Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 06:54 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I am not here to endorse cursing and no believer should be using foul mouth language, so hopefully this will cut out the sarcastic comments from the jump.

Sin is defined as transgression of the law(1 John 3:4), and the law is defined in the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible) for any newbies on here that dont know that. But here is my story.

The other day I was at a light in heavy traffic and it turned green a lady behind me started honking for me to go through the intersection, to the point where I would have been blocking a busy intersection. She has honking and screaming and almost hit me because I wouldn't go, so I got very angry and gave her a Hawaiian peace sign with my middle finger and called her a female version of mans best friend for the way she was acting. I know I was wrong and asked for forgiveness, but my friend when I told her what happened said I didnt sin, I just made a mistake, so I asked if calling a woman a B___H is okay in the eyes of God to her regardless of how they were acting.

She goes on to say that it was a mistake, not a sin, because its not in Torah. So because the bible does not specifically say "do not curse at someone" in the Torah, does that mean its not a sin to curse because its not in the Torah? I know alot of others that think like that too.

It is a poor habit, calling a woman a ***** of course is a sin, as it is not showing love. Using the word ***** of course would not be a sin. Actually foul mouthed people appear less educated, and most people would not choose them as associates. Can you picture Jesus and the apostles cussing during their conversations. While not necessarily being a sin, it would show a lack of maturity in a Christian sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 11:54 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It is a poor habit, calling a woman a ***** of course is a sin, as it is not showing love. Using the word ***** of course would not be a sin. Actually foul mouthed people appear less educated, and most people would not choose them as associates. Can you picture Jesus and the apostles cussing during their conversations. While not necessarily being a sin, it would show a lack of maturity in a Christian sir.
You should not condemn someone you know, nor curse a stranger.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:56 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
How do you know that they didn’t?...

Old 09-10-2020, 12:23 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Actually foul mouthed people appear less educated, and most people would not choose them as associates. Can you picture Jesus and the apostles cussing during their conversations. While not necessarily being a sin, it would show a lack of maturity in a Christian sir.
I agree that in today's culture, usually the use of profanity does indicate a lack of ability to express oneself appropriately. It does make one look bad.

Having said that, Jesus had some rather harsh words for the Pharisees. At times, the apostle Paul was rather direct in his assessment of others, as well.

Old 09-10-2020, 02:23 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I agree that in today's culture, usually the use of profanity does indicate a lack of ability to express oneself appropriately. It does make one look bad.

Having said that, Jesus had some rather harsh words for the Pharisees. At times, the apostle Paul was rather direct in his assessment of others, as well.
But they didn’t curse them...

Old 09-10-2020, 08:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Is Cursing a sin?

Hell, no!

Old 09-11-2020, 06:17 AM

Default Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How do you know that they didn’t?...

No doubt all the apostles stated was not written down Rick Jn 21:25. God's people come to know Him sir, and while most who do not belong to Him realize that fowl language is an undesirable trait, we who do know and serve Him would consider it a sin. Make no mistake though, many of us on occasion use "french", I know I do, and wish I could quit. As I am getting older I find it much harder to control. My mom became bad about it prior to her death, and I see myself graduating that way, and I certainly do not like it.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:19 AM

Default Actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You should not condemn someone you know, nor curse a stranger.

You should only "condemn" someone that you do know sir Ez 3:20,21

Old 09-11-2020, 06:23 AM

Default Jesus' words

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

As we would agree Baptist, Jesus' words were not sin, nor were they out of line. What he stated was true, and he has been given the keys to life or death, so he makes the call. I understand why he did it, they tried to undue every bit of good things he did. Of course Christians are no stranger to this, observe how many try to undue the good seeds I plant. No doubt Jesus takes note of this sir.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:25 AM

Default sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Is Cursing a sin?

Hell, no!

And of course saying the word hell is not either, but even though you increased the serious of the word no, you really didn't use it in it's intended way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity