Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,011,343 times

Advertisements

They need to give you guys your own room.

It seems to me that the topic is far more important than the other matters of the Christian faith. What's up with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 02:35 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

It seems to me that the topic is far more important than the other matters of the Christian faith. What's up with this?
If you do not want to read any of the discussion/debate don't look at the threads, no separate room required - just look at the thread title before you "click"

Old 12-29-2010, 02:41 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:

The implications about the kind of God that is behind these diametrically opposed views are critical. I could not remotely believe in or love the God of ET . . . even if ET were a real threat. Such a heinous God is anathema to my soul. The God of UR is infinitely more believable . . . I have personally encountered His love and acceptance . . . and His existence makes my heart sing for joy.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The implications about the kind of God that is behind these diametrically opposed views are critical. I could not remotely believe in or love the God of ET . . . even if ET were a real threat. Such a heinous God is anathema to my soul. The God of UR is infinitely more believable . . . I have personally encountered His love and acceptance . . . and His existence makes my heart sing for joy.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:48 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,038,005 times
Quote:

ETers typically see URs as the greatest threat to their faith - even more so than atheists. URs see atheists as often the products of ETers. Atheists are often using logic to try to understand how can there be a God and when they get the fundamental viewpoint they can't see how a passionate and perfect ALmighty God could fail to save everyone and thus they stay Athiests. Hopefully, many athiests are taking a look at UR and seeing a different God then what they traditionally hear about. But for us URs the ETers will continue to see us as the biggest enemy to their faith.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:48 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,011,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
If you do not want to read any of the discussion/debate don't look at the threads, no separate room required - just look at the thread title before you "click"
I DON'T read any of them. I just notice the million different titles referring to the topic.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:31 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,940,287 times
Insane, One big reason is that "universalism" is a BANNED or "forbidden" topic in a lot of christian forums. City-Data is one of the few places that our views are even allowed. (amongst "Christian" forums.)
peace,
sparrow

Old 12-29-2010, 05:48 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,623,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Right on the money bro...

Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times
What is ET---extraterrestrial? I know OT is Old Testament.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,632,202 times
Quote:

It just seems far more important because C-D is the only place that UR's are allowed to post. I sure am glad C-D allowed it because I probably would never have learned the truth. I most likely would have stopped believing in hell anyway, but to learn that God has an awesome plan for ALL of humanity is something that I never would have learned of living in the bible belt.

However, it IS very important imo because the ET doctrine is driving people away from Jesus. I think that UR does way more to entice folks into a relationship with Jesus and God than ET does. There's no comparison really. It's extremely important to get the truth of UR out there, and the ETer's who think they own the board absolutely hate it and think we're devil worshipers. Ergo all the tension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity