Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:30 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,167,331 times

Advertisements

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Please keep us informed. God bless you.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,885,197 times
Hoosier, your whole family is in my prayers for all reasons posted on city-data. I pray you will get the answers you need as the not knowing is so hard. I pray for your daughter, son, wife, and you!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,401 times
Praying your family and you.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,697 times
I will pray for him

Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,572 times
Will pray, Hoosier... I have a friend with a child that has an immune deficiency. It's not something to be taken lightly!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:19 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Hoosier, I'm not a doctor, but I just wanted to mention something. I don't know what symptoms your son has but in Minnesota (I'm assuming that's where you live) Lyme disease is often one of the most mis-diagnosed and mistreated illnesses that could be found. As I said, I don't know the symptoms but I can tell you that Lyme disease can start weeks, months, and even in some cases, years after an initial tick bite. The best indication is a red rash (from the tick itself) but that is not necessarily a dead give-away. I would demand that your doctors do a test for Lyme disease, because the symptoms are often very misleading and indicative of other illnesses. For more information on it, I have some links from WebMD for you, but you may also want to cruise around and do the "symptom checker" and see if there are some other symptoms that your son shows. Please, don't take my word as utter fact, but in your part of the country, lyme disease SHOULD NEVER be counted out, especially at the end of the summer but your doctors know best, just ask them for a Lyme disease test.

WebMD - Better information. Better health.

Understanding Lyme Disease -- the Basics

Understanding Lyme Disease -- Detection and Treatment

Understanding Lyme Disease -- Symptoms

Oh, and my best wishes to your son. This too shall pass!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
June holds the little one in her heart, sending well wishes of hope and strength...

Old 10-22-2007, 05:59 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Lifting you and your family up, brother.

Let us know how things went/are going.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,384 times
Well they're down in Rochester now, probably at a restaurant and he's probably loving having mommy all to himself. Thanks GCS for your comments on Lyme. My son has been sick since he was born and we lived out west where this all began. He's been to so many doctors for so many different things, he's seen more doctors in his short four years than I have in my 40! We've had test after test run on the little guy and they did find some problems with a gene and also with his white blood cells. There is just too much going on for anyone, especially a four year old.

Thank you to all for your well wishes and prayers. They're felt and much needed. I have yet another paper to write for my grad class tomorrow and am hoping and praying I can write effectively about God's grace. With that said you all have a great night and again, thank you to all!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,682 times
Hoosier, prayers have been and will continue to go up.

I'd also like to second what GCSTroop said about lyme disease. Although the eastern area of the US is most known for it, lyme disease is also prevalent in California. I've had a couple of friends in California diagnosed with it. There is even a mother and son I know in Alaska who have the disease; they've spent their entire lives in this state with just a couple of family vacations elsewhere. (They also went years without a diagnosis before a sharp MD finally recognized the symptoms.) My friend has tried to educate me about lyme disease. As GCSTroop said, sufferers are very often diagnosed with something else. Of course, this doesn't mean this is what you son has. However, if the doctors are having trouble pinpointing the trouble, the test for lyme probably wouldn't hurt. Also, from what I understand, there's one test in particular that very beneficial as the other tests often don't pick up the disease. If you're at all interested, I'll ask for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.