Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,657,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
YES!!
THIS is what it's all about.
This is the POWER of love!!!!

God IS love!!

Overcoming the non-love within us ALL.
Anything less would rob God of His glory.

ALL GLORY to God...

GOD IS ALL-POWERFUL.
LOVE is ALL-POWERFUL.

LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

What a beautiful picture of absolute, COMPLETE... victory.

Much love to you, Ilene..
Amen!! Yes, God and love are all-powerful and it takes an unveiling of the mind and spirit to see that. I pray for that to happen to all those who have the slightest bit of doubt about ET....or whatever has them in a vice grip and causes them to have a loveless heart. Much love to you too my friend!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,345,284 times
I guess the answer is simple:

For those who believe in everlasting torment it seems to be an important part of their faith, as they believe in endless hell they should warn people of this place, universalists undermine their warnings and efforts; therefore they oppose universalism heavily

Those who believe in universalism (or even annihilation) consider the doctrine of everlasting suffering as a vicious lie and the most outrageous blasphemy that turns many people away from Christianity and therefore try to oppose it

Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post

For those who believe in everlasting torment it seems to be an important part of their faith, as they believe in endless hell they should warn people of this place, universalists undermine their warnings and efforts; therefore they oppose universalism heavily

Those who believe in universalism (or even annihilation) consider the doctrine of everlasting suffering as a vicious lie and the most outrageous blasphemy that turns many people away from Christianity and therefore try to oppose it
True dat Sven.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:23 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,044,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post

Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Insane, it is the biggest reason I have stop reading the Christianity forum. I have never been one to post much on this forum. But I use to lurk very often. I don't even do that much anymore. Like you said, every other thread is ET or UR. It is one hitting back at the other and vice versa. I wish those on both sides understood how the constant bickering simply drives people away.
It is a shame IMO, because the whole board is nothing but UR/ET. It has been suggested that there should be a new board just for UR. A lot of people come here to read about core Christian issues, but all they see it UR, UR, UR, and they go elsewhere.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is a shame IMO, because the whole board is nothing but UR/ET. It has been suggested that there should be a new board just for UR. A lot of people come here to read about core Christian issues, but all they see it UR, UR, UR, and they go elsewhere.
I posted a thread on prayer yesterday which was almost completely ignored. Go figure.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,309,157 times
From an outsiders point of view......
as a reasonable atheist I have to admit that although I am 99 99/100 % sure there is no God that last little percentage has to allow for being wrong, since it can't be proved .
I was raised to believe if you wanted to win the prize,(heaven) you had to go by the rules of the game(Commandments)
Finally admitting non-belief took a step of courage knowing I was risking damnation.
But you URers make it not important since it doesn't matter.
"We" and all other 'sinners' are gonna get the same benefits you are without bothering to do all the 'work'.
I'd feel ultra happy and joyful, too, to embrace that concept....."Don't worry, be happy"

Old 12-30-2010, 03:09 AM

Well Old Cold, it's not quite that simple. Jesus Christ is still needed for salvation, and if you die in your sins without accepting Jesus Christ as Savior there will still be consequences. Christian Universalism does not teach otherwise.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
From an outsiders point of view......
as a reasonable atheist I have to admit that although I am 99 99/100 % sure there is no God that last little percentage has to allow for being wrong, since it can't be proved .
I was raised to believe if you wanted to win the prize,(heaven) you had to go by the rules of the game(Commandments)
Finally admitting non-belief took a step of courage knowing I was risking damnation.
But you URers make it not important since it doesn't matter.
"We" and all other 'sinners' are gonna get the same benefits you are without bothering to do all the 'work'.
I'd feel ultra happy and joyful, too, to embrace that concept....."Don't worry, be happy"
An atheist defending the ET dogma? Interesting

Old 12-30-2010, 03:39 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,309,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well Old Cold, it's not quite that simple. Jesus Christ is still needed for salvation, and if you die in your sins without accepting Jesus Christ as Savior there will still be consequences. Christian Universalism does not teach otherwise.
And those consequences are..........?That someday I will be raised from the dead and have to eat crow?
Seems to me you preach that he is going to win in the end.....all will come to him....sin (even mine) will be eradicated.

Yeah, Heartsong....sounds a little weird, doesn't it?
It's just that UR seems rather like a "can't lose" proposition so why struggle with that narrow road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity