Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:38 PM

525 posts, read 347,869 times

Advertisements

arleigh,

re: "Choosing to revolt against God, should result in eternal torment."

What if a person doesn't revolt but simply doesn't have a belief in a supreme being?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 07:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We can hash it out in the next life, my friend. We will both be there . . . with bells on!
Yes only God can make the choices and I guarantee we will have much better things to talk about than this life.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
arleigh,

re: "Choosing to revolt against God, should result in eternal torment."

What if a person doesn't revolt but simply doesn't have a belief in a supreme being?
According to the Bible this would be a revolt to God.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:47 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
I can't comprehend eternal anything.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:18 PM

668 posts, read 690,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So none of you read the Bible nor listen to the Holy Spirit? So you have no interpretation of logical conclusion? So what you are saying is that there are no choices in life? Lord forbid, everything is a choice when it comes to thought. I CHOOSE not to believe that any of you are as negative as you pretend. But when it comes to the hardening of ones heart, the subject chooses not to believe so much that God actually makes it impossible for them to believe to the detriment of their own soul.
Robin, some people have chosen to reject God, His Holy Spirit and His Word rather choosing to make themselves a god and their so-called intellect the source of truth for them. They attack God for disagreeing with them but pretend no to by claiming their god of their mind could not have said or done the things God has done so it cannot be true of their god. By being able to decide what their god is allowed to do and say they can accept a few verses of scripture and reject the totality of what God has said and done. It's a great thing if they can convince themselves it will work but the final result will not be good for them. This is the sad part. All we as Christians can do it continue to expose them to the truth and leave them to God. I have a list from this forum and others that I pray for daily. All I can do is love them enough to tell them the truth.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Robin, some people have chosen to reject God, His Holy Spirit and His Word rather choosing to make themselves a god and their so-called intellect the source of truth for them. They attack God for disagreeing with them but pretend no to by claiming their god of their mind could not have said or done the things God has done so it cannot be true of their god. By being able to decide what their god is allowed to do and say they can accept a few verses of scripture and reject the totality of what God has said and done. It's a great thing if they can convince themselves it will work but the final result will not be good for them. This is the sad part. All we as Christians can do it continue to expose them to the truth and leave them to God. I have a list from this forum and others that I pray for daily. All I can do is love them enough to tell them the truth.
Please don't pray for me to come to a knowledge of what you believe is truth, because my conscience revolts at the thought of eternal torment. Now if you're simply praying peace and goodwill towards me I'll take that, thanks. Hope you don't mind xxx

Old 12-23-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Please don't pray for me to come to a knowledge of what you believe is truth, because my conscience revolts at the thought of eternal torment. Now if you're simply praying peace and goodwill towards me I'll take that, thanks. Hope you don't mind xxx
You have no say in my prayers! I am praying God's will in your life. Sorry if you find that offensive!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
You have no say in my prayers! I am praying God's will in your life. Sorry if you find that offensive!
To bless me, keep me and to cause his face to shine up me.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

If you prayed the will of God for me ^^^^^^^ there wouldn't be a problem, but if your prayers are based upon the will of the teachings of men,just so you know so you don't waste a prayer on me ,I have my helmet of salvation on, so those kind prayers don't touch me. Thanks xxx

It took me a number of years to destroy the teachings of men based and rooted in their fear of eternal torment to allow myself to be once again be ensnared by them.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To bless me, keep me and to cause his face to shine up me.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

If you prayed the will of God for me ^^^^^^^ there wouldn't be a problem, but if your prayers are based upon the will of the teachings of men,just so you know so you don't waste a prayer on me ,I have my helmet of salvation on, so those kind prayers don't touch me. Thanks xxx

It took me a number of years to destroy the teachings of men based and rooted in their fear of eternal torment to allow myself to be once again be ensnared by them.
Rest assured that I am not praying for you to receive eternal torment. I do pray for you to receive eternal life though. And not one man made doctrine do I desire for you!

Old 12-23-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Rest assured that I am not praying for you to receive eternal torment. I do pray for you to receive eternal life though. And not one man made doctrine do I desire for you!
Instead of eternal torment I presume.

Just know that from my neck of the woods I am revolting and rebelling against such thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity