Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 04:10 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Yes it does, it's in the bottom 10% of U.S. cities in terms of safety.
It's more dangerous than both NYC and Los Angeles, which is why there's an exodus of people trying to get the hell out. Even companies are starting to leave, Tyson Foods is the latest to announce they're leaving Chicago.

And then you have to take into account that the left-wing buffoons running Chicago (and Illinois) are doubling down on their stupidity. Get ready for "No Bail" policies to take effect, meaning that most arrested criminals will be immediately released from jail after being processed:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/illinoi...xx-11670612626

Chicago is a great city with a nice aesthetic, but unfortunately it's filled with criminals and left-wing morons who refuse to lock those criminals up. Those are the two main issues with Chicago, criminals and lefty buffoons. Get rid of those two and Chicago could be America's top city.
I really could not agree more

Old 12-29-2022, 05:44 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,898,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I have to disagree. I've never heard of Chicago's sports teams getting bashed. Even if so, it's not widespread at all and not in a vitriolic way. I can't think of any Chicago sports team that outsiders dislike or "bash." I think that is the least of Chicago's problems, as it relates to image/perception from outsiders.
Sorry, but the win/loss figures don't lie. And they are not looking good for any of the teams. Chicago critics are right on the nose here. Of course, they will come back. They always have.

Old 12-29-2022, 06:11 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Sorry, but the win/loss figures don't lie. And they are not looking good for any of the teams. Chicago critics are right on the nose here. Of course, they will come back. They always have.
I don’t thinking you’re following what I was responding to. I wasn’t saying Chicago’s sports teams aren’t bad. I was responding to the poster who said that everyone is now “bashing” Chicago’s sports teams like they bash the city about crime. Few people “hate or bash” Chicago’s sports teams. Certainly not to the level the city is “bashed” about crime. That’s what I was trying to convey.

Old 12-30-2022, 01:54 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Really?

Old 12-30-2022, 11:22 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
The First, Hello,

THAT is why I JUST visit! I have no idea why anyone would actually want to LIVE there!

Lol. you are so right.

Old 12-31-2022, 12:53 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
glass_of_merlot

Nooooooooooooo. You know me! I was Just Kidding!

Old 12-31-2022, 02:18 AM

7,246 posts, read 5,117,125 times
First, read Freud's treatise on Play Theory and Thanatopic Desire, then get back to us.

The Woke Crowd grew up in the'burbs, then moves to the city as part of a coming-of-age ritual to prove their worthiness. The poor live there because that's where the jobs they can handle are. The rich live there because they don't stay there much.

...and BTW-- I became a Packers fan in 1959 when the Cardinals left town....No way I was going to switch to the Bears. They suck just like the Cubs do. My father told me so. Anybody here gunna call my Pa a liar?

Old 12-31-2022, 08:29 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,123,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
First, read Freud's treatise on Play Theory and Thanatopic Desire, then get back to us.

The Woke Crowd grew up in the'burbs, then moves to the city as part of a coming-of-age ritual to prove their worthiness. The poor live there because that's where the jobs they can handle are. The rich live there because they don't stay there much.

...and BTW-- I became a Packers fan in 1959 when the Cardinals left town....No way I was going to switch to the Bears. They suck just like the Cubs do. My father told me so. Anybody here gunna call my Pa a liar?

Freud would tell you to change your saw blade just about now, and cut ties with your Ma and Pa.

Old 12-31-2022, 11:44 AM

63 posts, read 34,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Yes it does, it's in the bottom 10% of U.S. cities in terms of safety.
It's more dangerous than both NYC and Los Angeles, which is why there's an exodus of people trying to get the hell out. Even companies are starting to leave, Tyson Foods is the latest to announce they're leaving
Funny anecdote, but in the Tyson scenario all of those employees were offered to relocate to Arkansas. 90% declined. Chicagos business scene is doing quite well. Chase has added thousands of positions to Chicago over the past couple of years, Google purchased the Thompson Center and is planning to expand their presence here, Citadel is keeping most of their operations here despite giving the CEO his Florida semi retirement. A friend of mine works at Citadel and was telling me they’re having a hard time getting existing people to relocate to Miami. One of the high profile exoduses recently was Highland Ventures, and come to find out they’re moving like 50 jobs to Nashville? As a younger while collar worker I’m just not seeing the opportunity exodus, I’m seeing a lot more growth in high paying work than anything.

Old 12-31-2022, 08:18 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,429 times
Florida has been a destination for Chicago seniors retiring as long as I can remember, like back into at least the 50's. My grandparents retired to Miami as did nearly all my relatives and those of all I knew back in the day. It's by NO means a haven for all the conservatives. Most of Chicago isn't so how in the world does someone come up with that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago