Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2023, 07:18 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
I wonder if those 8 people will vote Democrat again? Probably.
yes, they will and then continue to cry about the results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2023, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 3,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Because people don't get robbed in cities with republican mayors?

Chicago doesn't even get a mayoral choice of party, ever.
We do. They're pretend-Democrats. Aka undercover Republicans.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:46 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palafin View Post
Here's a deep question. We know there's 3 big areas where Chicago police officers live. They generally are, O'hare neighborhood, west or southwest of Midway, and the Mt. Greenwood/Morgan Park/Beverly neighborhoods.

But where in Lincoln Park / Lakeview do a lotta CPD officers live? Or better yet what could be the next biggest areas that CPD lives outside the above listed 3. Those 3 areas are also where English/Irish police officers live, where do Italian police officers live?
I'm not sure if they live in the west part of Lincoln Park? Where per earlier 2023 election map precinct results, 43rd ward aldermember Tim Knudsen's challenger(Brian Comer) got most of his votes. That said usually I've heard Edison Park, Norwood Park, and Mount Greenwood were the more cop heavy(and city worker) neighborhoods. I suspect the neighborhoods west of Midway Airport(i.e. Garfield Ridge) might be more cop and city worker heavy, too.

Old 07-09-2023, 04:09 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOTfan View Post
He stated with glee from the south of Italy.
You know, news from Chicago concerning crime is regularly covered by national Italian media, at least once a week. They say it’s because they still feel responsible for Italians like Al Capone causing the first major crime wave in Chicago back in the day giving Chicago its reputation that lasts even today. Then there was this Cabrini who opened up a public housing project which brought decades of crime. Italians and Chicago certainly have a history together.

Old 07-09-2023, 08:47 AM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
So, the tally for the 4th of July weekend is 14 killed and 65 wounded: link to Heyjackass. One homicide less than last year.
That's a real improvement since July 4 weekend was only three days last year.

Old 07-09-2023, 11:21 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
If there are Italian police officers, they probably live near Galewood, or somewhere near the border of Elmwood Park up to the Harlem Irving Plaza area. Far Northwest area of the city, as far as you can go without being in Schiller Park or Franklin Park or River Grove.

Old 07-12-2023, 08:16 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Did they ever upgrade charges against the "joyriding" teens that killed the baby in a car accident and Kim Foxx charged them with a misdemeanor?

Can't find anything on it almost 3 months since last update where they were giving the family the run-around saying it was still being investigated (the police said otherwise).

https://www.nbc15.com/2023/04/26/fam...inst-suspects/

That 14 and 17 year old must have some powerful family connections.

Old 07-18-2023, 07:10 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Did they ever upgrade charges against the "joyriding" teens that killed the baby in a car accident and Kim Foxx charged them with a misdemeanor?

Can't find anything on it almost 3 months since last update where they were giving the family the run-around saying it was still being investigated (the police said otherwise).

https://www.nbc15.com/2023/04/26/fam...inst-suspects/

That 14 and 17 year old must have some powerful family connections.
Clearly residents that have their toddler killed by teenage joyriders will need to be related to a Daley, Chuy or other "non peon" resident to get any justice from a politically connected prosecutor.

You know, justice for me but not for thee.

Oh well, this falls in line with CHicago history (yes I lived there) where the mayors nephew can kill a guy on the sidewalk and have CPD alter witness reports etc.

Just seems wierd to me that so many people can identify corruption in CPD but then suffer amnesia when it comes to (non) prosecution and so forth.

Oh well. That's Chicago, I'm only pointing out the denial of reality by some and honestly that goes across the political spectrum. Some defend cops no matter what and others turn a blind eye to it.

Old 07-24-2023, 06:51 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Good morning,

I saw a 64-year-old man was shot and in critical condition after an argument by a man "known by police."

The shooting was in the Forest Glen neighborhood (Cicero Avenue and Strong Street), around 12:30 p.m.

Isolated incident, in the sense that you don't hear too often about acts of violence to that level in the Forest Glen neighborhood.

Concerning, nonetheless.

I'm just sharing because when I read that article, it stuck out a bit for me......

Old 07-26-2023, 04:07 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Yikes, Armed Robbery in Edison Park?!?

Catalytic converter stolen in the morning; sunny out and cars driving by.

Anyone else hear about this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago