Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilene wright View Post
what in the imaginary hell are you talking about?

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 08:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God has "written in our hearts" and given us the Holy Spirit to understand what is written there.
Indeed, and I am trying to share with you what is written in my heart and in the Word Of God, because they are in sync, but you reject it.

I am not clamping my ears or shutting my eyes, I read the Bible with an open heart and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and NO ONE can tell me that what I read in the Word Of God, and what is confirmed to me in prayer is a lie. NO ONE.

You people can tell me all day long that I do not know God, and that Holy Spirit is not in me, and I don't know what love is, and my fruit is bad. All of those things you people have declared about me, but I DON"T CARE, because the Holy Spirit has assured me otherwise. It has assured me of my salvation, and of the truthfullness of the things I read in the Bible and feel in prayer. And you can tell me all day long that you have a higher understanding and the spirit has told you all these things about the falsehood of Christianity and the Bible, but again : I DON'T CARE. I will stick with my God, and you can keep yours.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed, and I am trying to share with you what is written in my heart and in the Word Of God, because they are in sync, but you reject it.

I am not clamping my ears or shutting my eyes, I read the Bible with an open heart and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and NO ONE can tell me that what I read in the Word Of God, and what is confirmed to me in prayer is a lie. NO ONE.

You people can tell me all day long that I do not know God, and that Holy Spirit is not in me, and I don't know what love is, and my fruit is bad. All of those things you people have declared about me, but I DON"T CARE, because the Holy Spirit has assured me otherwise. It has assured me of my salvation, and of the truthfullness of the things I read in the Bible and feel in prayer. And you can tell me all day long that you have a higher understanding and the spirit has told you all these things about the falsehood of Christianity and the Bible, but again : I DON'T CARE. I will stick with my God, and you can keep yours.
Christianty is not false . . . Bibleanity is. I know your heart is true, Finn . . . so I also know that deep within you do not truly believe that ET is just . . . but you chalk it up to not understanding God's ways or not understanding God's justice. The truth is that your inner knowing that it is not really just as you personally would see it . . . means you have nothing to be concerned about anyway. Love God and each other, avoid what violates those commands . . . and we have no real differences . . . except in our expectations for the fate of others.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:

The problem is when two people with opposing views say the exact same thing. One of you could be right, but both of you could be wrong.

In the case of fryhards Mike and Verna, they teach opposing viewpoints of scripture. Both will maintain that if you disagree with them, then you cannot be listening to the truth. So when it comes down to their point of view, either mike is going to burn in hell or verna is going to burn in hell, or both of them are wrong.

What people do not realize is that to say you are guided by the holy spirit and to say all you believe is correct then you cannot possibly have an open heart because the assertion is that you cannot be wrong about anything you say.

Then it become the slippery slope of pride, once you are taught to assert those things, you cannot admit you are wrong because to do so would mean to admit that weren't guided by the spirit.

This is a problem from any perspective. It then just becoimes a bunch of nonsense. I disagree with many things you believe, but that does NOT mean I disagree with God, it means I disagree with YOU.

Your arrogance will maintain that you speak Gods truth which blinds you to the humbleness of being able to realize when you are wrong.

I reserve the possibility that I am wrong, I also rest in the peace of Jesus Christ that being wrong is not the ridiculously henious crime that fryhards teach that it is.

What do you teach happens to me if I am wrong finn? What?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:26 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I remember hearing the stories of men in denial, going to the doctor because some one badgered them into it , and after the examination EKG exrays and such , the doctor delivers the diagnosis that he has a heart problem. But in his stubbbornness, he poo poo's it and leaves the office figuring the doctor is on the take, there is nothing wrong, later that nite he has a sevire pain in his chest and lites out.
Many people in this world prrefir denial , and making accusation, sitting on the out side .
we who believe and walk in it ,are in a little boat bobbing on the ocean to you , and you are in this big ship with all it comforts and volumes of people having a good time. Problem is the ship is the Titanic, and it is headed for desaster, and we who believe can see that, but the sound of all the noise on your ship is drownding out our warning , and frankly you are not really interested in leaving the ship.
Now many of us have been on that ship,and left it for the little boat, and we are dodging iceburgs along the way as we are shouting warning to those in the big ship, but the time will come when there will be no more warning.
God loves the world , but that love does not make him compromise His Holiness.
The god you prefir has n o back bone no righteousness no holiness and invites every one in, Hitler and Sadam and every one even you and best of all you have to do nothing to have his approval.
Whether you know he exists or not makes no difference , you don't even have to believe nor even obey him. You have been practicing his approval and influence simply in rebellion toward God of Heaven .
Satan doesn't make any one do any thing , people are drawn away of their own lust and enticed.
People that practice sins choose that influence over their lives, over God's influence. And choosing away from God's influence is choosing against Him . He does not need that in Heaven .
The bad example of many (believers ) tend to take God for granted, and while wearing the (christian)label still do things that prove otherwise, will be held accountable .
God is Just, and mercyful , we are not getting what we deserve, yet . there is still hope.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
What do you teach happens to me if I am wrong finn? What?
You say you believe in Christ, so you yourself are saved. The problem is those who believe what you say and do not accept Christ as their saviour. You may go to heaven, but those who listen to you may not. You just told someone today that it is better for him to remain atheist (rejecting Christ) than to become a believer. Well, if you are wrong, then you just convinced someone to NOT come to Christ and if you are wrong, then that person will end up in hell.

If I am wrong, and I teach people come to Christ, then they are saved whether or not there is a hell.

If you are wrong, and you teach people to remain atheist because everyone is saved anyway, and they will end up in hell because they listened to you.

You are accountable to God for telling people it is better to remain atheist.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You say you believe in Christ, so you yourself are saved. The problem is those who believe what you say and do not accept Christ as their saviour. You may go to heaven, but those who listen to you may not. You just told someone today that it is better for him to remain atheist (rejecting Christ) than to become a believer. Well, if you are wrong, then you just convinced someone to NOT come to Christ and if you are wrong, then that person will end up in hell.

If I am wrong, and I teach people come to Christ, then they are saved whether or not there is a hell.

If you are wrong, and you teach people to remain atheist because everyone is saved anyway, and they will end up in hell because they listened to you.

You are accountable to God for telling people it is better to remain atheist.

So I am saved, but will be held accountable, what will happen to me?

You believe I teach things that will send people to hell, I am saved, but held accountable for those who go to hell because of what I teach.

What happened to each person is responsible for their own life. How can I be held accountable for something that is someone elses choice to make?

What will happen to me finn? When you answer I will address what I said to the atheist.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Actually it is a good thing, I would rather you remain an atheist, because if you did come to believe in a God based on this forum, the likely path would be to believe the nonsense that passes for Christianity these days.
If you read Phazelwood's post again you will see that he never said anything remotely like it would be better for him to remain an atheist rather than a believer.

I entirely agree with this statement and it's one of the main reasons why there are millions of believers not attending church meetings.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
So I am saved, but will be held accountable, what will happen to me?
God will judge you, not me. I don't know if you are saved, but if you say so, then so be it but again, let's leave it to God. Assuming you are saved, the Bible says that believers works will be evaluated. If your works survive the test, you will be rewarded, but if your works fail the test you are still saved, but without rewards. This is how believers are judged.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
God will judge you, not me. I don't know if you are saved, but if you say so, then so be it but again, let's leave it to God. Assuming you are saved, the Bible says that believers works will be evaluated. If your works survive the test, you will be rewarded, but if your works fail the test you are still saved, but without rewards. This is how believers are judged.
I do leave it to God to judge every person. That is why I believe what I do, but you insist on ignoring things I have written specifically to you about what I believe. That's on you, since you say God judges a believer, then you will face intentionally misrepresenting someone. If it is no big deal to you since you are still saved, so be it.

As far as the atheist, you are misunderstanding my point not only to the atheist but also to you.

You can believe that you yourself are fine and saved and that you teach the truth, however others on this forum (and elsewhere in christianity) if they are guided by the spirit as they say they are will have taught truth and you will not be saved because you didn't do all the right things. Your peace and faith was not good enough because you failed to live up to the standard they say is Gods truth becuase "THEY" are guided by the spirit.

But that is the point I am driving at. How can you both be guided by the spirit and teach opposite things, so many claim this, but so what, it is just a claim. It is likely YOU are damned because someone teaches something you cannot live up to and therefore it is over for you.

You can now say that you are still ok, but you will actually be entering the territory of faith that I actually believe, I believe God is that good.

I believe YOU will see the wonder of God DESPITE what others teach to the contrary.

The atheist doesn;t need "Christianity" and if you try to tie "Christianity" to salvation then I again need to point out that those who would teach something suggesting you are damned even though you believe finn are a part of "Christianity".

I would rather an atheist remain an atheist and meet God in their life than to get wrapped up in the religious nonsense that I have just explained.

Any reasonable person should take a look at religion today and be ashamed to be associated with such convoluted and contradictory nonsense. That has nothing to do with belief in God and the wonderful good news of Christ that I hope the atheist comes to know.

I simply express my hope as a belief that God is big enough and has the character to bring it to pass, that is my peace in faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity