Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 04:35 PM

84 posts, read 47,156 times

Advertisements

Enjoy your life in Detroit or other Utopia of your choosing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 04:43 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkaboutcreek View Post
Enjoy your life in Detroit or other Utopia of your choosing.
On FB I saw someone suggest that Chicago should change the Welcome to Chicago signs to Welcome to the new Detroit!

Old 08-14-2020, 04:49 PM

I saw "someone on FB" say the internet was not real so I guess this whole thread is an illusion. A man can dream.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:30 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,071,757 times
Quote:
I actually live here unlike 99% of the haters in this forum and went for a drive this morning, saw people dining outside, walking in the sunshine, beautiful architecture, flowers in bloom and thought this ain't bad given the very real crap our Federal "leader" has dealt us all. Look for negativity and ugliness you'll find it everywhere.

I just don't get why the Chicago forum is littered with people (mind you, a group we could count on one hand) who either hate it here or don't even live here who have nothing better to do than race bait, crap and be negative for hours on end. I know let's create the same basic thread over and over disguised with a slightly different title.

If you hate it here, leave, if you don't live here, stay away. What ever your utopia is, spend time in your fourm being positive and promoting it. Easy peasy. My god, what do you people leap out of bed every morning in your self proclaimed paradises where you live, take a crap and think now I can get busy on citydata slamming Chicago with lies and race baiting?

Get a life.
Says the guy looking to escape to Republican-led San Diego or Tampa.

It's OK if you don't want your Chicago property value to crash until you can get rid of it, I don't blame you. Until then everything's comin' up roses (wink, wink). Nothing to see here, move along.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:52 PM

Not an escape, just want better weather. Not political (where I live is not based on politics, though with health issues I'd advise anyone it matters) but health reasons require better weather. Also doesn't mean wanting to live somewhere else means one does not like where they are at or there are no faults to where one is going, just like here, I see faults and positives. Easy enough to understand, it's a complex world not best served by simple attacks. Simpletons are a bore.

Last edited by Walkaboutcreek; 08-14-2020 at 06:02 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 09:42 PM

334 posts, read 170,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Why would anyone in Illinois vote for a Democrat when we see what they have done to this city and state? See this is why I blame the voters here for the mess that is Chicago and Illinois FAR more than I blame the politicians or the BLM or anyone else
Can’t argue with this.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:55 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,071,757 times
Quote:
Not an escape, just want better weather. Not political (where I live is not based on politics, though with health issues I'd advise anyone it matters) but health reasons require better weather. Also doesn't mean wanting to live somewhere else means one does not like where they are at or there are no faults to where one is going, just like here, I see faults and positives. Easy enough to understand, it's a complex world not best served by simple attacks. Simpletons are a bore.
Just funnin' with ya, Pal. Good Luck to you wherever you go, wish we could share a moving truck, LOL.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:10 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
I live very close to these areas. I have been on this planet long enough to know that no one is prepared for what we are seeing. Also have seen this city and others rise and fall many times with a general trajectory upwards, kind of like the stock market. .
So how many times have you seen Chicago (and others) rise & fall exactly?

You’re in your 40s.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:32 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,469,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
Hmm, Detroit and Cleveland have been overrun by looters more thampn once this summer. Hell, Detroit had no trouble may 30. Why? Because the police were allowed to do their job, they didn’t stand down, unlike here.
Honestly though, there's not a hell of a lot left to loot or destroy in Detroit.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:01 AM

1,052 posts, read 453,184 times
Chicago needs another tough on riots Mayor Daley. Likewise, New York could use another Rudy. I hope these riots and unrest cause the good people of these cities to vote differently but in today's hyper woke environment I won't hold my breath...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago