Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times

Advertisements

I was a fly on the wall of a boardroom of Light My Fire Christian publishers the other day where the best-selling Christian author Hulk Lindsley had just inked a deal for his 35th book on the rapture, "The Late, Not-So-Great Planet Earth". Light My Fire Publishers were in a world of financial trouble. Their lavish living--parties on yachts in the Mediterranean, "business" meetings at the finest resorts around the world, vacation mansion in the Caribbean---had taken its toll on the company's bank account and they needed a bestseller quick. Landing Hulk was a coup of the most extreme fortune and they were ecstatic. After Lindsley had left the boardroom a conversation started among the board members. One thing that struck me odd was that even in real life the members talk in King James language. Here's an answer to a question put to the CEO of LMF Publishers about how they were going to extricate themselves from financial ruin. Note the similarities to Daniel's 70 week prophecy:

Quote:
CFO: From whence commeth our loot, PJ?
CEO: Know and understand this: from the going forth of the decree to restore and rebuild our coffers until the anointed one, the author we've just signed writes his bestseller will be 7 weeks and 62 weeks. The book shall be written, but in times of trouble for us. After the 62 sevens if the author doesn't have a bestseller he will be cut off and will have nothing. And the people of the creditors who will follow will come and destroy our offices and building with a flood of bills. Lawsuits will continue, and until the book is delivered desolations are determined. And he will confirm the contract with the many for one week. And in the midst of that week he will put an end to the bills and the lawsuits. And in a wing of our building he will deliver a bestseller that will stop the abomination of desolation and until the end scads of money will be poured out on him.
I found the conversation very heartening, knowing that even if these guys live like the devil, at least they talk like an angel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I was a fly on the wall of a boardroom of Light My Fire Christian publishers the other day where the best-selling Christian author Hulk Lindsley had just inked a deal for his 35th book on the rapture, "The Late, Not-So-Great Planet Earth". Light My Fire Publishers were in a world of financial trouble. Their lavish living--parties on yachts in the Mediterranean, "business" meetings at the finest resorts around the world, vacation mansion in the Caribbean---had taken its toll on the company's bank account and they needed a bestseller quick. Landing Hulk was a coup of the most extreme fortune and they were ecstatic. After Lindsley had left the boardroom a conversation started among the board members. One thing that struck me odd was that even in real life the members talk in King James language. Here's an answer to a question put to the CEO of LMF Publishers about how they were going to extricate themselves from financial ruin. Note the similarities to Daniel's 70 week prophecy:

I found the conversation very heartening, knowing that even if these guys live like the devil, at least they talk like an angel.
The moneychangers are in the temple--so what else is new?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Gossipping doesn't make you look any better.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:

Your unreasoning hatred of Hal Lindsey as well as other prophetic writers is so great that you deliberately resort to distorting his name. This only further serves to discredit you and show you for the kind of person you are.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your unreasoning hatred of Hal Lindsey as well as other prophetic writers is so great that you deliberately resort to distorting his name. This only further serves to discredit you and show you for the kind of person you are.
Oh, get a sense of humor, Mike! You pre-tribbers take everything so seriously. Lighten up, or Jesus will never be able to lift you off the ground when the rapture comes.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 07-01-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:

Quote:
CFO: From whence commeth our loot, PJ?
CEO: Know and understand this: from the going forth of the decree to restore and rebuild our coffers until the anointed one, the author we've just signed writes his bestseller will be 7 weeks and 62 weeks. The book shall be written, but in times of trouble for us. After the 62 sevens if the author doesn't have a bestseller he will be cut off and will have nothing. And the people of the creditors who will follow will come and destroy our offices and building with a flood of bills. Lawsuits will continue, and until the book is delivered desolations are determined. And he will confirm the contract with the many for one week. And in the midst of that week he will put an end to the bills and the lawsuits. And in a wing of our building he will deliver a bestseller that will stop the abomination of desolation and until the end scads of money will be poured out on him
LOL!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:

ROFL. Aye, aye, aye......It is all such horrible nonsense.

Quote:
Oh, get a sense of humor, Mike! You pre-tribbers take everything so seriously. Lighten up, or Jesus will never be able to lift you off the ground when the rapture comes.
You are quite witty, thrillobyte.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Lighten up, or Jesus will never be able to lift you off the ground when the rapture comes.
LOL
Jesus to Father: "Sir - we have a glitch"

Old 07-01-2010, 05:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:

LOL, good one.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:26 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
LOL
Jesus to Father: "Sir - we have a glitch"
Humor such as these keep me on stitches...just as spiritual stories make me drop tears in a jiffy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity