Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
It's not what "bible believers" believe, it's what the old and new testaments say....you can read it for yourself. I read somewhere, when you read the Word, (God's Word) with the intention of finding error, you will. I'm not judging you, but if you are a "Christian" then you believe, that the Father, sent His only begotten Son (Jesus, Yeshua), so that who so ever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.
MB the problem is not the scriptures or even the few bad mistranslations of it, but the interpretation of it by the carnal mind. Everything of God is revealed to us, even himself, even the scriptures.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.Luke 24:27

Do you not think these boys on the road to Emmaus had not read all the scriptures Jesus expounded on before ?, i'm pretty sure they had. So how is it they didn't see what was being played out before their eyes in the scriptures ? .You cannot pick up the bible read it and think you understand God.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Well I've been on both sides of the UR/ET debate and what I see now is more hatred and contempt coming from the ET side. I read through the thread unbiased and it's what I see, and I'm sure that's what other readers/lurkers are seeing. ETer's really need to step back and feel more love for their fellow man/woman and stop all this finger pointing and damnation to their imaginary torture chamber.

I know how I felt when I was an ETer towards the UR's, so I understand the disdain and severe dislike, if not pure hatred for the Uni's and their message. But God put them here at C-D for a purpose, and that purpose is to reverse the lie of ET that we've all been brainwashed into believing. The message IS LOVE, whether ETer's feel it or not is of no consequence. If ETer's could put aside their own personal feelings for a moment and really concentrate on the message and loving the messengers despite how they feel about them, this board would be a much better place.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well I've been on both sides of the UR/ET debate and what I see now is more hatred and contempt coming from the ET side. I read through the thread unbiased and it's what I see, and I'm sure that's what other readers/lurkers are seeing. ETer's really need to step back and feel more love for their fellow man/woman and stop all this finger pointing and damnation to their imaginary torture chamber.

I know how I felt when I was an ETer towards the UR's, so I understand the disdain and severe dislike, if not pure hatred for the Uni's and their message. But God put them here at C-D for a purpose, and that purpose is to reverse the lie of ET that we've all been brainwashed into believing. The message IS LOVE, whether ETer's feel it or not is of no consequence. If ETer's could put aside their own personal feelings for a moment and really concentrate on the message and loving the messengers despite how they feel about them, this board would be a much better place.
Yea, I am really feeling the UR love here. This is how URs tell me they love me.

Quote:
What a sick religion, and how sick are the people who believe it ... There is nothing more perverted than that. All you fundies' are worshiping Molech, and you don't ever realize it.!
Sigh.......

Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yea, I am really feeling the UR love here. This is how URs tell me they love me.

Sigh.......

Finn there are times i believe when we shouldn't mince our words. I am not condoning what you quoted, but Jesus called Herod a Fox, look what he called the scribes and Pharisees in Matt 23,John the Baptist called those Pharisees fleaing the wrath to come a brood of Vipers, Stephen before he was stoned called the religious establishment rejecting the message of good news stiff necked, these are just a few off the top of my head.
The common thread in all of these rebukes is they were directed without fail at those who clung to the religious establishment, they were not directed at sinners.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn there are times i believe when we shouldn't mince our words. I am not condoning what you quoted, but Jesus called Herod a Fox, look what he called the scribes and Pharisees in Matt 23,John the Baptist called those Pharisees fleaing the wrath to come a brood of Vipers, Stephen before he was stoned called the religious establishment rejecting the message of good news stiff necked, these are just a few off the top of my head.
The common thread in all of these rebukes is they were directed without fail at those who clung to the religious establishment, they were not directed at sinners.
Do you really think you can spit in people's faces just because you think you are right?

You compare yourself to Jesus and Stephen, and you read those verses and think it's ok to disrespect other people's faith? Are you kidding me?

Old 04-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Do you really think you can spit in people's faces just because you think you are right?

You compare yourself to Jesus and Stephen, and you read those verses and think it's ok to disrespect other people's faith? Are you kidding me?
Finn it's nothing to do with who is right, i couldn't careless if all my doctrine is wrong, i couldn't careless what i'm called too. The only thing i care about is being grounded in love,because love causes no harm to your neighbor, the only harm it causes is to the religious establishments pride.

Who said anything about disrespecting anothers faith ?, you believe universalism is a lie from the pit of hell, so what are you saying ?. So would you have been offended in the same way if you was in earshot of Jesus or Stephen's rebuke, disrespecting you ?.

I often rebuke myself Finn.

Stephen is no different to you and I, and Christ dwells in us so yes i do see myself as them.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
This is love? I am not feeling it. Didn't you just finish saying that the only thing you care about it love, and right away you come back with this.

Read back this same thread to the posts you made claiming the "perverted" Christians worship Moloch.
Calling you out for your intentional false accusations is unloving ?

This false accusation is once again intentional Finn

I was not the one who said christians are perverted first and you know that, i do believe fundamental christianity worships Moloch the god of fire, what difference is that to you saying universalism is of the devil ?.(Surely you are not that blind to accuse others of what you are doing yourself)

Like i said, you present yourself in a bad light, not being able to quote where i said the things you are falsely accusing me of.

For your info i do believe the system of fundamental christianity has been perverted.

Quote:
FJ where in the post does Mystic say you are perverted ?. He doesn't Finn, you know it too, he says what you believe is perverted.I am sure you believe what i believe is perverted too,it's your perogative to do so if you wish, i will not loose any sleep over it, there's nothing to gain us having animosity in our hearts, even towards those who may have offended us.
Like i said you know very well i did not say you or any other person is perverted.I do not require an apology from you, i forgive you for falsely accusing me.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-01-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Calling you out for your intentional false accusations is unloving ?
Even if it was true, which it is not, would it be loving? It you think it is, then you have a very twisted idea of love.

Quote:
This false accusation is once again intentional Finn. I was not the one who said christians are perverted first and you know that, i do believe fundamental christianity worships Moloch the god of fire
I don't have to prove anything because you just proved it yourself. Read your own words trying to equate Christians to moloch worshippers. You actually accuse them of worshipping a demonic figure. And no, I don't care who said it first.

Do I really give a rip? No, just don't tell me all you care about is love, when your mission is all about smearing followers of Christ, and make them look like devil worshippers. I don't think you could come up with a worse insult no matter how hard you try.

Over and out. Have a blessed day. I have seen enough of your baiting. I am sorry if you failed to get me to say something you could report to the mods as you did with other posters.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Even if it was true, which it is not, would it be loving? It you think it is, then you have a very twisted idea of love.

I don't have to prove anything because you just proved it yourself. Read your own words trying to equate Christians to moloch worshippers. You actually accuse them of worshipping a demonic figure. And no, I don't care who said it first.

Do I really give a rip? No, just don't tell me all you care about is love, when your mission is all about smearing followers of Christ, and make them look like devil worshippers. I don't think you could come up with a worse insult no matter how hard you try.

Over and out. Have a blessed day. I have seen enough of your baiting. I am sorry if you failed to get me to say something you could report to the mods as you did with other posters.
You said that it was me who said you were perverted. At the very least be man enough to at least admit you got that wrong.

You should care what you are attributing to who said what. I know exactly how you would feel if you were misquoted, yes you would start accusing them of being unloving.

Baiting are you serious ?, you continue to falsely accuse me of saying something i have never said,you continually intenionally distort what universalist believe, you believe universalists are of the devil and you get upset with me because i say fundamental christianity worships Moloch (the devil) ? and you don't see it, just like you believe the universalist doesn't see it?. Why are you getting offended over what you are offensive about yourself ?

Failed to get you to say something where i can report you to the mods ???????? I never forced you to falsely accuse me

The bottom line Finn is you are intenionally falsely accusing and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The accuser of the brethren is the devil.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
The bottom line Finn is you are intenionally falsely accusing and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The accuser of the brethren is the devil.
Ahhhh......the love......it hangs from every word. You just can't hold it in can you? LOL Now, if you'll excuse me while I go to the basemet for a session of fierce moloch worship. If you hear screams, chants, cracking of skulls or smell smoke, just look the other way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity