Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 09:25 AM

85 posts, read 95,069 times

Advertisements

Heard this on the radio today. Any truth to this? If so, when will authorities step up and enforce the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 09:49 AM

Do these BLM's want a more progressive mayor or governor? They need to vocalize their demands better. I do see their demand for consumer goods. There is a seemingly insatiable appetite for that. On the other hand, I see their total lack of support for their own people. It seems like blacks in general don't think black lives matter. Black on black murder goes almost unreported in the Chicago MSM. Lori has done little if anything to curtail or offer solutions to this systemic problem.

I think BLM is a group lacking any real solutions other than fundraising for the Democrat party which (see above) has failed them as they have been in charge of these cities and states for over 50 years. 50+ years of progressive rule.

Not my problem.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:53 AM

495 posts, read 193,276 times
It's true. They are closing down north-bound Dan Ryan.

I have no idea why CPD and the State Police are allowing this to happen.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:14 AM

1,803 posts, read 937,670 times
I would rather see them walking a closed down expressway then downtown Chicago even ever again till this current awful era and hopefully just a year is over. Whoever wins this election I do not look forward too. I hope we can overcome our demons of strife and extremism. If not ...... we might see this Nation be its own worst enemy and reach a point of nor return in imploding.

Downtown is basically in lockdown anyway. How busy will the Dan Ryan even be at this point? Better then destroying property despite neither should happen.

I watched the movie yesterday called - Divergent from 2014 that was filmed and took place in Chicago of the future where the world had some disaster with somehow Chicago had some aspects of it survived and is portrayed as the core and some surrounding abodes left with a barbed wall around what is left of the city and some new order of class factions of 5 groups created as a means of civility that still cracked due to fear and still the usual reasons for failure. A partly dried up Lake Michigan and river a trickle.

Some aspects of that Extremism could throw this Nation into, even if the rest of the world survives our fall as the Nation that was to be the Best and Last Democracy more then any of today's Nations.

I have also seen other movies of post Apocalypse movies of division of the this Nation into regions of fighting militias. All seem to point to this current era of extremism going into a worst case scenario.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:19 AM

148 posts, read 122,310 times
Our plan to leave Illinois early next year gets more appealing by the day. As if there weren’t enough reasons to ditch this state.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:32 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
I would rather see them walking a closed down expressway then downtown Chicago even ever again till this current awful era and hopefully just a year is over. Whoever wins this election I do not look forward too. I hope we can overcome our demons of strife and extremism. If not ...... we might see this Nation be its own worst enemy and reach a point of nor return in imploding.

Downtown is basically in lockdown anyway. How busy will the Dan Ryan even be at this point? Better then destroying property despite neither should happen.
I completely agree with you.
As for those movies, it's not a chicago thing, it's a writer with insight into our selfish nature.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:36 AM

1,694 posts, read 1,276,763 times
Arizonan here. Just completed a cross-country road trip from AZ to northern Michigan. Made a pit stop in Chicago because my little guy wanted to see the Willis Tower. My God, what has happened to your city? I was genuinely sad by what I saw. Trash everywhere on the side of the freeways, homeless camps everywhere, boarded up businesses, etc, etc, etc. Growing up in MI, I was in Chicago at least a few times a year - always wanted to live there, actually. Now I'm glad I never saw that through.

Not trying to crap on your city, but I just don't understand what has happened. I am shocked by what I witnessed.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:53 AM

I would say that elections have consequences. The people of Chicago got what they voted for. Under Rahm Emmanuel or Daly, you didn't see this. Chicago was kept clean and law and order was enforced.

Chicago needs to recall Lightfoot and replace her with someone who values law and order.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:58 AM

30 posts, read 24,222 times
Default Why on the Ryan?

There's nothing to loot on the xpway!

Old 08-14-2020, 01:46 PM

Maybe they can pull people out of their vehicles and smash cinder blocks on them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago