Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 10:38 AM

537 posts, read 457,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn Jarber it makes all the difference,because it's today that we need the light that is the Life to all men,this Life is not about a ticket to heaven or hell, but a reality that can be ours in this life. Those who believe in UR desire that all come to know him in this life,not for the purpose of escaping hell and going to heaven,but that they might know Life and it's reality in this life.
So-called ET believers also desire that all would come to a saving knowledge of Christ. This is the heart's desire of the believer.

If we have come to know Christ through God's grace (alone), knowing that we had nothing to do with our salvation, that it was all of God; then we wholeheartedly share the Gospel with our fellow-man, as God has commanded us to do, praying that God might show mercy to that person, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 10:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Finn Jarber it makes all the difference,because it's today that we need the light that is the Life to all men,this Life is not about a ticket to heaven or hell, but a reality that can be ours in this life. Those who believe in UR desire that all come to know him in this life,not for the purpose of escaping hell and going to heaven,but that they might know Life and it's reality in this life.
When an unbeliever hears about ur, they will choose to remain sinners, and opt for the auto-salvation option which you offer. Have you ever heard of anyone who went from being an unbeliever to a universalist? I have not, and I don't think I ever will. It never happens. But then again, who are you selling your beliefs to? Who are your target audience? They are believers, aren't they? Your mission is to get believers to abandon their faith. That much is obvious. The people you target already know God and they already know life, so you are selling them something they already have. Us evil et-Christians are concerned about the unbelievers, and you are concerned about stopping the evil et-Christians.

"people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. "

Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 AM

537 posts, read 457,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If UR is true, then it makes no difference if you believe in God or not. You don't need Him. Of course that is exacly what Satan wants people to think.

Absolutely. Partial truth is as good as a lie.

The necessity of belief in Christ is repeated some 200 times in the Bible, so for someone to deny it, demontrates wanton disregard of the scriptures. The new agers and universalists cherry pick a few verses and insist the rest of the Bible is not the word of God, but creations of ignorant and savage ancestors.

They appeal to few verses and insist the rest of a bag of lies.

"Would a loving God do that" is the favorite line of every atheist and universalist. It is also the favorite line of Satan.

Of course. Automatic salvation is nothing but a licence to sin.
I tremble to think about it. It reminds me too much of when Satan said to Eve in the Garden of Eden, "...hath God said...?"

Sometimes it doesn't take much arm-twisting to get someone to go the way of sin.

On the other hand, we have Christ...who, when Satan tried to tempt Him, appealed to the Scriptures, "It is written...". This must be our example, indeed.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:51 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Quote:
When an unbeliever hears about ur, they will choose to remain sinners, and opt for the auto-salvation option which you offer. Have you ever heard of anyone who went from being an unbeliever to a universalist? I have not, and I don't think I ever will. It never happens. But then again, who are you selling your beliefs to? Who are your target audience? They are believers, aren't they? Your mission is to get believers to abandon their faith. That much is obvious. The people you target already know God and they already know life, so you are selling them something they already have. Us evil et-Christians are concerned about the unbelievers, and you are concerned about stopping the evil et-Christians.

"people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. "
Your reasoning is speculation and it doesn't nullify the truth that sooner or later God is going to save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn sinful will.

Sooner or later everyone of us will believe in Jesus and be saved when God lays hold on us by His saving grace and causes Jesus to be "choice" in our heart. Until then, every one of us will remain in the condition of Romans 3:10-18.
Just like in the case of Saul of Tarsus, and Lydia, and Nebuchadnezzar, sooner or later God will cause everyone to believe and be saved.

We can be sure of the salvation of everyone because God will have (wants) all men to be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him)

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the offering of salvation to all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him is what He wants.

His will = What He wants
What does He want?
THE SALVATION OF ALL WHO BELIEVE
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

NEW TESTAMENT GREEK LEXICON

thelo

to will, have in mind, intend
to be resolved or determined
to purpose
to desire, to wish
to love
to like to do a thing, be fond of doing
to take delight in, have pleasure [/quote]

Old 09-17-2011, 10:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
When an unbeliever hears about ur, they will choose to remain sinners, and opt for the auto-salvation option which you offer. Have you ever heard of anyone who went from being an unbeliever to a universalist? I have not, and I don't think I ever will. It never happens. But then again, who are you selling your beliefs to? Who are your target audience? They are believers, aren't they? Your mission is to get believers to abandon their faith. That much is obvious. The people you target already know God and they already know life, so you are selling them something they already have.

You are misrepresenting those who believe in UR. Just like you would say you preach Jesus Christ as Savior,so do those who believe in UR,th difference being those who believe in UR,believe all will be saved.

So what you are really saying is,if he'll is preached as a reality,the unbeliever will not remain a sinner, if they hear about hell.

Jesus Christ is the Savior of all men,this is what we share and this is what we believe,believing on Jesus Christ as nothing to do with heaven or hell.It's about knowing him,whom to know is Life.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM

Finn do you understand that Jesus' targeted audience was bible believers as well as those who the bible believers were misleading by what they believed and their hypocrisy ?.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You are misrepresenting those who believe in UR. Just like you would say you preach Jesus Christ as Savior,so do those who believe in UR,th difference being those who believe in UR,believe all will be saved.

So what you are really saying is,if he'll is preached as a reality,the unbeliever will not remain a sinner, if they hear about hell.

Jesus Christ is the Savior of all men,this is what we share and this is what we believe,believing on Jesus Christ as nothing to do with heaven or hell.It's about knowing him,whom to know is Life.
No, it is not the preaching of hell, it is the fact that THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. Unbelivers never become universalists, because it is not the truth, and therefore utterly powerless to set anyone free.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Finn do you understand that Jesus' targeted audience was bible believers as well as those who the bible believers were misleading by what they believed and their hypocrisy ?.
Think about that for a second. None of them could have known the truth about gospel, because Jesus was still in the process of teaching it.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:09 AM

How does believing hell set you free ?,because this is what you are saying.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
How does believing hell set you free ?,because this is what you are saying.
No, it is certainly not what I said, and you know it. Let's be honest here. Read my post again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity