Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM

32 posts, read 37,009 times

Advertisements

Who are these people? And be honest and don't hold back. Who are these people that will be alive but won't be saved at all before and after the rapture? I've read about it in the bible but I didn't really understand. Because the bible said

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

But the bible also said there will be Christians during the tribulation. So I don't understand if all of the people that didn't believe will be sent the strong delusion but later on some will be Christian? Please help on this! Thanks!

In my own personal opinion, if I am interpreting scripture correctly, the ones who are arrogant in unrighteous will be the ones the bible describes as damned. You know the ones that mock God and Christians and crack jokes and all that? I'm not taking a cheap shot at anyone btw. I know there will be some that turn to God later on. But I'm talking mainly about anyone in general who mocks the name of the Lord. I think they are the ones who are spiritually digging their own graves. But I could be wrong. I'm not sure about anything that is why I need your help! Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM

185 posts, read 400,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Icebaby! View Post
Who are these people? And be honest and don't hold back. Who are these people that will be alive but won't be saved at all before and after the rapture? I've read about it in the bible but I didn't really understand. Because the bible said

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

But the bible also said there will be Christians during the tribulation. So I don't understand if all of the people that didn't believe will be sent the strong delusion but later on some will be Christian? Please help on this! Thanks!

In my own personal opinion, if I am interpreting scripture correctly, the ones who are arrogant in unrighteous will be the ones the bible describes as damned. You know the ones that mock God and Christians and crack jokes and all that? I'm not taking a cheap shot at anyone btw. I know there will be some that turn to God later on. But I'm talking mainly about anyone in general who mocks the name of the Lord. I think they are the ones who are spiritually digging their own graves. But I could be wrong. I'm not sure about anything that is why I need your help! Thanks again!

You're not saved or unsaved due to your actions such as mocking Christians or even mocking the Lord. You're saved by the grace of God, because he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for all of our sins. Although, I don't see why anyone who truly had God in their heart would mock believers or God? But also, you don't need our help like you asked for. Pray to God and study the Bible, ask him for knowledge and dwell in the Word.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:38 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:

Well, I think we could conclude that if God sends someone a strong delusion so that they might be damned, then nothing is going to stop such a one from being deceived. God is sovereign. Salvation is in His hands.
As for those who I think are most likely to incur God's wrath, my guess is that it will be as it has always been, wrath upon those who suppress the TRUTH (for various ungodly reasons) - the same are ones as those who REFUSE to RECEIVE the LOVE of the TRUTH.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Damned simply means 'condemned'. There is a resurrection unto 'condemnation'. The blessed are those who rise in the FIRST resurrection.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 PM

33,246 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
The only issue concerning eternal salvation is faith in Jesus Christ. All who receive Jesus Christ as Savior, that is, those who place their trust in Christ to provide salvation are saved. All who reject Christ as Savior remain under condemnation. Throughout all of human history, and that includes the Tribulation, salvation is through faith in Christ.

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.'

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Quote:
Regarding 2 Thess 2:10 When people continually reject the truth of the Gospel, they become susceptible to deception so that they believe the lies of Satan's cosmic system. When people have continued negitive volition towards the truth, God will allow through the process of natural law, for their hearts to become hardened by their own negitive volition. God honor's human voliton and will give a person who rejects the truth over to Satan's delusions. God does not harden the hearts of those who have positive volition toward the Gospel.

Apologetics Press - God Hardens Whom He Wills?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 Bible Commentary

2 Thessalonians 2:11 Bible Commentary

Quote:
There will be no Christians on earth during the Tribulation. All Christians will have been taken up into heaven at the rapture of the church. The church-the bride of Christ is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8. There will be people who receive Christ as Savior during the Tribulation, but a 'Christian' is someone who has received Christ as Savior during this dispensation-the church-age. The church-age believer is different from believers of all other periods of human history because God provides things for the church-age believer that believers of other dispensations, including the Tribulation, don't have. For instance, the church-age believer has the indwelling of all three members of the Trinity which is unique to this dispensation. The church-age believer is in union with Christ, which was not true for believers of any other dispensation.

The following resource lists some 40 things that God does for the believer at the point of salvation. Some of these things are common to believers of all dispensations, but many of them are unique to the church-age believer-the Christian only.

The Grace Gifts given at Salvation - Publications - Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries / Grace Bible Church - bible doctrine truth in Christ

Quote:

It is quite common for unbelievers to arrogantly mock believers. But whether they mock believers or not, they are condemned because they are unbelievers. All unbelievers are unrighteous in God's eyes because they possess only human righteousness which God rejects because it does not measure up to His perfect righteousness (Isaiah 64:6; Titus 3:5).

At the point of faith in Christ, God the Father imputes His very own righteousness to the one who has placed his faith in Christ for salvation and then pronounces him justified (Phil 3:9;Romans 3:28; Gal 3:6).

If you're interested, here are some audio lessons on basic Bible doctrine which will help you to understand the fundamentals of church-age doctrine.

Fundamentals : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX

Old 07-20-2010, 12:21 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
EVERYONE is unsaved in the eyes of someone else.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-20-2010, 10:01 AM

32 posts, read 37,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The only issue concerning eternal salvation is faith in Jesus Christ. All who receive Jesus Christ as Savior, that is, those who place their trust in Christ to provide salvation are saved. All who reject Christ as Savior remain under condemnation. Throughout all of human history, and that includes the Tribulation, salvation is through faith in Christ.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Regarding 2 Thess 2:10 When people continually reject the truth of the Gospel, they become susceptible to deception so that they believe the lies of Satan's cosmic system. When people have continued negitive volition towards the truth, God will allow through the process of natural law, for their hearts to become hardened by their own negitive volition. God honor's human voliton and will give a person who rejects the truth over to Satan's delusions. God does not harden the hearts of those who have positive volition toward the Gospel.

Apologetics Press - God Hardens Whom He Wills?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 Bible Commentary

2 Thessalonians 2:11 Bible Commentary

There will be no Christians on earth during the Tribulation. All Christians will have been taken up into heaven at the rapture of the church. The church-the bride of Christ is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8. There will be people who receive Christ as Savior during the Tribulation, but a 'Christian' is someone who has received Christ as Savior during this dispensation-the church-age. The church-age believer is different from believers of all other periods of human history because God provides things for the church-age believer that believers of other dispensations, including the Tribulation, don't have. For instance, the church-age believer has the indwelling of all three members of the Trinity which is unique to this dispensation. The church-age believer is in union with Christ, which was not true for believers of any other dispensation.

The following resource lists some 40 things that God does for the believer at the point of salvation. Some of these things are common to believers of all dispensations, but many of them are unique to the church-age believer-the Christian only.

The Grace Gifts given at Salvation - Publications - Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries / Grace Bible Church - bible doctrine truth in Christ

It is quite common for unbelievers to arrogantly mock believers. But whether they mock believers or not, they are condemned because they are unbelievers. All unbelievers are unrighteous in God's eyes because they possess only human righteousness which God rejects because it does not measure up to His perfect righteousness (Isaiah 64:6; Titus 3:5).

At the point of faith in Christ, God the Father imputes His very own righteousness to the one who has placed his faith in Christ for salvation and then pronounces him justified (Phil 3:9;Romans 3:28; Gal 3:6).

If you're interested, here are some audio lessons on basic Bible doctrine which will help you to understand the fundamentals of church-age doctrine.

Fundamentals : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX
Wow. Incredible!! Thanks for telling me so much! I never knew!!

Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings,
brian
Ain't that the TRUTH Brian. If one doesn't follow the exact dogma and doctrine of the individual who spews it...you will be unsaved in their eyes...truly pathetic.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,808 times
Quote:

The rapture happens at the end after all the events in the book of Daniel/Peter/revelation take place. There will be Christians on the earth, because Christ returns at the end. "At the last trump"!

Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM

33,246 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Wow. Incredible!! Thanks for telling me so much! I never knew!!
You're welcome!!!

Since another poster has submitted a post saying that the rapture is after the Tribulation, which is not Biblically correct, I am including the following resource concerning the fact that the rapture is pre-Tribulational. As you'll recall, I showed that Revelation 19:7,8 shows the church in Heaven during the Tribulation.

The Rapture of the Church

You will also find a lot of information here at this website.

Rapture Ready - Rapture resource for the end times

Concerning the last trumpet that the poster in post #8 mentioned, see the following website...

http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice-TheLastTrumpet.pdf

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-20-2010 at 11:06 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM

180 posts, read 262,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings,
brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Ain't that the TRUTH Brian. If one doesn't follow the exact dogma and doctrine of the individual who spews it...you will be unsaved in their eyes...truly pathetic.
Hello ahigherway and ChristyGrl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts for millions of readers that come here to feed on God's word. I have one question for you, if you don't mind answering if you can. How can exact dogma/doctrine and the eyes of someone else be brought into such a clear and exact phrase such as this?

It would seem to the average reader of the Bible, in understanding the plainest sense of this verse, is to be taken as it stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity