U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-30-2011, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,614 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Finn, many things are ascribed or humanly attributed to God.
Do you deny that ALL will be saved, and come to the full knowledge of the truth?

"There are absolutes, but it's not what people think for the most part."
Why are you trying to ignore the flood and other events like Sodom and Gonorrah which clearly demontrate other aspects of God's character? You speak as if such events never took place, and to bring them up is same as comparing God to humas.

Consider these words in Jude:

For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

 
Old 01-30-2011, 05:36 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,831,268 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
um I think it was God Himself who says He never changes..that He is the same yesterday, today and forever..
Uh. Yeah. Funny how he went from a conservative "eye for an eye" sadistic, genocidal maniac in the old testament to a "love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek" pacifist liberal hippie in the new, eh?
 
Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,831,268 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
His ways are higher than ours.
Isn't that what the N. Koreans say about their big daddy, Kim-Jong-Il?
 
Old 01-30-2011, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,614 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Uh. Yeah. Funny how he went from a conservative "eye for an eye" sadistic, genocidal maniac in the old testament to a "love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek" pacifist liberal hippie in the new, eh?
He didn't change. He demonstrated His love in the old testament too, but He also demonstrated His other side. He said he takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked, but if the wicked were not punished, then that would have made God a liar. They have to be punished, and Jesus taught the same thing in the New Testament, so you better believe it is the same God saying the same things.
 
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why are you trying to ignore the flood and other events like Sodom and Gonorrah which clearly demontrate other aspects of God's character? You speak as if such events never took place, and to bring them up is same as comparing God to humas.

Consider these words in Jude:

For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
It's utterly astounding the great lengths we will go to depict God has being mad with the human race and destroying all that were sinful,but when it comes to Jesus who is the exact representation of who God is(Heb 1:3),who never went around destroying anything but the pride of man(pride goes before a fall and a haughty heart before destruction), who turned the tables of the religious status quo and all who fed themselves off those tables,the flood he spoke of was one that flowed from our innermost being(John 7:37) ,who loved the loveless,who his kind to the ungrateful and wicked(Luke 6:36),who came to save and not destroy (Luke 9:56)and so on and so on (that all the books in the world could not contain the good he showed towards the world),we would rather talk about death rather than life, how true is it when Jesus said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".
 
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM
 
5,749 posts, read 4,597,795 times
Reputation: 4180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's utterly astounding the great lengths we will go to depict God has being mad with the human race and destroying all that were sinful,but when it comes to Jesus who is the exact representation of who God is(Heb 1:3),who never went around destroying anything but the pride of man(pride goes before a fall and a haughty heart before destruction), who turned the tables of the religious status quo and all who fed themselves off those tables,the flood he spoke of was one that flowed from our innermost being(John 7:37) ,who loved the loveless,who his kind to the ungrateful and wicked(Luke 6:36),who came to save and not destroy (Luke 9:56)and so on and so on (that all the books in the world could not contain the good he showed towards the world),we would rather talk about death rather than life, how true is it when Jesus said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".
amen pcamps.
 
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
 
351 posts, read 283,752 times
Reputation: 118
I find it amazing that so many here believe God hates.

GOD IS LOVE .

He does not hate anything. He created everything and everything has a purpose. He created Evil ( Isaiah 45:7). He does not hate evil. Evil is a tool that he is using to accomplish the fulfillment of his plan and when it is accomplished, evil will be done away with. He created many things that will be done away with when his plan has been fulfilled. He uses what he creates for good because like Jesus said " Only God is good". Remember that His way are not ours and His ways are high than ours. The one thing we need to most remember about God is that God is not a Man. To ascribe our human thought and ways to God is to bring him down to our level and that demeans God.
 
Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,614 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's utterly astounding the great lengths we will go to depict God has being mad with the human race and destroying all that were sinful.
No, not "we", the Bible does. It goes to great lengths to reveal the truth about all aspects of God. Just because you choose to ignore some aspects, is your problem.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-30-2011 at 06:44 PM..
 
Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,614 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
To ascribe our human thought and ways to God is to bring him down to our level and that demeans God.
No one is ascribing human thoughts to anything. The issues presented here are straight from the Bible, not from someone's imagination. You should not ignore what the Bible teaches. You demean God by deliberately hiding truths about His character, because you are spreading a false testimony about him.

God hates false testimony: Zechariah 8:17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD

There are many things God hates: murder, robbery, lying, arrogance, divorce, idioltary and sin in general.
 
Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, not "we", the Bible goes to great lengths to reveal the truth about all aspects of God. Just because you choose to ignore some aspects, is your problem.
Same old Finn just quoting what he wants to hear,and thus taking someone else's post out of context. Actually it's not difficult to see what we should major on Finn, "but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things(Heb 1:2)". How did God speak to us ? through the life of his son,if you have seen me you have seen the Father, i have said to you before Finn what you and I see are poles apart. You see death and destruction i see Jesus and in doing so see the heart of the Father.

For those who only read the last couple of posts here's my full post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's utterly astounding the great lengths we will go to depict God has being mad with the human race and destroying all that were sinful,but when it comes to Jesus who is the exact representation of who God is(Heb 1:3),who never went around destroying anything but the pride of man(pride goes before a fall and a haughty heart before destruction), who turned the tables of the religious status quo and all who fed themselves off those tables,the flood he spoke of was one that flowed from our innermost being(John 7:37) ,who loved the loveless,who his kind to the ungrateful and wicked(Luke 6:36),who came to save and not destroy (Luke 9:56)and so on and so on (that all the books in the world could not contain the good he showed towards the world),we would rather talk about death rather than life, how true is it when Jesus said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top