Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 03:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

It is fervently believed among evangelicals, so it should not be hard for them to bring up scriptural proof. This is not a question about the existence of hell or who ends up there.
Fire away

Old 04-27-2014, 03:19 PM

33,265 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is fervently believed among evangelicals, so it should not be hard for them to bring up scriptural proof. This is not a question about the existence of hell or who ends up there.
Fire away
That was already done in this thread of mine back in December 2013. A thread on which you posted.

The penalty of sin is death, the ultimate result being the lake of fire. Scripture compared with Scripture

Old 04-27-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That was already done in this thread of mine back in December 2013. A thread on which you posted.

The penalty of sin is death, the ultimate result being the lake of fire. Scripture compared with Scripture
Like always not one of those scriptures reference salvation being salvation from eternal hell. Do you not also find it odd, that in a book that many claim is the infallible inerrant word of God, that something so vitally important to be known to all,is not explicitly made clear that we need to be saved from eternal hell, but reiterated time and time again throughout it?.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:45 PM

33,265 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like always not one of those scriptures reference salvation being salvation from eternal hell. Do you not also find it odd, that in a book that many claim is the infallible inerrant word of God, that something so vitally important to be known to all,is not explicitly made clear that we need to be saved from eternal hell, but reiterated time and time again throughout it?.
As was shown in the thread I posted, the first phase of Salvation is from the penalty of sin which is spiritual death, the ultimate result being eternity future spent in confinement in that place called the lake of fire for those who die without ever having received Christ as Savior. And that fact is indeed clearly presented in Scripture. Denying that fact as you do changes nothing.

There will be no further posts by me on this thread as any further participation would be pointless.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
As was shown in the thread I posted, Salvation is from the penalty of sin which is spiritual death, the ultimate result being eternity future spent in confinement in that place called the lake of fire for those who die without having received Christ as Savior. And that fact is indeed clearly presented in Scripture. Denying that fact as you do changes nothing.

There will be no further posts by me on this thread as any further participation would be pointless.
Salvation is BEING SAVED from what missing the mark is doing to us,not where it sends us. There is no greater miss on the mark than believing we are separated from God in the first place that makes eternal hell a possibility for those who miss the mark.

The bolded am pleased about, if it means you quoting the same scriptures that do not answer the OP.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Where in the bible can i find being saved is salvation from eternal hell?

Nowhere, as God is not "omni" hypocritical.
Some are intellectually dishonest, or corrupted.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
As was shown in the thread I posted, the first phase of Salvation is from the penalty of sin which is spiritual death, the ultimate result being eternity future spent in confinement in that place called the lake of fire for those who die without ever having received Christ as Savior. And that fact is indeed clearly presented in Scripture. Denying that fact as you do changes nothing.

Where in the Bible does it state if one does not believe in Jesus' death for our sins that they will get a "spiritual death"? Where is it written anywhere in all the Bible the phrase "spiritual death"?

Don't you find it odd that we believe Christ died for all the sins of all mankind but God, according to some Christians, is going to make you pay for your sins? You see something wrong with this picture?

Where does it say in the Bible that anyone will have to spend eternity in the lake of fire? Some translations only have "for ever and ever" (the Bible says all the evers end) and some: "for the ages of the ages" and one "for the eons of the eons." It can't be eternal.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:03 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Where in the bible can i find being saved is salvation from eternal hell?

Nowhere, as God is not "omni" hypocritical.
Some are intellectually dishonest, or corrupted.

Oh Jerwade, don't be so dogmatic

Even though the Bible doesn't say we are saved from eternal hell fire and damnation if we don't believe in Christ, if the church teaches it you must believe it.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
As was shown in the thread I posted, the first phase of Salvation is from the penalty of sin which is spiritual death.
Salvation is from what sin does to us, it is not salvation from God letting us have it because we have missed the mark.

Even at our worst God has our interest at heart, to reform us and cause us through is kindness to return to our true identity. It is never to threaten us with consequences, but to point us to the way of life. Throughout the whole of scripture we are called to look to that which is good, not that which is tainted and marred, do you know why that is ?.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

Thanks for answering the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity