Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 03:55 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,183,311 times

Advertisements

The law obviously does not apply to the BLM terrorists and never will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 04:01 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
You know, all these blue progressive mayors, including our very own a Groot, seem to have a big common denominator: blame Trump.

Groot, DeBlasio, the ones in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, DC, all point the finger at the White House.

So if Trump is to blame, why would Groot F You him on May 29 and say no trouble will happen in her city...and then let everything fall apart and continue to F You Trump when he wanted to send federal agents to help with the skyrocketing gun violence?

And then continue to blame Trump as she holds back the CPD but moves full forward on statue removal.

Not sure where you live but downtown has been a real tough place to be since May 30. Gun battles on Michigan Avenue, state-lake, looters everywhere, Ronald McDonald house attacked...it’s a bit stressful when looters are in your ground floor retail space and 100s of us live in apartments above...ever hear of arson happening in these free for alls?

Anyone living here prior to late May knows bad things here...but not wholesale ransacking more than once in 2 months in downtown.

Don’t assume what you call negativity on this forum translates into posters’ daily lived either...if you can’t handle the values comments, get out of the thread. Also, we loved Chicago which is why this so maddeningly frustrating...it’s like watching Rome burn while Lighthead fiddles.

Tired of being a political guinea pig for the November election and telling realistic posters here to get a life while you drive around looking at blooming flowers as dead blackkids pile up says it all. Trump will be blamed for all the black homicide victims as well no doubt. Disgusting.
You know, this type of post is almost convincing. Then you consider someone like Trump as just being a "helpful guy" and you remember him deciding that no, he would not open back up enrollment for the ACA once covid hit because, well....because! And you have to ask just how "helpful" is Trump really wanting to be? So letting people enroll in healthcare is a big no-no outside of open enrollment weeks, but bringing in the big guns into a democratic town is so very helpful! Reducing unemployment benefits is being a helpful guy! Denying a second stimulus for the little guy, a measely thousand bucks, is too much to ask. Who he's trying to kid? Do you really believe what you type?

Old 08-14-2020, 04:03 PM

84 posts, read 47,157 times
I live very close to these areas. I have been on this planet long enough to know that no one is prepared for what we are seeing. Also have seen this city and others rise and fall many times with a general trajectory upwards, kind of like the stock market. I am not naive enough to believe had we had a republican mayor with looting going on during a pandemic they would have had any better answers. So when a mass shooting or other tragedy occurs in a red city why is the mayor or pick your person never blamed. We live in a toxic country right now and it is not going to get any better until we all find some common ground and go after it. And I have no hope of that, see I can be negative too.

I can handle anything here just fine, just seems very repetitive, which is why I don't post a lot. 90% of the threads are all the same dialogue thinly disguised as a different thread. Groot this, Chicago sucks, race bait that, blah blah blah. Might as well have two threads:

1) Tell us Why CHicago Sucks (Predict this to be the most popular)
2) Tell us Why Chicago does not suck. (This one will have like 3 people because the people that might be able to contribute here are busy doing somehting else besides interneting all day).

And let them go indefinitly, much easier.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:15 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkaboutcreek View Post

2) Tell us Why Chicago does not suck. (This one will have like 3 people because the people that might be able to contribute here are busy doing somehting else besides interneting all day).

The on the fence swing voter must be groomed you know! If there's enough noise against the democratic mayor, perhaps one more person can be convinced to vote for Trump, someone who doesn't think things through on their own.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:16 PM

334 posts, read 170,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
You know, this type of post is almost convincing. Then you consider someone like Trump as just being a "helpful guy" and you remember him deciding that no, he would not open back up enrollment for the ACA once covid hit because, well....because! And you have to ask just how "helpful" is Trump really wanting to be? So letting people enroll in healthcare is a big no-no outside of open enrollment weeks, but bringing in the big guns into a democratic town is so very helpful! Reducing unemployment benefits is being a helpful guy! Denying a second stimulus for the little guy, a measely thousand bucks, is too much to ask. Who he's trying to kid? Do you really believe what you type?
You know, here we go...didn’t say Trump is a helpful guy. Lighthead and Fixx not even trying to stop this in their jurisdiction is enough.

Why aren’t other cities seeing Chicago’s out of control mayhem if Trump is the blame all? Chicago’s not the only city dealing with the ACA, unemployment etc as you state, Trump is the president of all 50 states after all.

Why isn’t Detroit or Cleveland for example seeing the chaos Chicago is?

Old 08-14-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
The on the fence swing voter must be groomed you know! If there's enough noise against the democratic mayor, perhaps one more person can be convinced to vote for Trump, someone who doesn't think things through on their own.
Chicago and Illinois are voting for Biden, I mean Harris, so local pol bashing to sway republican votes in cook county ain’t gonna do it. Do people make their Pres voting decisions based on Democrat local city mayors?

Why hasn’t Lighthead gotten this under control...and the skyrocketing gun violence. What are your thoughts on Kim Fixx?

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-14-2020 at 04:29 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 04:23 PM

84 posts, read 47,157 times
Quote:
You know, here we go...
I rest my case, same thread over and over. Seriously, start a thread which lays out the plan to success. Detroit, Cleveland doing well? Seriously? 10 seconds on a Google news search could debunk that. Besides they sucked so bad before no one would notice if they were looted

Old 08-14-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I live very close to these areas. I have been on this planet long enough to know that no one is prepared for what we are seeing. Also have seen this city and others rise and fall many times with a general trajectory upwards, kind of like the stock market. I am not naive enough to believe had we had a republican mayor with looting going on during a pandemic they would have had any better answers. So when a mass shooting or other tragedy occurs in a red city why is the mayor or pick your person never blamed. We live in a toxic country right now and it is not going to get any better until we all find some common ground and go after it. And I have no hope of that, see I can be negative too.

I can handle anything here just fine, just seems very repetitive, which is why I don't post a lot. 90% of the threads are all the same dialogue thinly disguised as a different thread. Groot this, Chicago sucks, race bait that, blah blah blah. Might as well have two threads:

Yes the occasional mass shooter that can take place anywhere line..one of these occasional mass shootings kill less than the average weekend in Chicago let alone a week or month.

Please remember if you’re out looking at the flowers tomorrow there’s a northbound dan Ryan blockade..for some reason, certainly nothing to do with that POS George Floyd.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:28 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,183,311 times
Quote:
Chicago and Illinois are voting for Biden, I mean Harris, so local pol bashing to sway republican votes in cook county ain’t gonna do it.

Why hasn’t Lighthead gotten this under control...and the skyrocketing gun violence. What are your thoughts on Kim Fixx?
Why would anyone in Illinois vote for a Democrat when we see what they have done to this city and state? See this is why I blame the voters here for the mess that is Chicago and Illinois FAR more than I blame the politicians or the BLM or anyone else

Old 08-14-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I rest my case, same thread over and over. Seriously, start a thread which lays out the plan to success. Detroit, Cleveland doing well? Seriously? 10 seconds on a Google news search could debunk that. Besides they sucked so bad before no one would notice if they were looted
Hmm, Detroit and Cleveland have been overrun by looters more thampn once this summer. Hell, Detroit had no trouble may 30. Why? Because the police were allowed to do their job, they didn’t stand down, unlike here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago