Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:36 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post

That still doesn't address the question. It appears like you just get a kick out of trying to talk down to me from your lofty perch.

There are many people who have made these same claims that Ilene Wright has made, yet their conclusions about God differ from hers.

How can Ilene (or you, presuming your conclusions about God agree with hers) establish the superiority of your claims to know what God thinks over the claims of these others who hold different conclusions?
I have decades of contact with the consciousness that is our God and there is nothing but joy, love and acceptance, period. If you open yourself to it within you and recognize the truth of it (we are never alone or without love) . . . it will take over your life. It changed mine dramatically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Since you are in such regular communication with Him, perhaps you can ask Him a few things for me....whaddya think?
Perhaps . . . but they must pertain to your spiritual development and be framed as "Yes/No" questions. No worldly concerns . . . we have absolute Dominion over the earth and whatever we have produced in our collective ignorance. I doubt that is what you had in mind, though . . . and unless you personally are in contact to receive the answers unambiguously . . . it isn't going to have the same impact coming from me.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Perhaps . . . but they must pertain to your spiritual development and be framed as "Yes/No" questions. No worldly concerns . . . we have absolute Dominion over the earth and whatever we have produced in our collective ignorance. I doubt that is what you had in mind, though . . . and unless you personally are in contact to receive the answers unambiguously . . . it isn't going to have the same impact coming from me.
Why will He speak to you only about matters of my "spiritual development" and in Yes/No form? Did you two have a row?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Why will He speak to you only about matters of my "spiritual development" and in Yes/No form? Did you two have a row?
God doesn't speak . . . it is all non-verbal (images and sensations). This is why the prophetic "inspirations" were so poorly received and interpreted by our earlier ignorant primitive ancestors. (Imagine the futility of using language with your unborn child while it is still in the womb). God's concern is with our spiritual development (the character of the consciousness we produce) while we are "spiritual embryos still in the womb." Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God doesn't speak . . . it is all non-verbal (images and sensations). This is why the prophetic "inspirations" were so poorly received and interpreted by our earlier ignorant primitive ancestors. (Imagine the futility of using language with your unborn child while it is still in the womb). God's concern is with our spiritual development (the character of the consciousness we produce) while we are "spiritual embryos still in the womb." Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Moses and St. Paul both said different. I think I will stick with them!

Blessings

Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Moses and St. Paul both said different. I think I will stick with them!
Blessings
Clearly my first 30+ years as an atheist must have shut off the audible channels to God, then. I certainly make no claim to be another Moses or St. Paul. God Bless, Mystic

Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
June, did you get your question answered to your satisfaction?

My goodness, after 60 pages of argumentative debate, June honestly has no idea!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
There are a few non-believers who read this forum, as far as I can see, but they read it not to learn but to laugh at Christians, with one or two exceptions. I suspect the non-Christian readership is pretty small.
This ^ is simply not true. There are actually a good number of nonbelievers that read threads on this forum. There have actually been a (albeit, small) handful who have become believers as a result. One isn't always aware of who is reading, but not posting. What is the case is that (more often than not) the nonbelievers encounter all the in-fighting, and turn away...Something that has always been somewhat intruiging to June, as it would seem contrary to alienate the very population you all claim to most want to reach....

Interesting...

Quote:
June,

I don't know a single orthodox Christian (whether Protestant or Catholic) who sees "The Message" as anything other than a very seductive and dangerous distortion of God's Word. It is a New Age (Gnostic) book, not a Christian one.
Isn't it somewhat interesting that a book like "The Message" could actually draw the reading attention of an atheist? June, quite frankly, isn't looking to take her own thread "off topic" but let's face it: at this point, it's gone so far down stream that despite her having written the OP, she's having a difficult time even remembering what the original topic was!....

Her point is this: June could care less how discredited "The Message" is. She reads it. She likes it. Would it be preferable that she not read ANY sort of "bible" at all?

Think about it...

Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Default June's final decision:

June may have started this OP, but the disconnect she feels from it after all the pages, pages, pages that somehow inadvertently led into even more of a UR vs. ET debate is something that she supposes has answered her question; has proven her point.

June's thinking that Christianity is just too contentious. That's rather sad. But it tends to reinforce the nonbeliever's nonbelief, as all that truly comes through is....Arguing.

In large part, June's point in posting this thread was to ask whether there isn't something more, beyond the whole ET versus UR debate? Isn't there more to being a Christian than desperately trying to establish that it is "my view vs. your view and I am right and you are wrong?" --How, under such circumstances, is anyone to genuinelly understand, let alone align oneself with your belief and faith?

June's thinking that if she ever became a "believer" (.....) that she would have to resort to her own "June denomination." Perhaps, therein, rests part of the solution: "The Gospel According to June." (Just kidding, folks, just kidding...)

--But heaven help June if that ever happened and it made sense, as June would exist soley on her own little one-person denominational ice flow...How sad. But this much June does know: If that ever happened, June's thinking that she'd simply misguidedly decide that she was going to heaven, and she'd take her chances....It's not like June would have anything to lose. -All the while reading "The Message," holding her breath, and simply hoping for the best!

Poor June. What a little silly one she is.

Maybe....

Take gentle care.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:06 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
--But heaven help June if that ever happened and it made sense, as June would exist soley on her own little one-person denominational ice flow...

June... If that ever did happen...
I'd more than likely wave at you from mine and say "Hey June, welcome to the club". (I'd probably toss a little birdseed your way too to keep ya warm.)

peace friend,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity