some new order of class factions of 5 groups created as a means of civility that still cracked due to fear and still the usual reasons for failure. A partly dried up Lake Michigan and river a trickle.

Some aspects of that Extremism could throw this Nation into, even if the rest of the world survives our fall as the Nation that was to be the Best and Last Democracy more then any of today's Nations.

I have also seen other movies of post Apocalypse movies of division of the this Nation into regions of fighting militias. All seem to point to this current era of extremism going into a worst case scenario.
According to Mayor Groot the march is supposed to end in Grant Park. Pretty sure that’s what she discussed that the highway is state police jurisdiction while the park will fall under city jurisdiction.

Why doesn’t the city prevent marches etc based on a lack of permit. March permits take a while to get...not sure why the city let those spontaneous marches turned riot happen without a permit. Same thing applies in all cities, especially Portland.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-14-2020 at 03:27 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Arizonan here. Just completed a cross-country road trip from AZ to northern Michigan. Made a pit stop in Chicago because my little guy wanted to see the Willis Tower. My God, what has happened to your city? I was genuinely sad by what I saw. Trash everywhere on the side of the freeways, homeless camps everywhere, boarded up businesses, etc, etc, etc. Growing up in MI, I was in Chicago at least a few times a year - always wanted to live there, actually. Now I'm glad I never saw that through.

Not trying to crap on your city, but I just don't understand what has happened. I am shocked by what I witnessed.
It’s called electing Progressive politicians..voters beware.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:09 PM

30 posts, read 24,212 times
I live here in Chicago , for 65 years as a matter of fact! So Walkaboutcreek , I will give my opinion as I see it!

Old 08-14-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkaboutcreek View Post
I actually live here unlike 99% of the haters in this forum and went for a drive this morning, saw people dining outside, walking in the sunshine, beautiful architecture, flowers in bloom and thought this ain't bad given the very real crap our Federal "leader" has dealt us all. Look for negativity and ugliness you'll find it everywhere.

I just don't get why the Chicago forum is littered with people (mind you, a group we could count on one hand) who either hate it here or don't even live here who have nothing better to do than race bait, crap and be negative for hours on end. I know let's create the same basic thread over and over disguised with a slightly different title.

If you hate it here, leave, if you don't live here, stay away. What ever your utopia is, spend time in your fourm being positive and promoting it. Easy peasy. My god, what do you people leap out of bed every morning in your self proclaimed paradises where you live, take a crap and think now I can get busy on citydata slamming Chicago with lies and race baiting?

Get a life.
This forum is littered with one person who needed to loop Trump into Chicago’s current disaster then acts as if all is rosy posey, easy peasy.

Not a Trumper here but he did warn Lighthead on May 29...her famous F You response, and look what she has allowed to happen.

Tell the families of all those kids killed since May 30 that things ain’t that bad and they should just drive around and look at the architecture and flowers in bloom...easy peasy solution...wtf? lol

If you really knew this forum, there were tons of positive Chicago stuff and lots of defense for Chicago..really until Groot & Fixx showed the results of their progressive politics.

But like you, Groot especuially is somehow blaming Trump....which is the game she’s trying to play for November election? Can’t figure out WHY she is letting this happen and is more concerned about removing statues and undermining the CPD.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-14-2020 at 03:26 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 03:27 PM

84 posts, read 47,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
This forum is littered with one person who needed to loop Trump into Chicago’s current disaster then acts as if all is rosy posey, easy peasy.

Not a Trumper here but he did warn Lighthead on May 29...her famous F You response, and look what she has allowed to happen.

Tell the families of all those kids killed since May 30 that things ain’t that bad and they should just drive around and look at the architecture and flowers in bloom...easy peasy solution...wtf? lol

If you really knew this forum, there were tons of positive Chicago stuff and lots of defense for Chicago..really until Groot & Fixx showed the results of their progressive politics.

But like you, Groot especuially is somehow blaming Trump....which is the game she’s trying to play for November election?
Yes nothing bad ever happened here before Lightfoot and Rahm, we get it, Chicago was like Mayberry. And idiots only exist in Chicago and as such a city of millions can only be judged by the actions of a few. All makes sense.

Clearly if I am one person I am not littering the forum. I get it, I am out numbered here, exactly my point; if you dislike it here so much spend your time in a place you like or even live in. I never said life was easy here for anyone, myself included, I don't know you and you don't know me, it's the internet. My point was today all over the city millions went about their life just fine. Did some not, yes, but I am not sure I can find a place on the globe that is not the case. I merely said I choose to be positive and find some simple pleasures in my day. Good and bad can be found everywhere. As to linking to Trump, if you don't see how the lack of a real plan is making all our lives, black, white, BLM supporters or their foes, Chicago or elsewhere a lot harder than it has to be you must have a very blessed life. Which again I would say, so blessed, go spread some positivity to others.

This thread will be created over and over again and nothing will change. And because someone does not have 8 million posts has no reflection on how long they have been reading or know what goes on a forum. Done.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkaboutcreek View Post
Yes nothing bad ever happened here before Lightfoot and Rahm, we get it, Chicago was like Mayberry. And idiots only exist in Chicago and as such a city of millions can only be judged by the actions of a few. All makes sense.

Clearly if I am one person I am not littering the forum. I get it, I am out numbered here, exactly my point; if you dislike it here so much spend your time in a place you like or even live in. I never said life was easy here for anyone, myself included, I don't know you and you don't know me, it's the internet. My point was today all over the city millions went about their life just fine. Did some not, yes, but I am not sure I can find a place on the globe that is not the case. I merely said I choose to be positive and find some simple pleasures in my day. Good and bad can be found everywhere. As to linking to Trump, if you don't see how the lack of a real plan is making all our lives, black, white, BLM supporters or their foes, Chicago or elsewhere a lot harder than it has to be you must have a very blessed life. Which again I would say, so blessed, go spread some positivity to others.

This thread will be created over and over again and nothing will change. And because someone does not have 8 million posts has no reflection on how long they have been reading or know what goes on a forum. Done.
You know, all these blue progressive mayors, including our very own a Groot, seem to have a big common denominator: blame Trump.

Groot, DeBlasio, the ones in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, DC, all point the finger at the White House.

So if Trump is to blame, why would Groot F You him on May 29 and say no trouble will happen in her city...and then let everything fall apart and continue to F You Trump when he wanted to send federal agents to help with the skyrocketing gun violence?

And then continue to blame Trump as she holds back the CPD but moves full forward on statue removal.

Not sure where you live but downtown has been a real tough place to be since May 30. Gun battles on Michigan Avenue, state-lake, looters everywhere, Ronald McDonald house attacked...it’s a bit stressful when looters are in your ground floor retail space and 100s of us live in apartments above...ever hear of arson happening in these free for alls?

Anyone living here prior to late May knows bad things here...but not wholesale ransacking more than once in 2 months in downtown.

Don’t assume what you call negativity on this forum translates into posters’ daily lived either...if you can’t handle the values comments, get out of the thread. Also, we loved Chicago which is why this so maddeningly frustrating...it’s like watching Rome burn while Lighthead fiddles.

Tired of being a political guinea pig for the November election and telling realistic posters here to get a life while you drive around looking at blooming flowers as dead blackkids pile up says it all. Trump will be blamed for all the black homicide victims as well no doubt. Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago