Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How did you come to Christ?
I heard the UR message and was drawn to the Lord. 2 16.67%
I came to know Christ believing in ET and grew into a belief in UR as I matured. 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 01:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wide is the path to destruction (ET, Annihilation???) and narrow is the path to life ("love God and each other") and few there are who find it.
Yes, like I said the truth has been revealed to billions, but of course that does not mean they all accept it and take the narrow path. The above verse is Jesus's answer to the question "are only a few going to be saved", and the answer was "yes, only a few". I am not talking about who are saved, but about how many hear the truth. Far more hear it, than accept it. However, once you accept it you are saved and that's it, there is no second salvation or qualification to a higher degree of salvation after receiving a "higher revelation". Saved is saved.

You mentioned earlier that you ABANDONED milk and moved on to meat. Yes, people mature in their faith, but to abandon milk, is to abandon the core teaching of Christ and trade it for something else. The milk must remain as a foundation for every meat eater. To go from believing that faith is required for salvation to believing that everyone is saved, is indeed same as abandoning the core teaching is Christ: - whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 02:01 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Matthew 7:13-29 (King James Version) 13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Message from the Lord Jesus himself. Follow the strait gate. If you're following through the big door, you have the wrong door.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. That's all there is to it. Uni's believe they have experienced a "higher revelation" as if they were some kind of spiritual elite, but that thought right there should make them wonder why God would reveal the truth only to a very small fraction of humanity (there are very few universalists), and leave 99.999% in the dark. That would signify a colossal failure on God's part. But no, billions of people have been revealed the truth of the Gospel. Some accept it and some reject it, but God has been successful in revealing His truth to humanity.
From my studies on religions, it seems to have some strong gnostic elements to it...

Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
It means I have accepted His free gift of salvation and allowed Him to be my personal Lord and Saviour. I trust Him with everything I got, and I include Him in my daily life, I pray to Him, I read His word and He has given me the Holy Spirit to teach me about Him, and I believe I will be with Him for eternity.
I think the 'personal Savior' bit came about recently as to distinguish from the RC bit about going through a human priest to get absolution as if not only God but Christ also was a far distant being that one had to go through an authorized priest...personal would signify that through Christ you had access to the throne room through Him and not through a priest...IOW you petition God through Christ instead of the priest doing it...It seems in RC the priest was the one that had a one-on-one relationship with the Savior and the lay person had to go through him...Did i explain myself well enough?...

Old 04-24-2011, 01:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
From my studies on religions, it seems to have some strong gnostic elements to it...
Yes, that thought has crossed my mind too.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, that thought has crossed my mind too.
Well, If you would read some gnostic texts you would see the similarity in it....Secret revalations, higher revelations, etc, etc....

Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If you would read some gnostic texts you would see the similarity in it...
Many things are incompatible with the good news, having come forth from the hierarchy of traditional Christianity.
Characteristically, blending a multitude of various beliefs in order to reconcile them under their leadership of
controlling the masses that ultimately led to the unification of conflicting principles and diminished the truth.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many things are incompatible with the good news, having come forth from the hierarchy of traditional Christianity.
Characteristically, blending a multitude of various beliefs in order to reconcile them under their leadership of
controlling the masses that ultimately led to the unification of conflicting principles and diminished the truth.
Eh?...

Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Indeed. That's all there is to it. Uni's believe they have experienced a "higher revelation" as if they were some kind of spiritual elite, but that thought right there should make them wonder why God would reveal the truth only to a very small fraction of humanity (there are very few universalists), and leave 99.999% in the dark. That would signify a colossal failure on God's part. But no, billions of people have been revealed the truth of the Gospel. Some accept it and some reject it, but God has been successful in revealing His truth to humanity.
"Uni's", as you put it, do not believe they have a "higher revelation".....nor do we believe we're some kind of spiritual elite. We have the same exact gospel, the same exact Bible that we follow as YOU.....separation of us/them is only in your mind, Finn....we're not the ones claiming you aren't a Christian. We ARE Christians, and for whatever reason God has shown us a different truth concerning eternal fate. Just because the masses believe ET does not make it true....it's been taught that way for centuries and it's ingrained as something that cannot be questioned or cannot be wrong.

The gospel IS NOT ET, nor does it revolve around it. The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ and salvation, and very simply love God and each other. Why do you have to make it so complicated? And yes, God has been successful in revealing His truth to humanity, that Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL. Not ALL believe it, but that does not make it invalid.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
"Uni's", as you put it, do not believe they have a "higher revelation".....nor do we believe we're some kind of spiritual elite. We have the same exact gospel, the same exact Bible that we follow as YOU.....separation of us/them is only in your mind, Finn....we're not the ones claiming you aren't a Christian. We ARE Christians, and for whatever reason God has shown us a different truth concerning eternal fate. Just because the masses believe ET does not make it true....it's been taught that way for centuries and it's ingrained as something that cannot be questioned or cannot be wrong.

The gospel IS NOT ET, nor does it revolve around it. The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ and salvation, and very simply love God and each other. Why do you have to make it so complicated? And yes, God has been successful in revealing His truth to humanity, that Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL. Not ALL believe it, but that does not make it invalid.
Amen, Ilene!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity