Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times

Advertisements

Both ETers and URs think they are believing "the truth."
Interested students can examine the following evidence and decide if they think it is the truth.

Everyone who is cast into the lake of fire which is the second death will be saved out of it.

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46
"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

See what other Greek scholars say about it too.
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
Chapter Eleven

Fifteen literally translated (not interpretively translated) Bibles that reveal what God will do with the sinners in Matthew 25:46
Concordant Literal, Young’s literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s, J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed, The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).

Regarding the meaning of aionios, many Greek scholars agree with John Wesley Hanson.
AIÓN – AIÓNIOS
AIN -- AINIOS

SEE

THE SCHOLARS CORNER THE CENTER FOR BIBLE STUDIES IN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Well, unfortunately there is bad news along with the good news, for those who do not totally understand and believe, in Truth, the good news.

But... further discussing that is taking the thread OT. There are lots of other threads debating the bad news.
You should read the OP again, along with my responses and yours. I answered the questions posed in the OP and you didn't.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Well, unfortunately there is bad news along with the good news, for those who do not totally understand and believe, in Truth, the good news.

But... further discussing that is taking the thread OT. There are lots of other threads debating the bad news.
There is no bad news..just good news. Or are you a minister of darkness ?(no seriously).

Here's the good news of the spirit of the Lord.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

What have you as an ambassador been anointed of the Spirit for,good news or bad news ?.May the Truth of this set you free.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Just reading this forum tells how Christians(of all persuasions) needs to be set free from the darkness they are in. For the record my full of light fellow poster,as a believer I have been in much darkness,and right now in the here and now,God is casting light into areas of darkness,especially in the way I think and see. Please(before you do) do not be so haughty hearted to say you will pray for me,let God be God and finish that which he started in me.
Some people.....

Old 10-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some people.....
Exactly . No need to pay for you though, you believe in the bible and are full of light.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Exactly . No need to pay for you though, you believe in the bible and are full of light.
Like I said: some people.....

Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Like I said: some people.....
I nipped the 'I'll pray for you' in the bud before you responded with it, like you have done in the past. What you should be doing is recognizing you are in just as much need of prayer as the next man.

Hope that clears it up.xx

Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I nipped the 'I'll pray for you' in the bud before you responded with it, like you have done in the past. What you should be doing is recognizing you are in just as much need of prayer as the next man.

Hope that clears it up.xx
I did not say anything about praying for you. I know from past experience that you are offended by such offers, since you do not think people here are worthy of praying for you. Your comments proved me right.

Just face it pcamps, you got ugly for a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y no reason.

No further comment.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I did not say anything about praying for you. I know from past experience that you are offended by such offers, since you do not think people here are worthy of praying for you. Of course your comments proved me right.

Just face it pcamps, you got ugly for a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y no reason.

No further comment.
No I rejected your prayers in the past for the same reason this time, you having never been in darkness since you have been a christian you have never been in error in what you believe and never believed differently from the day you made a decision for JesusAll these I have freely admitted, and in admitting it, you in your pride believing in your heart that you never have, offered to pray for me.This is why I would not want you or any other who thinks this way to pray for me.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
This is why the Great Commission must still be adhered to by those who are his true disciples.
Yes, that is what Christ wants us to to. Some will be offended by it (as can be seen even on this thread), but some will listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity