Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:10 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times

Advertisements

See john 10:[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand
It is true that He gives us eternal life and that no man can pluck them out of the hands of Jesus or of His Father, But many make a superficial profession of faith in Christ as their Savior, but are not fully commited to OBEY Him. Peter said in Acts 5:32 that God gives the gift of the Holy Ghost to them that OBEY Him. If your profession to FOLLOW Christ does not contain a commitment to OBEY Him, my contention is that you have not truly repented of your past sins.
Jesus told the woman who had been caught in the very act of adultery in John Chapter 8, Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more. He also told the impotent man in John Chapter 5:[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
The multitude of ministers who preach that Jesus forgives you of all your sins, past, present and FUTURE are changing the Word of God into a lie. Heb. 12:[14] Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Also Jesus said, Matt. 5:[8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
So if our commitment to Christ does not have a goal of holiness, we are not promised we will see God after the Millenium.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually it is organized, as it was in the 1st century.
So the church in Corinth functioned the same as the church in Ephesus? Isn't the church called a body? Takes many parts working together to create a body and each one organized to create an organism.

Organizations are dead... never alive. We encouraged to come together as a "body".

Old 11-09-2013, 05:13 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So the church in Corinth functioned the same as the church in Ephesus? Isn't the church called a body? Takes many parts working together to create a body and each one organized to create an organism.

Organizations are dead... never alive. We encouraged to come together as a "body".
One organized body. After all does your arm follow directions and your fingers ignore them?

Old 11-09-2013, 06:57 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
One organized body. After all does your arm follow directions and your fingers ignore them?
Sometimes.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Your splitting hairs. When the Bible speaks of the body it speaks in terms of a living entity, not an organization. Yes I agree, a body must be organized but atheists are organized, corporations are organzied, governments are organized but they're not a body in the same way Christ wishes us to be.

If you finger cause you to sin... as your eye causes you to lust, what are we instructed to do? It ain't pretty but it could save the body.

...just sayin'

Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 PM

Southward bound asked me for my answer to Are denominations in keeping with god’s will? Part II. My answer is a simple "NO." I strongly believe the words of Saint Paul in 1 Cor. 10 are very straight-forward - “That ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment,” This is not humanly possible unless we apply Christ's formula in John 7:[17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. We must be willing to first beg the Lord to see if there is any area of our life that is not in line with the will of the Lord, and then examine our particula doctrinal beliefs and be willing to lay aside any doctrine that is not accordng to the will of God.
Best wishes to all who desire to know and DO the will of God which Christ said was a requirement for entrance to the kingdom of heaven in Matt. 7.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Your splitting hairs. When the Bible speaks of the body it speaks in terms of a living entity, not an organization. Yes I agree, a body must be organized but atheists are organized, corporations are organzied, governments are organized but they're not a body in the same way Christ wishes us to be.

If you finger cause you to sin... as your eye causes you to lust, what are we instructed to do? It ain't pretty but it could save the body.

...just sayin'
Yep so if your 'finger" starts teaching something different than the body as a whole, you "cut it off".

Christians are organized and in one Body fully in agreement.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Yep so if your 'finger" starts teaching something different than the body as a whole, you "cut it off".

Christians are organized and in one Body fully in agreement.
Could you give me an example of
Quote:
"Christians are organized and in one Body fully in agreement".
since Jesus?

It would seem to me then... we might as well start cutting off fingers and plucking out eyes or just get it over with and commit hari kari. Without divine intervention we (human beings) will never come together, in all things, or ever the little things. This forum affirms my point. History affirms my point. Humans affirm my point. Ain't gonna happen, never has happened, and never will happen... until Christ returns. This is a reality. There are just some things we are not capable of achieving due to our fallible nature... and by design I might add.

Let’s say for a moment we came completely together organized and in one body fully in agreement. Who would lead? how would he be chosen? or who would determine what's correct? There are plenty of modern Pharisees and Sadducees willing to write and interpret rules, but If it's a person, how long is that gonna last? The first two humans couldn't even agree. We can’t agree. It's just not possible without divine intervention. The Pope is an example of human leadership, but do all Roman Catholic's agree with him? Nope, nada, nyet. We are all priests... and Elders are directed to "govern", but to expect total agreement is almost absurd.

If any human says they can unite all Christians under one belief system, then I suspect that person has or will, elevate themselves to a human deity. Sounds like something satan might try. Oh wait... i think he's gonna try that! Tyrants and dictators try it all the time. North Korea says they've done it.

Please… Just one example of "Christians are organized and in one Body fully in agreement" since Jesus…. Just one. I'll leave with this passage
Quote:
"that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven".
What shall we agree about, to ask God?

...just sayin'

Old 11-12-2013, 09:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
"that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven".

Two or more...that's all it takes.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 AM

If 2 or 3 are filled with the Spirit of the Holy Ghost, they are hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and will not desire anything that is not according to the will of God.
I personally believe that God, in His omniscience, knows the heart and mind of every person on this earth, and with His omnipotence makes it possible for that person to be able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost which gives Him the power to live a life that is pleasing to our God and His Son.
Jeremiah in the Old Testament said in Jer. 29:[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
If we are not hungering and thirsting after righteousness, we are not given the Holy Spirit which makes it possible to obey the strict commandments of Christ. He said in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
When we have followed His commandments, we have nothing of which we can boast, since it is the Spirit of the Holy Ghost which is working in and through us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity