Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 04:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Only God can hear our prayers. The dead are not omniscient or omnipresent, just as the angels can not even hear our prayers.
In your opinion based on your interpretations of the Bible.

My interpretations tell me otherwise

To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
In your opinion based on your interpretations of the Bible.

My interpretations tell me otherwise

To each his own.
please show the scripture that taught you such. Or give your words in explanation. If not, you only mean to interfere With what is right and true. I have heard you speak on many other threads. You have many fruits of the spirit. But when it comes to vain imagination be careful. it was a fall of mine before I read the scripture.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
please show the scripture that taught you such. Or give your words in explanation. If not, you only mean to interfere With what is right and true. I have heard you speak on many other threads. You have many fruits of the spirit. But when it comes to vain imagination be careful. it was a fall of mine before I read the scripture.
I do enjoy imagination But do not employ it when it comes to God or anything spiritual.

Let's just suffice it to say that as a Catholic my interpretation of scripture won't exactly match yours.

Prayer is talking to God - it's communication - an attempt to draw near to him. It is also worship of him.

Do not allow yourself to be confused on this issue - Catholics pray/commune with the saints, including Mary, but we ONLY worship God.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 PM

I understand. just trying to help.
God bless guys.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I understand. just trying to help.
God bless guys.
He has, especially recently

I sincerely hope he blesses you too!

Old 09-24-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
He has, especially recently

I sincerely hope he blesses you too!
Cant keep up with them any more.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:19 PM

233 posts, read 374,309 times
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.c...irgin_mary.pdf

If you guys are serious about your arguments about Mary - I beg you to read this with a sincere prayerful heart. So much of this "forum" spatting is snide, prideful, and satanic. Some of the things said about Mary on this forum are said in such a snide sarcastic manner that don't even reflect original Protestant teachings.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:31 PM

Some mistakenly think that the Immaculate Conception refers to the miraculous conception
of Jesus in the womb of the Virgin Mary. That’s not correct. Jesus was indeed conceived
without any sin in the womb of Mary, but the Immaculate Conception refers to the
conception of Mary in the womb of her mother. From the very first instant of her creation,
she was preserved from any stain of original sin, which every other member of the human
race (except Jesus) inherits.
God preserved her without sin in view of the saving merits of Jesus Christ. It was done for
Mary because she had to be the uncursed and pure vessel which would carry the all-holy
God. In order to carry infinite holiness, Mary had to be holy from the first instant of her
creation.
I find this interesting. But there is no scripture referring to these teachings.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:33 PM

233 posts, read 374,309 times
Quote:
Some mistakenly think that the Immaculate Conception refers to the miraculous conception
of Jesus in the womb of the Virgin Mary. That’s not correct. Jesus was indeed conceived
without any sin in the womb of Mary, but the Immaculate Conception refers to the
conception of Mary in the womb of her mother. From the very first instant of her creation,
she was preserved from any stain of original sin, which every other member of the human
race (except Jesus) inherits.
God preserved her without sin in view of the saving merits of Jesus Christ. It was done for
Mary because she had to be the uncursed and pure vessel which would carry the all-holy
God. In order to carry infinite holiness, Mary had to be holy from the first instant of her
creation.
I find this interesting. But there is no scripture referring to these teachings.
Yes there are. Please read the link I just posted right before you.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:35 PM

229 posts, read 337,755 times
Nowhere in the bible, and never did Jesus, ever speak of Mary receiving such honor as done today. It would be inappropriate according to Jesus to go to Mary in prayer to pray for us. John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Many Christians like myself recognize Mary for who she was, selected by God for the purpose of birthing Jesus however it's true many venerate Mary out of tradition or sometimes unfortunately misapplying scripture. However we do well not to go off the traditions of men, (read Col 2:8), but cross examine using the bible, meditate on scriptures and pray over it to see why such a thought would displease God and even Jesus. I can't help but to think of the MANY scriptures of even angels who firmly rejected or refused any undue honor since while God is a loving God he also is spoken of as as a jealous God. Raising Mary up to any status beyond her past purpose is a form of idolatry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity