Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 PM

303 posts, read 431,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
I would say that based on 1 Cor 15: 45-47 Man was made Fleshy/Earthy, only Jesus was made Spiritual from the very beginning.
That's right sunnysmyler!

1 Corinthians 15:45-47
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

John 3:5-6
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

the first man was created of the flesh...corrupt...corruption

John 8:23
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

These verses are clear the first man was created from below, from the earth

Christ was from above, the heavens, the Spirit. He was the image of the father, for God is spirit. Because no one but God is good, Christ being born in the image of God was also good. This is why he was always obedient and always did what was pleasing to the father.

That which was created from below...the dust of the earth on the other hand was of the earth, covered in darkness. Not the children of God but instead the children of the earth/the flesh/the devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 05:12 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,429,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Uncultivated, growth is a natural process.
Therefore, the tares grow up with the wheat.

However the garden was cultivated and so was the man as the breath of life was breathed into him.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
I would say that based on 1 Cor 15: 45-47 Man was made Fleshy/Earthy, only Jesus was made Spiritual from the very beginning.

Sis just because one is made of flesh does not mean one is fleshly. Jesus was also of the flesh is He fleshly?

And Adam was not created earthy, he became earthy when he disobeyed God and entered into death.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Adam was not sown in corruption until he entered into death.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
That's right sunnysmyler!

1 Corinthians 15:45-47
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Made and created are not the same word and have a totally different meaning brother.
See my reply to sunnysmyler

When God created (which as I have said is a word of separation or division) God separated man from the dust of the earth and placed him in the garden. That is why it says after he disobeyed God and entered into death he was returned to the dust from whence he was taken.

Quote:
John 3:5-6
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Adam was born of the spirit, the breath of life is the birth of Christ, which God breathed into him.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

the first man was created of the flesh...corrupt...corruption

Created and made are not the same thing brother, two different words with two different meanings.

The scripture does not say Adam was created earth, earthy, it says Adam BECAME (look up the meaning of MADE ) earth, earthy; and this happened when he disobeyed God and entered into death.

Quote:
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Jesus said that to the Jews which believed not on Him. However to those who are His He says are not of this world. Adam was not of this world, he was a son of God.

Quote:
John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

These verses are clear the first man was created from below, from the earth

Well I just showed you they are not so clear as you think.

Quote:
Christ was from above, the heavens, the Spirit. He was the image of the father, for God is spirit. Because no one but God is good, Christ being born in the image of God was also good. This is why he was always obedient and always did what was pleasing to the father.

That which was created from below...the dust of the earth on the other hand was of the earth, covered in darkness. Not the children of God but instead the children of the earth/the flesh/the devil.

The earth, the flesh and the devil are all different words, with different meanings yet you lump them all into meaning one thing. This simply cannot be done.

Earlier you asked me to think about what I am saying, you really need to do the same thing for what you believe can be summed up in these words.

The Father God created man, sowed sin within man, and then sent His Son, to save man from that which the Father had sown into man. Basically Jesus came to save us from the Father. What a wierd doctrine.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,863,826 times
Quote:
So where we start.......Genesis?
How about we start with the word of God on earth or shall I say the message too earth. If the bible never existed and there was a tiny little book only..maybe 20 pages long. The only contents of the book would be the direct words of the greatest teacher that ever lived on earth - Jesus the Christ.

Only the exact words and only the words betthat came form the mouth of this man who's flesh - mind and spirit were inhabited by God himself. We could keep it simple- put aside all the words of every apostle..of every person that ever attempted to speak on his behalf...and put our ears only to his voice- The voice of God himself that came form the mouth of this man....established by God- this man made by God and the only man to have ever been fully possessed by God.

The separations and there are many of them among Christians was not caused by Jesus. It was caused by those who in effect tired to get in on the act. Not to be offensive but I truly believe that all those who took the stage in the name of Christ were all interlopers to varying degrees...Matthew may be the exception...Paul always seemed to have his own ambitious and political version of how things should be.

Jesus kept things simple. If you are to unite Christianity...and it is a must at this time in history..please no more endless quotes by others....stick to the word of God and it can only be found in one fully divine human being and teacher - Jesus.........We are at this point a house divided. Christianity is a state of mind. It is not a public religion...It is a private affair- and a simple and individual...connection and uniting of mankind and God...between heaven and earth- Jesus was not an idol to be worshiped. He is but a door to be entered...A threshold to be crossed back and forth- a joining of heaven and earth...

There are millions who are organizing who do not understand what Christ is - who God is- and these people are gathering in the hope of destroying what is left of Christ on earth - His spirit contained in us. We had better unite or perish.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,263,859 times
A truce is not possible. Ecumenicalism is an apostate herecy. Everyone isn't right. Some are tragicaly wrong. Truth is not compromise.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,863,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Made and created are not the same word and have a totally different meaning brother.
See my reply to sunnysmyler

When God created (which as I have said is a word of separation or division) God separated man from the dust of the earth and placed him in the garden. That is why it says after he disobeyed God and entered into death he was returned to the dust from whence he was taken.

Adam was born of the spirit, the breath of life is the birth of Christ, which God breathed into him.

Created and made are not the same thing brother, two different words with two different meanings.

The scripture does not say Adam was created earth, earthy, it says Adam BECAME (look up the meaning of MADE ) earth, earthy; and this happened when he disobeyed God and entered into death.

Jesus said that to the Jews which believed not on Him. However to those who are His He says are not of this world. Adam was not of this world, he was a son of God.

Well I just showed you they are not so clear as you think.

The earth, the flesh and the devil are all different words, with different meanings yet you lump them all into meaning one thing. This simply cannot be done.

Earlier you asked me to think about what I am saying, you really need to do the same thing for what you believe can be summed up in these words.

The Father God created man, sowed sin within man, and then sent His Son, to save man from that which the Father had sown into man. Basically Jesus came to save us from the Father. What a wierd doctrine.
"Basically Jesus came to save us from the Father" - Interesting....God is all mighty- he created everything. the negative forces- the positive forces- He created good and he created evil..The concept of the devil and God having a war is absurd. God created the devil and this entity is but a child in comparison to God. There is no war as we know it between good or God and evil. There is only a state of dangerous and deadly confusion in the mind of man.

Jesus did not come to spare humanity from the evil of the father...or save us from the father- He came to teach us how to be a father ourselves- to mature...to realize how this universe works- what the laws are and how to create a heaven on earth rather than a man made hell.

Life and nature itself are a combination of good and evil- of positive and negative forces. This by design is what God created and what he wanted - The purpose of life is to learn how to undo this puzzle..to create a world that defies physics that is a world of only positive forces - of light - a heaven...It is all about giving humanity a task- and occupation....something to do..It's that simple.

The key term that Christians should understand is ALL MIGHTY. We are not here to fight people who we know or perceive as evil...we are not to do battle...GOD is all mighty and he controls evil as well as the good...our job is to gently with out panic - sort things out- the evil goes in that pile- the good in this one.

It is a child like approach GOD does not fear his own creation of evil- nor should we- It's like hot coal..you can learn to handle it- If we war on evil we increase the volume of evil. Then we have failed and depend on God to save us from the evil that we have created because we fed it...

So far we have given evil to much importance- to much power...to much respect...to much glory...It is like a pet with sharp teeth...contain it....and do not stick your finger in the cage...rule number one...

Rule number two- FEAR is natural and the natural world is for the most part evil...Fear is sinister...and fear clouds the mind. The message of Jesus was one that taught us to over come the natural- by becoming super natural- to rise above nature- only then will nature truly serve humanity..only then will it be on earth as it is in heaven.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
"Basically Jesus came to save us from the Father" - Interesting....God is all mighty- he created everything.

And everything He created He said was good.

Quote:
the negative forces- the positive forces- He created good and he created evil..

I have already covered that scripture, and if everything God created was good and God created evil then it can be said evil is good, yet scripture tells us we should not be calling evil good and good evil.

Quote:
The concept of the devil and God having a war is absurd.

Never said anything about God being at war with the devil, that war is ours to fight.

Quote:
God created the devil and this entity is but a child in comparison to God.

No scripture states God created the devil.

Quote:
There is no war as we know it between good or God and evil. There is only a state of dangerous and deadly confusion in the mind of man.

Well even if that were true it would still be a war of the mind. So yes there is a war between good and evil.

Quote:
Jesus did not come to spare humanity from the evil of the father...or save us from the father-

I agree, but the teaching that God is the architect of everything lead to that conclusion.

Quote:
He came to teach us how to be a father ourselves- to mature...to realize how this universe works- what the laws are and how to create a heaven on earth rather than a man made hell.

Agreed

Quote:
Life and nature itself are a combination of good and evil- of positive and negative forces. This by design is what God created and what he wanted - The purpose of life is to learn how to undo this puzzle..to create a world that defies physics that is a world of only positive forces - of light - a heaven...It is all about giving humanity a task- and occupation....something to do..It's that simple.

Mans life and nature maybe, but not the life we have in Christ.

Quote:
The key term that Christians should understand is ALL MIGHTY. We are not here to fight people who we know or perceive as evil...we are not to do battle...GOD is all mighty and he controls evil as well as the good...our job is to gently with out panic - sort things out- the evil goes in that pile- the good in this one.

God does not control evil, for God is love and love worketh no evil nor thinketh no evil

Quote:
It is a child like approach GOD does not fear his own creation of evil- nor should we- It's like hot coal..you can learn to handle it- If we war on evil we increase the volume of evil. Then we have failed and depend on God to save us from the evil that we have created because we fed it...

It is not that type of war, we are to war in love, by overcoming evil with good.

Quote:
So far we have given evil to much importance- to much power...to much respect...to much glory...It is like a pet with sharp teeth...contain it....and do not stick your finger in the cage...rule number one...

Rule number two- FEAR is natural and the natural world is for the most part evil...Fear is sinister...and fear clouds the mind. The message of Jesus was one that taught us to over come the natural- by becoming super natural- to rise above nature- only then will nature truly serve humanity..only then will it be on earth as it is in heaven.

Perfect love casteth out fear.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:

And Adam was not created earthy, he became earthy when he disobeyed God and entered into death.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Adam was not sown in corruption until he entered into death.
This is not scriptural...the bible was clear

Listen to the words of Christ

And He said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Was adam created from above or was he created from below...God made man from the dust of the earth...he was created from below...the earth...not the heaven.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:

See my reply to sunnysmyler.........

.........Created and made are not the same thing brother, two different words with two different meanings.

really!!!

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Concordance: created = H1254 bara'

Psalms 89:47
Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain?
Concordance: made = H1254 bara'

Same version of the Bible (KJV) different words (create and made) same meaning!

Go see for yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity