Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

George Elerick: "The ancient Jews believed that justice itself was judgment, that rather than pointing the finger or commercializing someone else's sins all over the tabloids, we should promote justice. Let me explain..."

The rest of the article is here: Do Christians Have a Right to Judge the World?
Yes, Christians are required to judge, people who say otherwise do not know scripture or misquote scripture. Like "Judge not lest ye be Judged"! Christians should judge and if so say, I can judge because I have judged myself first and have made myself perfect before God. I have pulled the beam out of my own eye, so now I can pull the mote out of your eye.

"Do you not know that you shall judge the Angels, how much more earthly things?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 12:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes, Christians are required to judge, people who say otherwise do not know scripture or misquote scripture. Like "Judge not lest ye be Judged"! Christians should judge and if so say, I can judge because I have judged myself first and have made myself perfect before God. I have pulled the beam out of my own eye, so now I can pull the mote out of your eye.

"Do you not know that you shall judge the Angels, how much more earthly things?"

You made yourself perfect before God?

Judge and you will be judged, condemn and you will be condemned. Judge not and you will not be judged, condemn not and you will not be condemned. Judge others and you will be judged in the same manner that you have judged others ...

Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM

595 posts, read 762,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
If one searches the meaning of "judge", one will see that it means to form an opinion via careful evaluation, to estimate, to make a determination, etc. Now, if we see a brother doing something that we know will either cause them to stumble or is causing them to stumble, are we not beholden to go to that brother and with a compassionate spirit, help them whichever way possible to get through their situation?

We make judgement calls every day of our lives. How else can we decide what and how to say or do something? What Jesus is talking about in the "judging not, lest you be judged" statement is making a judgement call of an ecclesiastical nature, i.e., who is going to spend eternity separated from God or who will sit with Him for all eternity. We are all called to determine/judge people and their situations every day to benefit them but a condemnation or determination of a person's place in the eternal scheme of things is only for God Almighty to decide.
The Lord is with you, Thank You.
Luke 12:57 "Why don't you judge for yourselves what is right?
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
Mark 8:33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
John the Baptist had told Herod his sin
Jesus told the Saducees and Pharisees and the High Priests what they were doing.
John 4: Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband. 18The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true." 21Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

25The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." 26Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 06-30-2010, 12:37 PM

We can see from this thread that many Christians in fact believe themselves worthy and think that it is their duty to judge others.

Traditional Fundamental Christianity is full of hypocritical judgmental spiritual terrorists.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
being judgemental is bad, lack of judgement is worse.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
We can see from this thread that many Christians in fact believe themselves worthy and think that it is their duty to judge others.

Traditional Fundamental Christianity is full of hypocritical judgmental spiritual terrorists.
Do you read the Bible? Did you read any of the links? The Bible TELLS us to judge. You really should read up on it before you judge others for judging. That's hypocritical right there.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Do you read the Bible? Did you read any of the links? The Bible TELLS us to judge. You really should read up on it before you judge others for judging. That's hypocritical right there.
Wrong ...

MY father was a preacher for most of my life, and i began reading the bible when i was six years old. I have been studying the scriptures for over 30 years ...

The scriptures tell us that we will be judges, that we will judge when we have put on immortality and after we have put off the corrupt flesh that ails us now ... And the scriptures tell us that we should judge ourselves lest we be judged by God. Also we are to judge affairs and fruit now, not other people.

Jesus plainly said, if you judge others, you will be judged in the manner that you judge others, and if do not condemn others, you will not be condemned. If you choose to believe that it is your job to judge others and believe in your heart that they are condemned, then you are already under condemnation yourself.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
"Judge others for judging"? ... That is funny!

No my only judgment is of the fruit of others and not of them personally. I know that God is working in the lives of all people, and i believe in fact that no one will be for ever condemned, but only live under condemnation so long as they do not understand the truth of the law of liberty in Christ.

I condemn no one, and i will not be condemned.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Wrong ...

MY father was a preacher for most of my life, and i began reading the bible when i was six years old. I have been studying the scriptures for over 30 years ...

The scriptures tell us that we will be judges, that we will judge when we have put on immortality and after we have put off the corrupt flesh that ails us now ... And the scriptures tell us that we should judge ourselves lest we be judged by God. Also we are to judge affairs and fruit now, not other people.

Jesus plainly said, if you judge others, you will be judged in the manner that you judge others, and if do not condemn others, you will not be condemned. If you choose to believe that it is your job to judge others and believe in your heart that they are condemned, then you are already under condemnation yourself.
I find it hilarious that you are telling me not to judge yet you are judging me. That's okay with me

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?
Is It Right to Judge?

If you don't like it, take it up with God.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I find it hilarious that you are telling me not to judge yet you are judging me.

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?
Is It Right to Judge?

If you don't like it, take it up with God.
You cannot remove the log in your own eye unless you commit suicide ...

So long as you live in that corrupt flesh which covers your bones, you will have something in your eye. A mote becomes a log is when you begin to judge and condemn others ...

We are all hypocrites, none are righteous, let every man be a liar and only God be true. You are a hypocrite, just like me ...

Of course some sin more in one area of weakness and others in another, but we all return to our own vomit like dogs.

You think more highly of yourself than you should.

The only good that we do is what God does in us when he works within us to will and to do his good pleasure.

Our own personal works that derive from our own selves are as filthy rags to God.

I do not judge others or condemn others though i do judge and condemn actions and words.

I believe you will be saved, just like everyone else, regardless of where you are in your life at this time.

Most traditional fundamentalist Christians are among the most self righteous people i have ever met, and i have been around the block more than once ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity