Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Did Jesus reap death because He sowed sin?
He became sin and suffered the consequences of it. 2 Cor 5:21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Shana there is no higher purpose in being bound by satan

I too was humiliated when I woke up to see how I formerly believed. Verse 17 speaks about the people being delighted by the wonderful things Jesus Christ was doing not what satan was doing.
One big problem is that we can be confused and unsure about what God is doing and what Satan is doing and many people think they are the same entity (which I find preposterous). All the works of God's hands are good (in my book, my mind) and I do not believe God commits evil or vindictive acts. If he did, and I am supposed to be like him, then why should I not emulate his vindictive nature?

Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times
If prophecy was to be fulfilled concerning Jesus, it all went according to God's intentions, plans. God bless and peace.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
WE HAVE DOMINION BY GOD'S SOVEREIGN WILL.. What exactly about that do you not understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Hi Mystic,

If your point is that WE have been given Dominion, as in, God GAVE IT TO US and took HIS HANDS off, I think that might help people better understand your point. If that is not what you mean, then I also do not understand the statement.
I corrected it to remove the confusion. Thank you Heartsong. God did not and will not renege or rescind His Granting of Dominion to us. All human interpretations that assume He did or does are wrong, period.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:12 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
If prophecy was to be fulfilled concerning Jesus, it all went according to God's intentions, plans. God bless and peace.
If by that you are saying everything that happens is a "work of God" I would have to disagree. Jesus came to DESTROY the works of the DEVIL.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM

What God does is not immoral or wrong, because He never sins or fails. We are not on the same plane or level as the Creator. He kills and makes alive again. People killed Jesus to destroy Him, but God, His Father, had a higher purpose for handing Him over to be crucified. He was destroyed by man, but His death results in the salvation of the world. Victory over death. God bless and peace.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
One big problem is that we can be confused and unsure about what God is doing and what Satan is doing and many people think they are the same entity (which I find preposterous). All the works of God's hands are good (in my book, my mind) and I do not believe God commits evil or vindictive acts. If he did, and I am supposed to be like him, then why should I not emulate his vindictive nature?
In my book my mind. I like that Heartsong.

This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people

Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM

I believe what the apostle Paul teaches concerning all being out of God. Yes, Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil and I believe that God also knew what the devil would do in the beginning. He was a mankiller from the beginning, so God could have stopped him from doing his works in the beginning. In the end, we will see the destruction of all of his works which shows the victory of good over evil, the victory of light over darkness, and glorify God for this. God bless and peace.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM

I believe that man's dominion is limited because Jesus is to subject all to Himself. God is the Head and we are below. We do not yet see all things in subjection to Him. Hebrews 2. God bless and peace.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Prophesy can be fulfilled and outcomes achieved by influencing and guiding human beings who have Dominion . . . but the details can NOT be controlled, planned or predetermined because of their free will and the influence of their animal natures. Their animal natures are driven by selfish survival motives and the pleasure/pain principle. WE are the only control over our animal natures, period. Our indiscriminate animal nature and drives are the source of ALL Evil . . . natural disasters, disease, etc. are NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity