Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Universalisms are the ones claiming to live up to the love potential through God, claiming to love everyone as they are loved. That they are on a spiritual plane we ALL should be seeking to be. Some sort of God consciousness that encompasses all around them. If this was the case, you all's posts should reflect it, and I think what Cyber is pointing out is, that they do not.
Yep, that's pretty much what I see too.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I haven't seen that, i see them proclaiming God IS love, regardless of whether anyone including the Fundy or Uni lives up to it. GOD IS.What you and I do does not change what God IS.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:54 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
Quote:
When do we, who do not claim to believe in Universalism, say we are the ones who are infallible? I have never heard Cyber say this?

Universalisms are the ones claiming to live up to the love potential through God, claiming to love everyone as they are loved. That they are on a spiritual plane we ALL should be seeking to be. Some sort of God consciousness that encompasses all around them. If this was the case, you all's posts should reflect it, and I think what Cyber is pointing out is, that they do not.
I agree 100%. I don't even think they realize how arrogant they sound.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:16 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, people can read the disdain, contempt, the ugly accusations toward and against the Christian and by such behavior and attitude of this heart shows it is the furtherest thing from God's love that universalism so prominently proclaims here in this forum that they so believe is filling the heart.... and then there are some who we have seen just changed the title of who they follow now, but there has never been a real change of the heart, actually seems meaner then before !!

That to me is the dead give away and testimony of how false universalism is.....
Quote:
When do we, who do not claim to believe in Universalism, say we are the ones who are infallible? I have never heard Cyber say this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
AMEN to all of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM

63,838 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN to all of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will let the lurkers read these to determine where the true arrogance resides. God IS love . . . we are supposed to try to achieve some harmonic resonance with His love. Christian Universalists follow Christ and TRY to obey His commands to "love God and each other" . . . no matter how hard you ET and AN fundies make it.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
They call it being "spiritually mature".

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I will let the lurkers read these to determine where the true arrogance resides. God IS love . . . we are supposed to try to achieve some harmonic resonance with His love. Christian Universalists follow Christ and TRY to obey His commands to "love God and each other" . . . no matter how hard you ET and AN fundies make it.
You are right Mystic.

Dear Universalist friends keep speaking HIGHLY of His Amazing love. After all, is not this the desire of all who are the beloved of this amazing lover.

His mouth is sweetness itself; HE IS altogether lovely. This is my lover, this my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.Songs of Solomon 5:16.

Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet [water] and bitter?

There is nothing bitter about the love of Him who IS altogether lovely.

Nothing unlovely could ever be said to come from Him who IS altogether lovely.

If you have seen him who IS altogether lovely you have seen the Father(God)John 14:9

Last edited by pcamps; 03-30-2011 at 05:39 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 05:36 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,569 times
Quote:
No, Israel, is God's chosen people. ALL of ISRAEL shall be saved. Some Jews will be included, but not all. Read the letters to the churches lately?
So the real question is WHO are those Israelites? Hmmm.
Well, Israel...is what I meant......are you angry about something? I don't know but there seems to be some...tick offedness in your reply. To be honest, I think we need to quit worrying about who this and that are, the representation..the symbols, just confess with your lips, repent, try your best to live a holy life, and leave the rest to the Father. Uh, Yahweh is still in charge you know. Followers of the one and only begotten Son, should really show a little more love.

And P.S. I read scriptures every day, it doesn't mean I have a full understanding however, no more than YOU do. Blessings to you, never the less.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:04 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Fair. On the first quote above you asked "If everyone were automatically save,..." I do not know why you wrote that because I never said such thing. Therefore I cannot answer the questions that follow.

All I am saying is that I do not agree with God's logic as portrayed by Bible believers that if you do not believe in Jesus your works do not matter and the example of killing women and children on taking a piece of land.

With this in mind I tend to believe there must be some error somwhere that people come up with this type of logic God has assuming the Bible is the word of God, take care.
It's not what "bible believers" believe, it's what the old and new testaments say....you can read it for yourself. I read somewhere, when you read the Word, (God's Word) with the intention of finding error, you will. I'm not judging you, but if you are a "Christian" then you believe, that the Father, sent His only begotten Son (Jesus, Yeshua), so that who so ever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

I personally, do not know, how to reconcile, what Muslims, Hindus and other faiths/religions believe. All I can do is pray, for my brothers and sisters, of other faiths/religions, cuz I don't have all the answers...and like the Book say.."My ways are not your ways.."

Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
It's not what "bible believers" believe, it's what the old and new testaments say....you can read it for yourself. I read somewhere, when you read the Word, (God's Word) with the intention of finding error, you will. I'm not judging you, but if you are a "Christian" then you believe, that the Father, sent His only begotten Son (Jesus, Yeshua), so that who so ever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.
That's right. I don't know why Elamigo says people "come up" with the beliefs, when the Bible repeats the same message to no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity