Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times

Advertisements

Would you all get off of Betsey's back? She's doing what is right for her. Thrillobyte it never ceases to amaze me how you keep coming back time after time with the same old threads about the rapture and how silly it is......now who do you think is the one that's obsessed? I think you want it to be true so badly but it hasn't happened like you wanted it to so now you mock it and those who still believe in it. Isn't there anything else on your mind that you could start a thread about? Doesn't look that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Would you all get off of Betsey's back? She's doing what is right for her. Thrillobyte it never ceases to amaze me how you keep coming back time after time with the same old threads about the rapture and how silly it is......now who do you think is the one that's obsessed? I think you want it to be true so badly but it hasn't happened like you wanted it to so now you mock it and those who still believe in it. Isn't there anything else on your mind that you could start a thread about? Doesn't look that way.
Yeah, if people want to believe in the rapture - what is that to me? I don't think it is hurting anyone.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
The entire church is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 and returns to the earth with Christ at His second coming as per Revelation 19:11-14. The entire church is in Heaven by way of the rapture. John 14:2-3 speaks of the rapture as does 1 Thess 4:13-17.

Readers, don't allow people like the character who started this thread to confuse or upset you. She gets her jollies by coming onto the forum from time to time to try to discredit the rapture by trying to discredit Hal Lindsey and others who teach it. She can't get it through her head that the Scriptures clearly show the rapture.

People who deny the rapture also tend to deny the dispensational nature of God's plan. They quite simply don't know what they are talking about.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
Hal can be really snarky,esp. when he talks about politics.what is the value in getting angry if he really thinks he's not going to be around to see all it play out? and how would voting republican and getting the dems out really change all of that,if it's God's will?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The entire church is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 and returns to the earth with Christ at His second coming as per Revelation 19:11-14. The entire church is in Heaven by way of the rapture. John 14:2-3 speaks of the rapture as does 1 Thess 4:13-17.

Readers, don't allow people like the character who started this thread to confuse or upset you. She gets her jollies by coming onto the forum from time to time to try to discredit the rapture by trying to discredit Hal Lindsey and others who teach it. She can't get it through her head that the Scriptures clearly show the rapture.

People who deny the rapture also tend to deny the dispensational nature of God's plan. They quite simply don't know what they are talking about.
Mike,
Have you considered practicing saying what you believe without insulting and condemning others? Do you have the capacity to do that? You really should try working on your communication skills. Courtesy goes a long way.

Heartsong

Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

No one has to discredit Hal, Mike 555. He's already discredited himself ten times over. How many bad calls on the date of the rapture has he made? How many marriages and divorces? Notice the inverse correlation between his age and the age of his next wife i.e. the older he gets the younger the next Mrs. Lindsey gets---like he's using his wives as some kind of youth serum? Notice he doesn't make date calls any more? Want to know why? Because his book sales were falling off after each failed date. Now if you were raking in all that cash and noticed a direct link between a bad call and a drop in your royalty check what would you do? What about his questionable relationship with Zondervan and DTS? Wouldn't his obvious shady character call into question his qualifications to be listened to by anyone??????????

You, too have drunk the kool-aid, Mike---bought into the rapture myth hook, line and sinker as is evident from the movie scenario you laid out in the other thread, and all from prophecy gurus who, not surprisingly, are millionaires every one because they all write the exact same rapture plot line you just spelled out. I mean, how much more obvious does it have to get----how much clearer does the evidence have to be before someone finally snaps out of it and says, "Hey, these guys are a bunch of charlatans, shysters and scammers and I'm not going to give them another dime?" The gullibility and naivite among some Christians is truly breath-taking, despite Jesus' admonition to be "meek as lambs and wise as serpents". It's no wonder most Christians who follow this rapture foolishness are poor as church mice.

It's all fiction, Mike, like a cheap, dime-store sci-fi novel being written over and over and over and over yet again, discredited soooo many times it's shocking people still fall for it after ten thousand bad calls over the centuries. I can see we need a thread that de-constructs the rupture and shows how over the succeeding decades this heresy built up to where it is.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You forgot, "FINAL ANSWER!" (or is that Betsy?)

Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Mike,
Have you considered practicing saying what you believe without insulting and condemning others? Do you have the capacity to do that? You really should try working on your communication skills. Courtesy goes a long way.

Heartsong
I don't make wishy washy statements such as 'well, maybe its this' or maybe its that', or 'well maybe its the other thing.' My statements are based on the word of God and I am dogmatic about it.

And you can thank the moderators that I am not exceedingly more insulting than I am. If my posts bother you, then avoid my posts.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No one has to discredit Hal, Mike 555. He's already discredited himself ten times over. How many bad calls on the date of the rapture has he made? How many marriages and divorces? Notice the inverse correlation between his age and the age of his next wife i.e. the older he gets the younger the next Mrs. Lindsey gets---like he's using his wives as some kind of youth serum? Notice he doesn't make date calls any more? Want to know why? Because his book sales were falling off after each failed date. Now if you were raking in all that cash and noticed a direct link between a bad call and a drop in your royalty check what would you do? What about his questionable relationship with Zondervan and DTS? Wouldn't his obvious shady character call into question his qualifications to be listened to by anyone??????????

You, too have drunk the kool-aid, Mike---bought into the rapture myth hook, line and sinker as is evident from the movie scenario you laid out in the other thread, and all from prophecy gurus who, not surprisingly, are millionaires every one because they all write the exact same rapture plot line you just spelled out. I mean, how much more obvious does it have to get----how much clearer does the evidence have to be before someone finally snaps out of it and says, "Hey, these guys are a bunch of charlatans, shysters and scammers and I'm not going to give them another dime?" The gullibility and naivite among some Christians is truly breath-taking, despite Jesus' admonition to be "meek as lambs and wise as serpents". It's no wonder most Christians who follow this rapture foolishness are poor as church mice.

It's all fiction, Mike, like a cheap, dime-store sci-fi novel being written over and over and over and over yet again, discredited soooo many times it's shocking people still fall for it after ten thousand bad calls over the centuries. I can see we need a thread that de-constructs the rupture and shows how over the succeeding decades this heresy built up to where it is.
Are you so hung up on Hal Lindsey that you can't see for yourself what the scriptures teach? I have already shown you the raptured church in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8. You understand NOTHING about the dispensational nature of God's plan. The threads of dispensations run all through the Bible. And the event which terminates the dispensation of the church is the rapture.

For the benefit of whoever may be interested, here is an old thread which introduces the subject of dispensations.

Dispensations In The Bible

Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yeah, if people want to believe in the rapture - what is that to me? I don't think it is hurting anyone.
The only thing that is bothersome is that so many Christians shun the goal of overcoming and having Christ formed within them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity