Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:11 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Nah Bud...
Loving God and one another is too simplistic...we "earthlings" are drawn to anything that exercises the brain...proof that we are alive and kicking!

Hope I'm making sense (or even on topic...)

We need more people who actually care what the Bible says. More, not less. We have enough people out there on the bottom in these systems who struggle through horrible days because people just say none of this is a big deal, that the truth doesn't really matter. We've got scammers and horrible old men around the world who scare children and adults alike with their pig-headedness and nonsense. We need more people who care.

We've got to stop the churches from spreading more and more lies. They have killed the souls of so many people.

Last edited by herefornow; 01-01-2011 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 06:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Ilene, so you realize what day it is today?

Today's date is 1111 (1/1/11).

I remember you were a 1111 phenomenonist.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,596,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We need more people who actually care what the Bible says. More, not less. We have enough people out there on the bottom in these systems who struggle through horrible days because people just say none of this is a big deal, that the truth doesn't really matter. We've got scammers and horrible old men around the world who scare children and adults alike with their pig-headedness and nonsense. We need more people who care.

We've got to stop the churches from spreading more and more lies. They have killed the souls of so many people.
I do care my friend...it's just that, I believe that all the pieces of the puzzle will eventually fit together in HIS time...meanwhile, we can sow good seeds in the right season, and hopefully reap in abundance when harvest time comes...

Psalm 37:1-40 "Rest in the LORD"

Looking forward to a blessed and anxiety-free 2011!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,854 times
Quote:
I do care my friend...it's just that, I believe that all the pieces of the puzzle will eventually fit together in HIS time...meanwhile, we can sow good seeds in the right season, and hopefully reap in abundance when harvest time comes...

I hear you, ans. I'm sorry. Thanks for the verse. Anxiety free? Lol. I hope so.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:00 PM

7,733 posts, read 12,660,994 times
Quote:

I am sorry but this is simply NOT true. In 2011, we are EVER closer to the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. It will not be anxiety free in the slightest. Many people are not ready for his return and the world most certainly is ill-prepared for the major disasters that will begin. 2011 will be worse than last year I bet you that. I do not apologize for my doom-gloom attitude. We are blessed as children of God. We have treasures and gifts stored up in Heaven that await us. But for the rest of the ungodly modern world, they have nothing but destruction that awaits them. And Christians are not to follow a world like this. We are to continuously prepare for his return and preach to the ones who don't have him in their lives so they can be saved and see Heaven. The reason why I responded is because I don't want anyone to pray for a lovely year and be surprised when major disasters and catastrophes are happening one after the other later. This is all apart of biblical prophecy. Anyway, I'm praying for everyone on this forum that we seek a closer relationship with God this year. I believe I read in the bible once that in the last days, as each year grows, unbelievers will become more separated and alienated from the living God while true believers remain steadfast in prayer and worship and in preparation for his return. The modern church of prosperity gospel DOES NOT do this. Do not be caught up in the lukewarm church. Be on fire for God and repent for every sin and be ready at all times to meet Christ!

Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
We need more people who actually care what the Bible says.
I care and study it every day.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:19 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
We need more people who actually care what the Bible says.
Hi Herefornow

I'm sure you will agree, we need more people who actually believe what the conviction and the leadings of Holy Ghost in us has got to say. The bible worshippers think life is found in what is written in ink, but life is found in him, the living word.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:38 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,118,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Personally, I don't care if UR is correct or not, because I am going to find out anyway when I die. In other words, if UR is correct, then I am saved. And if ET is correct, then I am also saved...a win-win situation. Therefore, it is not worth the constant ongoing arguing and divisiveness. That's why I resent seeing every other post a UR vs ET thing...it is pushed in our faces, and given a very high priority where it should not be, and then we all argue and bicker over it...endlessly.

Bud
This post really bothers me because you are basically saying that you don't care WHO God is. You say it's win-win because you feel you're saved either way. If someone said your Dad set people on fire and left them that way, would you just say you didn't care whether it was true or not, because either way you're still his son? Wouldn't you have a desire to know the true character of your Dad? Wouldn't it affect your relationship? Wouldn't it be "worth it" to know the truth?

This is what bothers me the most about ET, and the fact that I once believed it. What's important is a RELATIONSHIP with God, and how can we have a relationship with someone if we don't even have the basic facts of their nature right? How can you truly love God if you don't even know whether or not he'll set people on fire forever? How can you NOT CARE whether or not he has that kind of character? This is what gets me - with traditional Christianity, it's more about whether or not you are going to heaven than about developing a true, deep, meaningful relationship with the true and living God. However, when I believed in ET and I was building this relationship, God was faithful and true and He understood that I was taught that doctrine and He loved me anyway. But there was part of me that felt astranged from Him and I couldn't put my finger on it. It was because I thought there was a part of God that I didn't really care to know - the part of Him that would set someone on fire because they didn't believe the right thing. Now I can fully know all of God because I don't have to push that part of Him into a corner and try to forget about it. Now I know "that part of Him" is a myth and He really is Love and He would not set someone on fire.

I am surprised you would NOT CARE! IMO, if you have a desire to have a relationship with God, then this should be a HUGE priority to know whether this is true or not - will he set people on fire and leave them that way, or not?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:07 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,849,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
They need to give you guys your own room.

It seems to me that the topic is far more important than the other matters of the Christian faith. What's up with this?
Because both sides are right and both sides are wrong and they would rather argue rathers than find a common place. You know like me and you from time to time...LOL

Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM

64,026 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
This post really bothers me because you are basically saying that you don't care WHO God is. You say it's win-win because you feel you're saved either way. If someone said your Dad set people on fire and left them that way, would you just say you didn't care whether it was true or not, because either way you're still his son? Wouldn't you have a desire to know the true character of your Dad? Wouldn't it affect your relationship? Wouldn't it be "worth it" to know the truth?

This is what bothers me the most about ET, and the fact that I once believed it. What's important is a RELATIONSHIP with God, and how can we have a relationship with someone if we don't even have the basic facts of their nature right? How can you truly love God if you don't even know whether or not he'll set people on fire forever? How can you NOT CARE whether or not he has that kind of character? This is what gets me - with traditional Christianity, it's more about whether or not you are going to heaven than about developing a true, deep, meaningful relationship with the true and living God. However, when I believed in ET and I was building this relationship, God was faithful and true and He understood that I was taught that doctrine and He loved me anyway. But there was part of me that felt astranged from Him and I couldn't put my finger on it. It was because I thought there was a part of God that I didn't really care to know - the part of Him that would set someone on fire because they didn't believe the right thing. Now I can fully know all of God because I don't have to push that part of Him into a corner and try to forget about it. Now I know "that part of Him" is a myth and He really is Love and He would not set someone on fire.

I am surprised you would NOT CARE! IMO, if you have a desire to have a relationship with God, then this should be a HUGE priority to know whether this is true or not - will he set people on fire and leave them that way, or not?
This is the stumbling block that Satan has put into Christ's church early on when we were spiritually immature and more vulnerable. It corrupts the message of love that Christ brought and displayed so UNAMBIGUOUSLY. It has been successful because it appeals to and uses the baser instincts in humans . . . and has provided power and control to those who sought it in this material world. That it has been retained for 2000+ years is incredible . . . and a testament to the power of those baser instincts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity